The Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca is an excellent value in the very expensive (and not always good quality) hotel scene in Manhattan. If you are looking for a quality mid-range hotel in Manhattan, this is a great place to stay.
What distinguish this hotel from most other offerings is: the location, excellent staff, excellent WiFi coverage, and cleanliness. On the negative, the bathroom is tiny (even by Manhattan standards) and the rooms don't have coffee makers.
About the location, it's in Tribeca (a hip area with good shopping and dining), but if you want to explore, the 123 subway line just outside the hotel, the ACE line is a block away and the PATH train and the 456 line is 4 blocks away. It's also walking distance to the 911 Memorial and the Brooklyn bridge. About the staff, they are really nice and helpful. People in the frontdesk were full of advice and always greet you with a smile. They really tried to fulfill every request: early check in, a quiet room away from the street and elevators, a place to change into my running clothes when my room wasn't ready, and tracking down a letter that was sent to the hotel. WiFi was excellent in my room, although my MacBook had a bit of problems connecting to the password page sometimes (this has happened in other hotels, so it's probably my laptop's fault). My room was super clean when I arrived and kept that way during my stay.
Now on the negatives, the bathroom was tiny and by that I mean seriously small. Unless you are the size of a 4 year old, don't expect to take a bath in the "tub." And it was annoying not having a coffee maker in the room (there is a Starbucks in the ground floor if you need your morning caffeine).
All and all, the hotel was an excellent value and I'm happy to recommend the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street,the Financial District, Westfield Mall at the World Trade Center, Brookfield Place and the Oculus. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow Original Apothecary Bath products, room service by the Palm Restaurant Tribeca, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks and Pret A Manger on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from superior and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca