“Excellent value for mid-range hotel with outstanding staff and location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca

Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca
Ranked #223 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sunnyvale, California
“Excellent value for mid-range hotel with outstanding staff and location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca is an excellent value in the very expensive (and not always good quality) hotel scene in Manhattan. If you are looking for a quality mid-range hotel in Manhattan, this is a great place to stay.

What distinguish this hotel from most other offerings is: the location, excellent staff, excellent WiFi coverage, and cleanliness. On the negative, the bathroom is tiny (even by Manhattan standards) and the rooms don't have coffee makers.

About the location, it's in Tribeca (a hip area with good shopping and dining), but if you want to explore, the 123 subway line just outside the hotel, the ACE line is a block away and the PATH train and the 456 line is 4 blocks away. It's also walking distance to the 911 Memorial and the Brooklyn bridge. About the staff, they are really nice and helpful. People in the frontdesk were full of advice and always greet you with a smile. They really tried to fulfill every request: early check in, a quiet room away from the street and elevators, a place to change into my running clothes when my room wasn't ready, and tracking down a letter that was sent to the hotel. WiFi was excellent in my room, although my MacBook had a bit of problems connecting to the password page sometimes (this has happened in other hotels, so it's probably my laptop's fault). My room was super clean when I arrived and kept that way during my stay.

Now on the negatives, the bathroom was tiny and by that I mean seriously small. Unless you are the size of a 4 year old, don't expect to take a bath in the "tub." And it was annoying not having a coffee maker in the room (there is a Starbucks in the ground floor if you need your morning caffeine).

All and all, the hotel was an excellent value and I'm happy to recommend the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ca14rs
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear ca14rs,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service, your room was very clean and that you enjoyed our location. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Please follow us on social media and subscribe to our website so we can keep you informed of our upcoming special offers.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Slovak first
Islamabad, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The staff here are excellent. They have gone above and beyond to return a pair of shoes to me. The hotel has great style and is in a really convenient location. This is value for money, and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy G
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Amy G,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that our staff was very helpful and accommodating. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future, please stay in touch with us through social media and our website so we can keep you informed of our upcoming special offers.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

A 4 star hotel with no kettle or coffee machines in rooms... Are we kidding?

This place would not deserve more than 3 stars! Small rooms, not very clean and no main in-room services.

I was very surprised when I asked for a kettle in my room so that I could do tea or coffee in the morning, like in every hotel in the world! The answer was that they don't have any. I paid 1200 dollars for 3 nights and this is the service? Unbelievable...Overrated and expensive.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simleon
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear simleon,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. Currently the Cosmopolitan Hotel - TriBeCa is a three star property that is competitively priced for the TriBeCa neighborhood. We are continuously adding services and amenities. We offer complimentary wi - fi, 52 HD channels with on demand movies and shows, a 24 hour state of the art Fitness Center and iMac computers for guest use. In the future there will be mini fridges in all the rooms but we will not be adding coffee makers nor kettles. Starbucks is located in our hotel as a convenience for our guests.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Booked the hotel when my change in travel dates forced me to give up on a cheaper stay at The Jane. Key consideration was that the subway was just outside the hotel.

Must say that this was definitely a plus. Also appreciated having Starbucks just downstairs for quick cuppa in the mornings. Also managed to have lunch in the cafe next day, owned apparently by the same management of the hotel. Hmmm, skip the meal. I was better off walking to Whole Foods a few streets away or just taking the subway out to more interesting choices. Or maybe it was just me. :-)

Onto the room. Had a single. Pretty tight fit, but adequate. My room was sorta in perpetual shade/darkness though, as I just kept the window and shades down. No view to speak about. Room was slightly warm and stuffy, but nothing the ceiling fan and air conditioning could not resolve.

As for the toilet, hmmm. Not my favorite. There was a sink, a toilet bowl and the bathtub. However, there was very little shelfing to place personal toiletries. Oh wait! There were no shelves. I just precariously perched things on the sides of the bathtub, the sink etc. Another problem was the temperature of the water. Either too hot or too cold. Hmm...

Other than that, I really appreciated the all-round WiFi and also the free computer access at the lobby with free printing facilities. That was a true lifesaver when I misplaced my printed ticket for the Liberty Cruise and had to reprint that. Also managed to make a last minute booking online using the computer to visit the 911 memorial, which was a 7-10 min walk away. Pls make a visit if you are in the area or staying. It was very moving and I appreciated the opportunity to visit, which I would likely have not if I did not stay so close.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gladium
Dear gladium,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that our location was convenient for everything that you wanted to do and see. We are also glad that our complimentary wi - fi along with our lobby computers and printer were amenities that were helpful to you. Please note that we do have rooms that face the front of the building and offer various views of both downtown and uptown. Please stay in touch through social media and our website so we can keep you informed of upcoming special packages and rates.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our first stay at the Cosmopolitan, and it was excellent. Cannot say enough about the staff and their courtesy, friendliness, and eagerness to help you in any way possible. It's a smaller hotel, which was great, and it was very clean & had everything we needed. We walked to the WTC site and its associated Tribute Center, 9/11 Memorial site and St. Paul's Chapel. We also walked to Chinatown for shopping, the Ferry Terminal to visit Hoboken, the Brooklyn Bridge for a walk-over to take pictures, and to the Battery Park/Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Ferry Areas. We loved the Cosmopolitan, and will definitely return there again. There is some construction work happening on the corner outside, but it did not hinder or bother us in any way at all. Thank you, Cosmo Staff !!! :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Leslie H
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Leslie H,
Thank you for the great five star review. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and we are also pleased to hear that your room was very clean and comfortable. Thank you as well for letting us know about all the local sites you visited and how conveniently we are located to them. Please stay in touch with us through social media and through our website so we can send you our upcoming special offers. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cedar Falls, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed close to Times Square for 2 nights and ended my trip here - wish I would have stayed here all 3 nights. The hotel is located in a great area of Tribeca. The Starbucks right next door was so convenient - and there is a great pizza place right down the street on the corner too. The hotel staff was very friendly and check-in was very convenient. I stayed on the 7th floor and heard a lot of noise at night - didn't sleep the best, but who really sleeps in NYC?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cedar_shake79
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear cedar_shake79,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor in regard to your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you experienced a convenient check in, our staff was friendly, and that you enjoyed the local restaurants. Please note we do have quiet rooms that face the back of the hotel which block out the sounds of New York City. We hope you will stay with us again in the near future, please follow us through our website and on social media so we can inform you of our upcoming special offers.

Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Was on my third visit to this hotel in two years. The service was great this time too and I will definately continue to come back to this hotel on my coming trips to New York City. The location is superb in tribeca and close to restaurants, night life and sights.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank tompaSE
Dear TompaNorthJersey,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you are one of our repeat guests and we appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We also are pleased to hear that you enjoy the TriBeCa neighborhood which offers a great variety of dining, nightlife and activities. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, please follow us through social media and our website so we can let you know about our exclusive offers and packages.