“Great Value and Great Place”
Review of The Watson Hotel

The Watson Hotel
Ranked #360 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is the second time around staying here. Both times were equally great. We have stayed at Holiday Inn's 105 nights already in 2014. By far this is in the top 3 of Holiday Inn's. The staff is very nice and very considerate. This is one of the very few hotels in Manhattan that have a outdoor pool, and the pool is really nice. There is a outdoor bar by the pool and the prices are in line with hotel prices. There is plenty to do in the neighborhood and central park is only 2 blocks away.

Room Tip: Take full advantage of the pool during travel in the summer
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles L
Jasmin O, Guest Service Manager at The Watson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Charles L,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so happy to have you as a satisfied, occurring guest - not only to our location but to the Holiday Inn brand! We truly appreciate your feedback, and look forward to hosting you again soon!

Guest Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,521)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We haved stayed here twice now, last year during our first visit to NYC and then again this year when we returned. Hotel is reasonably priced, in a good location (we walked to Times Sq everyday, Empire State Building & Radio City Music Hall) and is well kept. The staff was very helpful and aranged a car for us to go back to the airport both trips. Rooms are of average size; each time we also had a rollaway in the room and still had pleaty of space to walk around.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ana B,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed overnight for our daughter's graduation at Lincoln Center one week and unbenownst to me I left my cherished watch my dad gave me which was HIS graduation gift back in the 40s...frantic I called lost n found...no luck...crestfallen doesn't come close..my son graduated from HS the nxt week and we'd already booked a repeat stay...yes the pool is awesome...but what makes it truly a gem is the regulars like my angel Michael who turned my found watch back in and the jovial Joe Cecala who so thoughtfully returned it!!! Turned out a mix up had occured...can't wait to return home and catch up on the news...y'all come!! Karen

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear 76Bigfork,

Thank you for your review on the Holiday Inn Midtown! We are so happy your watch was found and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will be passed to personnel, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a reasonably priced hotel in a nice residential area close to Central Park. There is a hotel bar and a concierge. My family and I stayed in June and had a great time.

Tip: I would avoid going to the saloon down the street called Jake's Saloon, HORRIBLE service. Stick to the hotel bar if your are wanting drinks at the end of the day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear uniquemo,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for our first trip to NYC! It was clean, quiet, and comfy. Not the newest or most upscale hotel around, but it was more than adequate! Close to Broadway, Times Square, Central Park and the Lincoln Center! I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear JessicaMillien,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your first visit to NYC and your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Midtown 57th street! We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed here w/a couple of friends for 1 night. We picked it for it's somewhat close proximity to the NYC Cruise Terminal since we were going on a cruise.
I had picked the hotel because it was the lowest priced of the other hotels in the area. The area is close to the Columbus Circle area where hotels tend to be pricey to super pricey. I reserved a room w/ 2 double beds. But a week later the group I was traveling with later offered a group rate, I called directly to the hotel & the rep was very helpful in changing the room online rate to the group rate.
Once I arrived on my scheduled check-in date, things ran smoothly. I was able to check-in early into my room. The room was good & clean like every Holiday Inn I've stayed at in the past couple of years. Not a bad thing in the room to point out!
My friends & I needed some slight help on Broadway shows and that rep was very kind, helpful, & had very good knowledge on which shows were popular.
On check-out day, my friends & I went to the on site restaurant for breakfast. We opted for he breakfast buffet. The food was good and the servers were nice and courteous.
My only tiny complaint that I have is that the Tower label 'S' on signs in the hallway is actually Tower 'B'. So to avoid confusion, this needs to be changed.
All in all, this was a good stay w/a trusted brand. I would stay here again. :D

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear GothicblueCJ,

Thank you very much for your review. We're glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us, and received excellent customer service from various departments. We do apologize about the tower labeling confusion and appreciate your notes so this can be adjusted; tower A is considered the North tower, and tower B is considered the South tower. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Large rooms for NYC hotel. Location good, there for collage graduation at Lincoln Center. Had 3 rooms reserved, trouble at registration desk. Big mess, charged $100 more than quoted. Toilets very hard to flush. Buffet breakfast not worth it, order off the menu.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Casey07836,

Thank you for your review. Our sincerest apologies you did not have a pleasant stay with us. We hope the issues you experienced were corrected, and please know your comments will be passed to upper management. Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize again for any inconvenience.