“First time, but will return”

Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #11 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Great location between Madison and Park. Enjoyed the morning cold buffet and the evening wine/cheese. Rooms could use "freshing ". Bathroom was adequate. Requested street view of 54th which was great. Understand that the family owned boutique hotel has sister facilities in the City. Would definitely stay again on next trip.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,113)

Reviewed 9 July 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Elysee. The location was great and the staff was very accommodating and helpful in every way. The bagels and biales were terrific and fresh every day.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

The Hotel Elysee is terrific! We stayed there for 2 days over 4th of July weekend, and really enjoyed the proximity of the hotel to Central Park, Rockefeller Center and nearby shopping. I would definitely recommend it.
Pros - Quiet - both in terms of street noise and hearing other guests through the walls, impeccable service, continental breakfast including a wide variety of items - fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, terrific pastrries, bagels, cereal, juices, coffee + more; high thread count sheets on the bed and very good shampoo, and other items etc.

Cons - The only downsides were that the shower head wasn't streaming water out very well; it was rather like it was somewhat plugged up; the hair dryer wasn't powerful at all (I'm glad I brought my own); the beds were a bit hard for my taste but I still got a good sleep. The Monkey Bar appeared to be closed so there wasn't a restaurant on-site from what I could tell, but that was not a problem because there are lots of restaurants nearby .
Overall, it was a really wonderful place to stay. I will stay here again when my travels take me to NYC.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank socalsharon
Reviewed 8 July 2010

This hotel's location, its amenities, its welcoming staff all make for a great place to stay when visiting NYC.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Elysee was a personal welcoming hotel in the middle of the big city. It was fairly close to Central Park and Rockefeller Center. The people at the desk were helpful, the smell of fresh flowers in public areas and the pillows on the beds were fabulous. The continental breakfast was a nice spread and the coffee offerings were plentiful. Our only complaints were waiting for the only elevator a few times and that there was only one public computer available, with lots of guests needing to check things. It also wasn't available unless the meeting(breakfast/wine& crackers) room was open.

Reviewed 7 July 2010

My husband and I stayed here for three nights, and chose the hotel based on all the wonderful reviews we had read here. We were not disappointed. It is a small hotel with a big heart. The decor is lovely and warm, and the hotel is kept in a clean and tidy condition. We appreciated the smiling staff. The location is fabulous - easy walking to Central Park, subways, 5th and Madison Ave shopping and much more. We absolutely loved the continental breakfast served complimentary every morning, and especially the afternoon wine/champagne and appetizers during the week. To me, those little extras really set this place apart and impart a classy, convivial atmospere. SO much nicer than staying at a mega hotel where you are a number, instead of a valued guest.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Recently my husband and I stayed at this hotel and we were very pleased with everything. We choose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews.
The staff was very attentive and helpful, and provided us with helpful information about Jazz Clubs, among other things. The bed was so comfortable, and the linens were so high end and clean that my husband slept past 11:00 a.m. for the first time in his life.
He doesn't recall sleeping that late ever, and in our 11 years of marriage I haven't seen him sleep that late either.
The only concern i had was that the bathrooms have no venting systems, but my father in law explained to me that this is very common in New York, especially with old buildings.
I can't comment on the evening cheese and wine, because we had reservations at restaurants for dinner and we didn't want to ruin our appetite. We had breakfast once and it was very good.
This hotel is a great value. When in New York I will definitely stay there again and I will recommend it to friends and family.
Thank you for having us!