DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Ranked #189 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 February 2012

From Feb 24-27. If you want Time Sq. at decent price this is it. Good view of square from window. Next door to Palace Theatre. Room not as big or as nice as Double Tree Ft Lauderdale; but this is NYC. Sofa bed pull out could use a redo as it was a bit lumpy. Everything functional, in room safe, microwave, bar fridge, extra counter with sink, small coffeemaker, coffee&tea. 2 Tv's, 2 phones. Bathroom tub could use a redo, shower temp & strength was good. Extra towels & pillows given when asked at hotel but not in room as requested (& confirmed) in advance online with reservation link. Had 2 bar people. Unfortunately didnt get names. 1st male one was concerned about his tip; had no suggestions, didn't show menu. 2nd female one (kudos to her) showed us menu, made suggestions, offered to carry drinks to table. Concierge & front desk friendly helpful though my daughter (after a 3 month stay) knew some subway lines better then they did. Soundproofing to outside noise excellenet; heard only a little noise from hallways inside.Would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor less noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank mas1958
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear mas1958,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Hope you enjoyed your stay with us in Times Square. I sincerely apologize that your requested items were not in the room upon arrival. It is also concerning that one of our bartenders has failed to provide the service you expect from us.

We always strive to provide the perfect service to our guest. I would really appreciate if you can provide more information on your stay, so we may address the issue and continue to improve our service.

We deeply appreciate your business with us, and we want to make sure a problem free stay in the future. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Brian Choi
Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (8,284)

Reviewed 29 February 2012

This has got to be one of the finest locations for a tourist to stay. There is a fridge and a microwave so you can eat really cheaply if you want to. You literally fall put of the front door in to the middle of Times Square. But of course being in the thick of things means its noisy all day and all night, specially if you are on one of the lower floors. If you stay here then check out The View at the Marriott opposite. It's a revolving bar and restaurant right at the top of the hotel, with the most amazing views across the city. Pricey but literally the best view in town.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is my first stay at the Plaza Hotel Doubletree Guest Suites time. We were 7 days. The room was spacious and the view was incredible. Everyone at the reception desk was courteous. The rooms were great, the beds are comfortable, clean. We had a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker. The spectacular location of the hotel is right across from TKTS where you can find discount tickets for Broadway. The hospitality that radiates this hotel is excellent. It is a good hotel to go with families.

Room Tip: We were on floor 16 and was very quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Hotel is located at the intersection of 47th Street, 7th Avenue, and Broadway. The Broadway pedestrian mall and TKTS booth is literally 50 feet from the entrance. Rooms are standard upscale DoubleTree suite rooms (basically an Embassy Suites floorplan with nicer furnishings). Very quiet.

Quick cab ride to and from both Grand Central and Penn Stations (~$12). Short walk to most theaters. Restaurant is very pricey for breakfast (get a breakfast package if you want to eat there). Fast food (McDonalds) is close, as well as a nice "hole in the wall deli (47th Street deli) around the corner, and a Pret a Manger at 47th and 6th Avenue.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim G
Reviewed 28 February 2012

What can you say about the location when you look out your window and directly into Times Square! Rooms were great. We were right next to lifts and when we first got there we thought it would be noisy, well to our surprise it wasnt at all. Rooms were great, beds comfortable, all clean. We had a problem with heating as room was very hot when we got there, it was fixed within about 30 minutes of call. Information Desk was brilliant for everything, young lady (sorry forgot her name) was absolutely brilliant. Only grip was that internet in rooms was very expensive and when we used computer to print out tickets for basketball pricing was also very expensive. Free Wi-fi in reception area however. Two rooms meant it is perfect for families. Great experience and wouldnt hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: times square views!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RowlyP
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Where to start with this hotel. I decided to go with this hotel after reading the reviews on here and it was definitely the right choice. Stayed for 5 nights. From the moment I stepped foot in the door and got those warm cookies to the moment I left everything went perfect. We had a Time Square view room and i was shocked how quiet it was and the black out blinds truly blocked out the lights. The layout and size of the room were perfect. To get a room that size in NY is rare and the facilities in the room really helped. I filled the fridge with snacks and drinks for myself and having the safe meant you could store any valuables and feel safe.
All the staff were so friendly and would help you best they can.
And the location is just perfect. Short walk to almost everywhere you want to go including, rockefeller, macys, empire state building, large number of shows, and I guess time square isn't too far away either ;-)
My one major complaint would be the bed was too comfortable. I found it hard to get up in the morning :-) It might be the city that never sleeps but all I wanted to do was sleep.

Next time I am back in New York this will be the only place I would stay. It made sure it was a perfect break away.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JNK883
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is my 4th stay at the Doubletree Guest Suites time square. I came her for my daughter's 14th birthday with her cousin and my mother. As usual the room was spotless and the view was amazing. Everyone at the Front desk was courteous and pleasant. If there was one incident that put a shadow on the stay was the day we were leaving.
We had our bags brought down and stored while we finished some last minute shopping. Being it was my daughters birthday we had some leftover cake in a very sturdy cardboard box that we asked to store with the other items. The cake was from planet hollywood and we were bringing it home to share with her dad because he could not come with us. Unfortunately the Bellman miguel who brought out our luggage was careless and quite insensative. He joking said to his colleuge that the cart fell over. I immediatley asked if the cake was ok and he said : oh i guess. i pointed to where it was and he shrugged his shoulders. we then went down the put the luggage in the car and he proceeded to pick up the box with the cake in it, turn it upside down and at the same time I said :wait , that his the cake, he said "oh yea well how should I hold it, which at that point he turned it sideways.

well by then I grabbed the box and opened it only to find the cake all ruined and sqaushed. miguel laughed and said oh yea guess i souldn't do that. my daughter was quite upset and heart broken but it was his attitude. He offered $5 for the cake. which by the was was $35. At that point it was not about the money but about my daughters birthday cake and his insensitive attitude. If it was not for Jimmy the other bellman I would have thought all of them were like that. Jimmy was kind and quite aplogetic which he should not have to do. it was not his fault. He is a class act. miquel should take lessons.

I did go back upstairs with the ruined cake and spoke to the manager . He did reimburse me the money for the cake but actually the point was no one should be carelss and insentive.

moral of the story. when in times square and staying at the doubletree : ask for Jimmy. He is the best and classiest as well as funny bellmand at the hotel. I hope he is there when I go back!!!.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank dollypoop
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear dollypoop,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with our bellman. We have already addressed the issue with our staff, and we will make sure this does not happen again. We deeply appreciate your loyalty with our hotel, and we want to restore your confidence. We would love an opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of accommodation you have every right to expect from DoubleTree!

Kind Regards,