We liked it!! The hotel was a great find in New York. 8 of us which inluded two kids stayed in two rooms and there was no extra charges for that. That in itself save up to $58. from most other hotels. The rooms had 2 double bed and for two adults they were cozy so lets just say you should really like the person youare sleeping with! *s*
Very positive note... It is very, very, clean. The rooms were small yes... but we were there to see New York again and not sit in the room. We had 2 rooms on the second floor. The bathroom was proportionate to the room but clean and efficient. The check in/out was fast and the woman behind the desk very efficient. She was answering phones, processing a checkout and working a computer all at the same time. We even got her to crack a smile once!! *L* Parking was a block away and only $25 per 24 hours.
We walked the 4 blocks to Ground Zero and went to the small church beside the site. It is a terrific memorial to the people and the emergency workers.
Along the way back we spotted the Amish Market. What a great place. It stretches indoors for a block. You can get many different things there. We sat at the deli part, I'll call it and had breakfast. Fresh crepes made right in front of you. Very good. They had many other things they made right before you as you waited. I recommend this place to everyone. Just go and browse around and get something special to eat too.
Cab ride to Times Square was about $12. It would be a long walk. Central Park, $17 approx. Better on the subway but we were limited for time.
Next to the hotel is a little store to get beer, wine and snacks. Across one street is a little bar and up the street another one.
Anyway... we enjoyed the hotel and when we did have a small leak under the sink, the maintenance man was there in 8 minutes. Fixed it and apologized often for the inconvenience.
All in all the place was GREAT!
The cost was only $140. a night fro 4 adults in the room. Pretty reasonable.
We do recommend a stay at the Cosmopolitan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street,the Financial District, Westfield Mall at the World Trade Center, Brookfield Place and the Oculus. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow Original Apothecary Bath products, room service by the Palm Restaurant Tribeca, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks and Pret A Manger on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from superior and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Agoda, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca