Skyline Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$226
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$200
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$320
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$188
2,653 results
All reviewstimes squarenew yorkhell's kitchenindoor poolintrepid museumminute walkcentral parklincoln tunnelthe penthousefew blocksgood sizetwo double bedsstayed here for nightsrestaurant rowper dayroom was largebit dated
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This was our first trip to New York, we stayed for 3 nights in Nov. We travelled down from Boston on Amtrak and took the subway then walked a couple of blocks

Rooms are a good size and very clean. There was a safe and a full size bathroom. On our first night, we were disturbed by children in the neighbouring room blowing whistles in the early hours and a dog barking across the hallway. We mentioned it to the desk staff and they immediately offered us a change of room. If anything this room was better.

Times Square is less than 10 mins walk away, the tourist bus is close by along with Broadway a few minutes walk. In fact we couldn't have had a better location.

There is some major road works outside, however the road works (New water pipe system) are not limited to that area. This didn't really affect our stay.

On our final day we were able to store our cases, in a locked room for a couple of dollars.

A suggestion - a kettle in the room would have been useful.

Staff were all friendly. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
MHUREWITZ, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Other than the wistle blower, it seems we accomplished our goal, your satisfaction.

We all appreciate the nice comments about the staff and hopefully we contributed to making your visit to NYC enjoyable.

Happy New Years,

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights (Thursday and Friday) in mid November. The hotel is at 10th Avenue and many Broadway theaters are at 8th Avenue or Broadway. This makes the hotel a few blocks away in each direction from the theatre district. It is walking distance to Penn Station with "carry on" size luggage. If you want a hotel that has real size rooms including a bathroom you can move around in without bumping into everything we would recommend Skyline. The staff was courteous and helpful allowing us to leave our luggage after we checked out for a nominal fee. It did lack a coffee maker but when mentioned they loaned us an electric pot for heating water for instant coffee or tea. Don't let the construction outside deter you. Another advantage of the location is proximity to restaurants that are less crowded and less expensive than closer to Broadway. Remember to ask for the AAA rate. This hotel is a very good value for New York City.

Room Tip: We stayed on the pool side located by elevators in the rear. We did not use the indoor pool or fitness room but they were available.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suburbiava
MHUREWITZ, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

It was nice to see that you enjoyed our location , size of rooms and value that we offer at the Skyline Hotel.

We could not have said it any better !!!

HAPPY Holidays,

Reviewed 13 December 2013

I work around the corner, so when the office holiday party came up, I decided it would be a good place to crash for the evening. I wanted to check in a little early to see if my room was ready, but they said I had to come in and if the room was available, I could have it early. So I took a little walk and spoke to Isabel at the front desk. She was very nice, found me a room and gave me my key almost immediately.

I just went upstairs to drop my stuff off. The room looked very nice. The I went back to work and out for the evening. After ditching the party for a more fun dinner with a few work people, I made my way back to the hotel. I went to set the alarm clock when I noticed that the outlet didn't work. I had to take the clock over to the other table and plug it into the outlet in the lamp. A little inconvenient, but fine. However, this gave me no place to plug in my phone to recharge.

I sat at the desk to watch a little tv. I went to throw a piece of trash in the basket below the desk, when is noticed it was already full. They obviously forgot it during the last cleanup.

Aside from those two things, I was happy. The room itself is spacious for Manhattan. The location is great for me. And good for tourists. Close to Times Square, but out of the mayhem. And the price was right. Under $200 before taxes with a special deal for booking more than 14 days in advance.

One strange thing was the rooms as non refundable if booked directly, but some 3rd party sites had the same price with free cancellation.

I would come back again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

You are so correct, it is the little things that make the difference. i have shared your comments with the staff, to show how we could have made your stay even better.

i thank you for your honest feedback and hope you will try us again.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Me and my partner stayed in the skyline for 7 nights first impression of the room we couldn't beleive the size of it, it was massive! Bed was so comfy had great nights sleep every time, rooms were always tidy and cleaned up staff really helpful and nice to deal with great service, I would definitely stay here again hopefully use the pool this time we just never seemed to have time as theres lots to do in new york city!! Cant wait to visit again :-) few tips I would give is theres a store called cvs its on 10th ave and on the corner of 54th street I think(5min walk away) stocking up on juice and stuff here will save u some money go here first day and also in the lobby of the hotel theres books to read theres coupons off for the stores such as nba store and m&m store we didnt realise this till we were leaving. Thanks again to the staff of the skyline hotel

• Stayed: November 2013
MHUREWITZ, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

What lovely comments on your stay! We are pleased we were add to your trip to NY and you took the time to let everone know.

Happy Holidays

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Just come back from a 5 night stay at the Skyline.
First impressions I thought I was going to be very disappointed because of other reviews that I had read! Don't take any notice of other people's reviews, experience it for yourself..
When we checked in they took our credit card details and said that they would charge $25 a day, but obviously at the end of our stay if there wasn't any damage then there would be no charge..
We were given our room on the 5th floor at the front of the building, there were some roadworks going on outside but it wasn't a problem. The room was lovely and clean and had a hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and fresh towels everyday. Beds were lovely and comfortable.
The maids were very good, very prompt in the mornings.
We didn't get to explore the swimming pool as we're out all of the time, sightseeing and shopping.
The location of this hotel is perfect, the deli over the road does a lovely takeaway coffee and breakfast.. Starbucks are on most street corners so if you are after wifi that's free then that's where you need to go.
You can get wifi in the rooms but there is an outside charge.
I would defiantly return to this hotel if we all returned to NYC..
Larry the concierge was very helpful and so were the front desk staff, we booked a lot of our excursions via Larry, he sorted it all for us..
My only down full in the Skyline is that it never had an tea/coffee making facilities, but I could not fault this hotel otherwise.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Kathryn W

We always hope to exceed the expectations of our guests., and sometimes we will fall short of our goals. when a guest does not have a great experience for whatever reason, we learn from therir comments in the reviews. I appreciate your comments about some prior reviews and it seems we accomplished our goal and some , with your stay at the Skyline.

I believe your experience describes what we hope every guest feels about their stay at our hotel.

Wishing you and your family the happiest of holidays,