“great location”

The Watson Hotel
Ranked #348 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“great location”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We haved stayed here twice now, last year during our first visit to NYC and then again this year when we returned. Hotel is reasonably priced, in a good location (we walked to Times Sq everyday, Empire State Building & Radio City Music Hall) and is well kept. The staff was very helpful and aranged a car for us to go back to the airport both trips. Rooms are of average size; each time we also had a rollaway in the room and still had pleaty of space to walk around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jasmin O, Guest Service Manager at The Watson Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Ana B,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed overnight for our daughter's graduation at Lincoln Center one week and unbenownst to me I left my cherished watch my dad gave me which was HIS graduation gift back in the 40s...frantic I called lost n found...no luck...crestfallen doesn't come close..my son graduated from HS the nxt week and we'd already booked a repeat stay...yes the pool is awesome...but what makes it truly a gem is the regulars like my angel Michael who turned my found watch back in and the jovial Joe Cecala who so thoughtfully returned it!!! Turned out a mix up had occured...can't wait to return home and catch up on the news...y'all come!! Karen

• Stayed June 2014
Dear 76Bigfork,

Thank you for your review on the Holiday Inn Midtown! We are so happy your watch was found and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be passed to personnel, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a reasonably priced hotel in a nice residential area close to Central Park. There is a hotel bar and a concierge. My family and I stayed in June and had a great time.

Tip: I would avoid going to the saloon down the street called Jake's Saloon, HORRIBLE service. Stick to the hotel bar if your are wanting drinks at the end of the day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear uniquemo,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for our first trip to NYC! It was clean, quiet, and comfy. Not the newest or most upscale hotel around, but it was more than adequate! Close to Broadway, Times Square, Central Park and the Lincoln Center! I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear JessicaMillien,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your first visit to NYC and your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Midtown 57th street! We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again soon!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here w/a couple of friends for 1 night. We picked it for it's somewhat close proximity to the NYC Cruise Terminal since we were going on a cruise.
I had picked the hotel because it was the lowest priced of the other hotels in the area. The area is close to the Columbus Circle area where hotels tend to be pricey to super pricey. I reserved a room w/ 2 double beds. But a week later the group I was traveling with later offered a group rate, I called directly to the hotel & the rep was very helpful in changing the room online rate to the group rate.
Once I arrived on my scheduled check-in date, things ran smoothly. I was able to check-in early into my room. The room was good & clean like every Holiday Inn I've stayed at in the past couple of years. Not a bad thing in the room to point out!
My friends & I needed some slight help on Broadway shows and that rep was very kind, helpful, & had very good knowledge on which shows were popular.
On check-out day, my friends & I went to the on site restaurant for breakfast. We opted for he breakfast buffet. The food was good and the servers were nice and courteous.
My only tiny complaint that I have is that the Tower label 'S' on signs in the hallway is actually Tower 'B'. So to avoid confusion, this needs to be changed.
All in all, this was a good stay w/a trusted brand. I would stay here again. :D

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear GothicblueCJ,

Thank you very much for your review. We're glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us, and received excellent customer service from various departments. We do apologize about the tower labeling confusion and appreciate your notes so this can be adjusted; tower A is considered the North tower, and tower B is considered the South tower. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Flanders, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Large rooms for NYC hotel. Location good, there for collage graduation at Lincoln Center. Had 3 rooms reserved, trouble at registration desk. Big mess, charged $100 more than quoted. Toilets very hard to flush. Buffet breakfast not worth it, order off the menu.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Casey07836,

Thank you for your review. Our sincerest apologies you did not have a pleasant stay with us. We hope the issues you experienced were corrected, and please know your comments will be passed to upper management. Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize again for any inconvenience.

south
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Large, clean and real non smoking room as we asked.
The location is great and the staff was very helpful and friendly especially lady named Minira.
The restaurant is very large offering almost same buffet every day.
About some cheeses: There is no cheese of any kind – only yogurt, and by the way, one morning even the yogurt was absent. Vegetables? – Not a tail of….
Holiday Inn- you can try for more.
Tip- take care that your room is far away from the elevators.

Room Tip: Take a room far away from the noisy elevators.