The Frederick Hotel
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$190
Travelocity
2,075 results
All reviewscosmopolitan hotelchambers streetwest broadwaysubway stationtribeca areabrooklyn bridgenew yorkstarbucks downstairsbattery parklower manhattanslow elevatorworld trade centerrooms are smalldouble bedwalking distancestreet noisethe financial district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2008

Wow.......this is my fourth time to NYC and I have always stayed at the Pennsylvania House, however opted to stay at the Cosmopolitan this time (was sent a winter special rate online). It was the best thing I have ever done. My daughter and I stayed in the mini loft room in room 310, and even though the room was small, it was the perfet size for my 11 yr old and me. She thought the loft bed was the bomb. The #1 subway train was right outside of our front door and it was so easy to get to everything. The cafe beside of the hotel was fabulous, too. We will definately stay here again. I am already planning our next trip in the spring of 2009. The staff was soooooooo nice and helpful
Loved it!

Lisa and Shay

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2008

This hotel was recommended by a NYC resident as a place their family stays when they visit. All in all, a great hotel.

My only complaint was a strong moth ball smell in the hallway on the 4th fl when you got off the elevator. Thankfully, our room didn't have the odor. The rooms were also very hot. There is no way of controlling heat in the room. Thankfully, the windows in the room and bathroom opened and there was an air conditioner. Room was definitely small, which is common for NY, but it was very clean. Noise wasn't an issue except for the screaming children next door who also proceeded to run through the hallways...grr!

Subway is right around the corner and the Soda Shop downstairs has great food.

Don't expect any frills. No ice or vending machines. There is a hair dryer though. Bathroom is small and there is very little counter space. Decor is simple, but nice.

As Frommer's said, this place is great for a low maintenance traveller.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2008

The hotel has central heating so you have no temperature control in your room. Luckily we did have a ceiling fan and the window opened so we could get in some fresh air. I booked us into a mini-loft so it was even warmer in the loft where the bed was. I asked about turning down the temperature at the front desk but felt no relief from the heat.

The mini-loft was a challenge in that you could not stand straight up on the highest step, but had to bend over to climb into bed. You could sit up on the bed without hitting your head. It made you think about if you really needed to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom or not!

Overall the hotel was clean, quiet and kept up. Our rate was $260/night. The subway station is right outside the door. This section of Tribeca was not fancy or interesting. There is an old soda shop next door that is cute and the food was good.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2008

The hotel is located in Tribeca within short walking distance to Soho and Greenwich village bars and restaurants and shops. Rather small room with small beds. We were first given a amazingly small room on the fifth floor - with an view of the brick wall. The beed was very small, and after a short discussion with the staff we managed to find out that there are some rooms with queen beds and luckily we could switch room without problems. The new room on the third floor was larger, not spacious but I guess that's hard to find in NY, with a ok sized bed. The rooms was however facing westbroadway/chamber street which caused a lot of noice .- however if you value space in terms of room and bed size and not sleep to easily this is a better choice. The bathrooms was clean and in ok conditions, as was the room in general. The price is very good considering the location (chamber street metro just outside) and the condition of the room. The staff was nice and helpful and I really liked the area, the restaurant and shoppingin in soho is much more comfy than uptown in my opinion.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2008

Great little hotel. Great value. You get a lot for your money, this is why I have stayed there. Have been staying there for three years on business.
Place is very clean (spotless).
My only comment is more upscale hotels are offering better rates than this hotel for 2009 and I will follow my pocketbook.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business