I stayed at the cosmo on my second trip to NY from the UK. Being a poor student the first time I went I stayed in a total dive, so the thought of staying somewhere a tad more expensive and cleaner was an exciting one. The best thing about the cosmo is the location, tribeca is a trendy and clean part of town and I felt safe wondering there of a night with my husband. Its also right by a subway station so getting around to the tourist sights is easy.
I do have a few negative comments, fisrt our room was rubbish. Not big enough to swing a cat in. When our cases where on the floor the only place you could stand was on the bed or in the bathroom! Our room also backed onto the air condtioning system and the noise was terrible. Having said this i've spoke to people who stayed there and got big quiet rooms and really enjoyed staying at the hotel, so i think its the luck of the draw.
I also didn't find the staff very welcoming, i understood they where always busy, but they made me feel like i was interupting their busy routine when i stopped by to ask a question.
I would not really like to stay at this hotel again, next time i go to NY i want to do it in style! But if you want to keep costs down, or you are just over there with a gang of friends it could be worth checking out the cosmo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street,the Financial District, Westfield Mall at the World Trade Center, Brookfield Place and the Oculus. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow Original Apothecary Bath products, room service by the Palm Restaurant Tribeca, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks and Pret A Manger on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from superior and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca