Stayed at the Cosmopolitan Hotel during a business trip. Despite the street construction surrounding the hotel, I enjoyed my four-day stay. The check-in process was straightforward and the front desk staff were welcoming. My room was clean, well-appointed, and the bed was firm, yet comfortable.
My room was on the small side, but it got the job done. My window faced the inside of the building, so the view was putrid. I have to agree with others that the A/C unit was on the loud side, but it does make the room comfortable. I was able to watch TV and sleep comfortably with just the ceiling fan. Unfortunately, my television frequently lost its signal for extended periods of time and the maintenance team was not able to resolve the issue. After multiple calls to the front desk, I just gave up on the television and watched Netflix on my tablet.
My business meetings were down near Battery Park. The hotel was a pleasant, 1.5 mile walk to my meeting site. It was also close to City Hall, the WTC Memorial, and the Financial District. Most importantly, the 2/3 subway line was right outside the door of the hotel and the 1 subway line was at the corner. If you have the time, you can get to and from JFK Airport for about $6 each way.
I would stay at this hotel again, although I would definitely upgrade my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street,the Financial District, Westfield Mall at the World Trade Center, Brookfield Place and the Oculus. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow Original Apothecary Bath products, room service by the Palm Restaurant Tribeca, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks and Pret A Manger on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from superior and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca