Booked the hotel when my change in travel dates forced me to give up on a cheaper stay at The Jane. Key consideration was that the subway was just outside the hotel.
Must say that this was definitely a plus. Also appreciated having Starbucks just downstairs for quick cuppa in the mornings. Also managed to have lunch in the cafe next day, owned apparently by the same management of the hotel. Hmmm, skip the meal. I was better off walking to Whole Foods a few streets away or just taking the subway out to more interesting choices. Or maybe it was just me. :-)
Onto the room. Had a single. Pretty tight fit, but adequate. My room was sorta in perpetual shade/darkness though, as I just kept the window and shades down. No view to speak about. Room was slightly warm and stuffy, but nothing the ceiling fan and air conditioning could not resolve.
As for the toilet, hmmm. Not my favorite. There was a sink, a toilet bowl and the bathtub. However, there was very little shelfing to place personal toiletries. Oh wait! There were no shelves. I just precariously perched things on the sides of the bathtub, the sink etc. Another problem was the temperature of the water. Either too hot or too cold. Hmm...
Other than that, I really appreciated the all-round WiFi and also the free computer access at the lobby with free printing facilities. That was a true lifesaver when I misplaced my printed ticket for the Liberty Cruise and had to reprint that. Also managed to make a last minute booking online using the computer to visit the 911 memorial, which was a 7-10 min walk away. Pls make a visit if you are in the area or staying. It was very moving and I appreciated the opportunity to visit, which I would likely have not if I did not stay so close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street,the Financial District, Westfield Mall at the World Trade Center, Brookfield Place and the Oculus. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow Original Apothecary Bath products, room service by the Palm Restaurant Tribeca, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks and Pret A Manger on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from superior and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Agoda, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca