Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
SmithHotels.com
US$444
US$412
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$232
Travelocity
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$170
  • Fitness centre
4,313 results
All reviewsmonkey barclub roomwine and cheesenew yorksecond floor loungecontinental breakfastcentral parkbagelscocktail hourhard boiled eggsfresh fruitcharming hotelsmall hotelhome away from homeevery eveningking suitestreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We loved our stay at the Elysee. The staff was courteous and welcoming; the breakfast very
good; location perfect for museums and getting around town. We were in a nice room in an upper floor RIGHT next to the elevator: NOT A SOUND! The Club Room is the final selling
point: a great space open until midnight w/coffee/tea snacks available. A lovely spot to come
home to, and we'll be back.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

We were told about your hotel by our family that stays there a few times a year and I must say what a Gem !! The location, the amenities, the staff - The Monkey Bar !!
I have already told many of our friends - you have to stay here - Many of our friends always ask well how much was the room? because they have all been to NY and most hotels are so expemsive - your hotel pricing is great - Again I can't help but say - Thank you !! You will see us again.

Kind Regards
Jim C

Reviewed 9 March 2011

So much choice for a NY hotel and this one was great! From the moment we arrived the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Eating suggestions were good. Response to guest requests excellent. The location worked for us, but if you want to spend a lot of your time in the southern part of Manhattan then consider somewhere closer. Room and bathroom very clean and looked recently decorated (paper peeling under one window though!). Rooms street-side give you light and stuff to look at, but this is a city and even on the 11th floor you'll still hear the bin-men!! Tea/coffee-making facilities would have been good in the room although this isn't that common in city hotels - the 2nd floor lounge makes up for it. Breakfast great - again, not always offered in city hotels. Monkey Bar great for a beer or two before heading out or back in! Free internet really useful although it did drop out from time to time which was a bit annoying. All up, we would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 8 March 2011

I had stayed at the sister hotel The Casablanca last year and could not have been more impressed. I chose this hotel for my recent stay because I preferred the location outside of Times Square but still close to Central Park and Broadway Theatres. The price was reasonable for a suite and you save significantly if you book in advance and pre-pay. From staying at the Casablanca, I was also aware of the free better than typical continetnal breakfast and evening wine and hors d'ourves. In NYC, this amenity is very appreciated and cost effective.

Although I enjoyed my stay, I did find the hotel itself to be lacking in a few respects relative to the Casablanca. First, the hotel furnishings are somewhat dated as indicated by other posts. I stayed in a suite and there were traffic spots in the carpet. And, the floor boards beneath were creaky to the point if you enter or exit the bedroom while your companion sleeps, the noise from the floor could awaken them. There is also no soundproofing of the windows. We were on the 8th floor and could hear people shouting on the sidewalks and a lot of traffic noise. Personally, this does not bother me as the bustle of the city is attractive to me. But at Casablanca although it is located in Times Square, I heard nothing from the street with the windows closed. Another thing I noticed is that the hotel offered turn down service which I did not receive one evening. Again, this is not an issue to me really beyond the fact that it demonstrates an inconsistency with service and expectations. Also, the people at the front desk had difficulty with simple questions (i.e. what is the closest restaurant within walking distance open at 11 PM) and doormen on their cell phones while holding the door. The level of service was fine, it just wasn't to the level of their sister hotel in my opinion.

Overall my stay was very pleasant and the location can't be beat. If travelling to NYC and your plans are fixed, check out their pre-pay option. You will save considerably. I think my expectations were just a bit high because I was ultra impressed at their sister hotel and less so at this facility. That being said, this is defintely a good option in Midtown.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kench
Reviewed 6 March 2011

The Elysee is always my favorite home away from home in NYC. It's location in midtown make it perfect for business, the staff couldn't be more accommodating, I love the breakfast (little know fact: you can ask for espresso drinks) and friendly wine receptions, the wonderful linens and the charming rooms.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business