One of the lower priced large chain hotels in Manhattan its priced right for what it is...an older hotel. Decor is dated and bathrooms could be cleaner but it what it is.
We (family - 2 adults 2 kids) stayed there five nights in July 201 and when we had issue the staff took care of it right away including changing the filter on the AC, getting more towels, etc.
The location is a real plus. Only a couple of blocks from Central Park and a major subway station. There is a Wallgreens and CVS just a few blocks away. Walk 4 or 5 blocks South and you're in Hells Kitchen with lots of reasonable places to eat.
There is no laundry facility on site. There are a couple places about 4 to 6 blocks away but they don't stay open late.
The rooftop pool, which is a real plus for this place (its cool), closes at 6pm. What? Yea, 6pm. By the time you get in from site seeing. Its closed. Such a shame especially in summer when its light till 9. Come on guys keep that pool open!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Watson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown