Stayed here for 3-4 days in early June 2008.
Great location! In Tribeca area, within walking distances to Wall Street, Soho, Chinatown, Little Italy and Greenwich Village. Close to a subway.. red and blue line I think? But public transportation in NYC is fantastic, easily accessible and pretty simple to navigate once you get the hang of it.
Small coffee shops, eateries, and 24hour convenience store located nearby too. And they have a cafe and a Starbucks on 1st floor of hotel.
The room was small, but clean. Only complaint was that our washroom didn't have a fan/air ventilation/window, so got a bit steamy/damp after showers.. A/C was great as we ended up being in NYC during the heat wave last year. As there was construction during our stay, they accommodated our request for a room facing the back. Therefore, not much of a view, but no loud construction/car disturbances either. This may not be a problem anymore if construction is completed?
Overall, great value for location and room; nothing fancy but you're in NYC to explore, not to stay in your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street,the Financial District, Westfield Mall at the World Trade Center, Brookfield Place and the Oculus. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow Original Apothecary Bath products, room service by the Palm Restaurant Tribeca, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks and Pret A Manger on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from superior and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca