“I will definitly be returning to this hotel”

Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #10 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“I will definitly be returning to this hotel”
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I have stayed in countless hotels in NYC for business and for pleasure. My first stay at Hotel Elysee this summer was absolutely exceptional. The staff is extremely warm, friendly and welcoming. Their smiles and assistance were always authentic when coming and going from the hotel. When I needed suggestions for restaurants or fitness clubs, I was taken care of in the kindest way. The whole hotel has a warmth that I haven't ever experienced in a boutique hotel before, you feel like you are at home. The rooms are beautiful and exceptionally clean. The continental breakfast served every morning was the best I've had, fresh with many choices. I could go on and on, but this hotel made my last trip to New York one of my favorite ever. I highly recommend this place, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Josh R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
mass.
Reviewed 3 September 2010

we planned a night in nyc that turned into a week due to a death in the family. the staff of this hotel all worked to make the needed adjustments to our stay including adding more family.
we have always loved staying here. the only time we've had a problem was when we couldn't get a room!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Manchester UK
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I did a lot of research on Trip Advisor to locate a hotel in New York as we were going to a wedding at a nearby restaurant. As its only my second time in NY and the first for my wife I wanted something special but not over the top. So I was a little apprehensive about it. The hotel was perfect and from the moment that we saw the entrance I knew it would be fine. It has a European feel to it and nice creaky floorboards.

The bedroom was very comfortable and looked out over the street. We were on the 15th floor so had a decent view. Very clean, bathroom was in old fashioned style but really quite nice with a decent shower. The only downside was the air con which was noisy but very efficient. My wife did not notice it.

The lounge area was lovely to sit in and the continental breakfast was really just what we needed. I have had too many large American breakfasts recently so this was ideal.

The location is excellent and within easy reach of Central Park which was great for me to have a morning jog. Wife really loved the hotel although we were out a lot of the time sight seeing.

Will use it again for our next trip.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Once again we had a great stay at this hotel and have definitely found our hotel of choice while visiting New York. It has a nice location away from the crowds of Times Square but is walkable to Broadway plays and Central Park. It is only a few blocks from the subway, has passes to the New York Sports Club for workouts, and has a very nice breakfast in the morning, wine and cheese in the evenings, and fruit and drinks throughout the day. The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable and each one we have stayed in during our visits have all been unique. We have stayed in the front rooms which tend to be a little noisy from the street noise but have a view of the street but we prefer the back rooms which have no view but are very quiet.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Civitavecchia
Reviewed 1 September 2010

The best weekly stay in new york city. Spacious rooms, friendly staff, breakfast super and wine tasting in afternoon truly unique in town. I suggest it. I suggest it. I suggest it!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Ohio
Reviewed 1 September 2010

First the bad: The temperature controls were not functional, so the air conditioning could not be turned down, making the little ante-room that held a sofa, phone, and mini-bar, too cold to be usable. Also, the mini-fridge in the room proper didn't work. It was considerably warmer inside that mini-fridge than it was in the room surrounding it.

Now the good: For Manhattan, this was a decent sized room. The bathroom had marble tile and was large enough to turn around in, which again is large for Manhattan. Plus there was that little sitting room, like a balcony covered with opaque glass. Yes, it was too cold to use, but still--you wouldn't even have it to complain about in most Manhattan hotel rooms.

The bed was firmer than I'm used to, but I slept soundly on it, and the linens looked brand-spanking new.

The food put out for breakfast and the afternoon wine and cheese wing-ding is as underwhelming as everybody says, but all the orange juice you want and your choice of several newspapers is nothing to sneeze at. Still, next time, I'll ask for a room with a functioning mini-fridge and keep it well-stocked during my visit. (And not only for breakfasting--at night, there is no place decent to eat in that neighborhood after 10:00pm. There's no place open for lunch, either--including restaurants with lunch menus posted outside their doors.)

The biggest plus of the stay was that I have never stayed in a cleaner room in my life. Ever. Here's how clean that hotel room was: one day, I dropped one of the pills I take each morning, and without thinking about it, I followed the five second rule. Yup--I picked that sucker off the floor and took it anyway. LOL. There is not another hotel in the world where I would so much as dream of doing such a thing. That room was immaculate.

Whatever they're paying the cleaning staff, it's not enough.

My next stay, I'll complain if not given a working refrigerator and a room with functional temperature control, but I came away with a good enough opinion of the place that I probably will stay there again sometime. The cleanliness standard alone was worth every cent I paid, and then some.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2010

My husband and I went to NYC for our honeymoon and stayed at this fantastic hotel! After a day of exploring it was so great to come to a hotel that felt coming home! Everybody there was so helpful, even recommending great take out! We could not have picked a better location for our NY honeymoon as we were close to everything but far enough away from the mayhem to feel like we were on a romantic getaway---seriously this hotel is the best of uptown NY meets European b&b. We just loved it!

• Stayed August 2010