“Heaven in the middle of madness”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Ranked #180 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cork, Ireland
“Heaven in the middle of madness”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Where to start with this hotel. I decided to go with this hotel after reading the reviews on here and it was definitely the right choice. Stayed for 5 nights. From the moment I stepped foot in the door and got those warm cookies to the moment I left everything went perfect. We had a Time Square view room and i was shocked how quiet it was and the black out blinds truly blocked out the lights. The layout and size of the room were perfect. To get a room that size in NY is rare and the facilities in the room really helped. I filled the fridge with snacks and drinks for myself and having the safe meant you could store any valuables and feel safe.
All the staff were so friendly and would help you best they can.
And the location is just perfect. Short walk to almost everywhere you want to go including, rockefeller, macys, empire state building, large number of shows, and I guess time square isn't too far away either ;-)
My one major complaint would be the bed was too comfortable. I found it hard to get up in the morning :-) It might be the city that never sleeps but all I wanted to do was sleep.

Next time I am back in New York this will be the only place I would stay. It made sure it was a perfect break away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JNK883

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,551)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Randolph, Ma
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is my 4th stay at the Doubletree Guest Suites time square. I came her for my daughter's 14th birthday with her cousin and my mother. As usual the room was spotless and the view was amazing. Everyone at the Front desk was courteous and pleasant. If there was one incident that put a shadow on the stay was the day we were leaving.
We had our bags brought down and stored while we finished some last minute shopping. Being it was my daughters birthday we had some leftover cake in a very sturdy cardboard box that we asked to store with the other items. The cake was from planet hollywood and we were bringing it home to share with her dad because he could not come with us. Unfortunately the Bellman miguel who brought out our luggage was careless and quite insensative. He joking said to his colleuge that the cart fell over. I immediatley asked if the cake was ok and he said : oh i guess. i pointed to where it was and he shrugged his shoulders. we then went down the put the luggage in the car and he proceeded to pick up the box with the cake in it, turn it upside down and at the same time I said :wait , that his the cake, he said "oh yea well how should I hold it, which at that point he turned it sideways.

well by then I grabbed the box and opened it only to find the cake all ruined and sqaushed. miguel laughed and said oh yea guess i souldn't do that. my daughter was quite upset and heart broken but it was his attitude. He offered $5 for the cake. which by the was was $35. At that point it was not about the money but about my daughters birthday cake and his insensitive attitude. If it was not for Jimmy the other bellman I would have thought all of them were like that. Jimmy was kind and quite aplogetic which he should not have to do. it was not his fault. He is a class act. miquel should take lessons.

I did go back upstairs with the ruined cake and spoke to the manager . He did reimburse me the money for the cake but actually the point was no one should be carelss and insentive.

moral of the story. when in times square and staying at the doubletree : ask for Jimmy. He is the best and classiest as well as funny bellmand at the hotel. I hope he is there when I go back!!!.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank dollypoop
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear dollypoop,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with our bellman. We have already addressed the issue with our staff, and we will make sure this does not happen again. We deeply appreciate your loyalty with our hotel, and we want to restore your confidence. We would love an opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of accommodation you have every right to expect from DoubleTree!

Kind Regards,

Brian Choi
Operations Manager
Manchester, England
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Have just spent 4 nights here and highly recommend it. Room size excellent. Beds are very comfortable. Sleep quality excellent considering the noisy bustling location. There was no noise from Times Sq below. Breakfasts not included in cost but well worth the extra. Very plentiful and lots of choice. The only minor complaint I have is that on check out we had several mini bar items added to our bill which had not been used. These were removed on enquiry. So check before leaving. All in all a great place to stay in fantastic location.

• Stayed February 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel is amazing! We stayed at the DoubleTree from 13th to 17th February. The service is fantastic. Two of the desk staff in particular were extremely helpful and kind throughout our time there (Michael and "Sheriff Daniel"). It's right in the heart of everything. Situated in Times Square, you walk out the doors of the hotel and you're straight in the thick of it. There's subway stations all round (within a five minute walk) to get you anywhere else in the city you want to go. It's also real close to Central Park and many other sites. The hotel was clean, spacious and our view was amazing (we were on the 39th floor). Me and my partner got engaged while we were there and the staff were fantastic by putting champagne in our room (thanks Sheriff!!!) It made the whole day unbelievably special. The staff continued to make us feel special by congratulating us and generally being welcoming and friendly. The room had all the amenities we would want and more: microwave, fridge, hairdryer, tea/coffee making facilities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would hope to go back again one day. Perfect! Stay at the DoubleTree if you want a fantastic New York experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Our family of four spent two nights at the Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square. This was our third stay there. The location is great (just across the street from the half price Broadway ticket booth) with many restaurants theaters and attractions within easy walking distance. While not luxurious, the furnishings and decor are nice. With the exception of one bellhop, all the staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Our family really appreciated having a suite at an affordable price. I highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Travelingfamily77,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I'm concerned that one of our bellman was not helpful. We always strive to provide the perfect service. I would really appreciate if you can provide more information on your interaction with our bellman, so we can address the issue and continue to improve our service. Thank you for staying with us. I sincerely hope you will stay with us again next time you come to NYC.

Kind Regards,

Brian Choi
Operations Manager
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The hotel is in a perfect location right in the middle of Times Square. Anything you could want is right in walking distance: Comedy clubs, bars, restaurants, Broadway shows, etc. The rooms themselves are excellent with more sq footage than you would expect in the city. The hotel even has an activity counter where you can find local attractions and they even help you purchase tickets. The only downfall is the price of parking ($50/night) but that is to be expected in NYC. I would definitely stay at this hotel for future trips.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Cumberland, Maine
Reviewed 24 February 2012

You can not ask for a better hotel room in NYC than at Doubletree Suites. We were a group of 2 moms and 2 teenage daughters, and boy did we appreciate the spacious two rooms of this suite. Got a great price and got upgraded to a Times Square view on the 42nd floor to our delight. Every staff member was friendly and welcoming, the rooms were clean and well-equipped with a refrig and microwave provided. We found a nice little bodega right around the corner to get breakfast supplies and keep our food costs a little lower. Incredible convenience of the subway at 49th right outside the door, a quick walk to Rockefeller Center and a great variety of restaurants and shopping in Times Square-we loved it. Now, if only the mattress on the pull-out couch could be of better quality, this hotel would truly have it all for a family in the city!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family