“location. location. location.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Ranked #183 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 March 2012

You don't get anymore in the middle of times square than this.

Standard 4 star hotel quality - but HUGE Suite rooms for NYC.

We were very happy with our rooms, but the rates are obscene. You could stay at a 5 star in Vegas for 3 nights for the price of one night here.

None the less, if you have the money, I would choose this place time after time for location and room size in NYC. And the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at doubletree don't hurt.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (8,344)

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is our third stay at Doubletree and while I have researched many of the other hotels, I always seem to come back to Doubletree and with good reason. The location, the quality, space and price make it worth it...not to mention the warm chocolate chip cookie! We asked for a cookie each time we returned from sightseeing for a snack.

Planning and time makes a big difference. I booked our hotel almost 8 months in advance so got a king suite for $176 (Cdn) a night.

McD's is almost next door which makes getting a quick bite or breakfast easy. The coffee in the room is quite good.

Beds are very good...even the sofabed was comfortable. Having two TV's was great as our son could watch what he wanted while we watched the other.

My only complaint is that internet is not free in the rooms (which is the norm, I know) and there are no plates or cutlery available in the rooms. The first two times, I had to go to the restaurant and request it so I could actually use the suite capability. This time, when requested, they brought it to me...plastic plates and cutlery.

I recommend this hotel to anyone I know going to NYC and would definitely use it again...location and space is prime!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are great, but the ones on the other side are bigger. Depends on how much time yo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jdglek
Reviewed 9 March 2012

The location could not be better (unless you dislike the hustle and bustle of NYC)!
I like that the lobby isn't right off the street. The rooms are very comfortable and stylish. We are HH Gold members, so our breakfast was included, a real plus, since it is quite expensive (about $30 each, plus gratuity) but it is cooked to order/buffet style. The staff is very helpful and attentive (we especially enjoyed the bartender he was super friendly and remembered our names (we stayed 3 nights).
You can walk to most theaters and the subway is near by to get you anywhere you want.
Will be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the high floor. Corner suites have more views of Time Square as well as Central Park
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank YaniQ
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear YaniQ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your interaction with our bartender was pleasant. I would appreciate if you can provide more information, so we can commend our bartender and share your experience with the team. We deeply appreciate your business with us. I sincerely hope you will stay with us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Brian Choi
Operations Manager

Reviewed 9 March 2012

The doubletree guest suites in Times Square is amazing, we booked a premium king sized suite and we were not dissapointed. The room was on the 40th floor and looked down in to times square and beyond. The staff were all friendly and the rooms nice and clean and the bed huge and very comfortable. Whilst we didn't use the bars, restaurants or fitness centre I would have no hesitation in booking this hotel again. You are right in the heart of all the action but the better bars and restaurants are found on the side streets in my opinion. It is handy having a fridge in the room so that you can get stocked up on beers wine etc to enjoy before you head out.

Room Tip: The premium suites are all on the higher floors so you get a good view, I booked the room through an...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank messypete
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed here and loved the fact they have a section blocked off for the guests. You can drink and eat in the hotel and then right before the ball drops, get escorted down to the viewing area. This is one of the closest roped off areas in Times Square. The rooms are descent and the food is good. Some of the stars stay in this hotel because of its 1ish block proximity to the ball drop.

Room Tip: Any you can get this time of year!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I took an adults only trip with my sisters and parents just before X-Mas! The location was perfect! Its X-Mas in NYC, so it wouldn't be right w/o the lights. The hotel was clean & classy. 1bdrm suite was very spacious w/ safe, microwave and mini-fridge. Beds were great and the Wolfgang Puck single cup coffee maker was quite convenient. The complimentary cookies everyday only made it sweeter. As Hilton Honors we had a free breakfast buffet....which was great. Loved the splash of Grand Marnier on the French Toast. The hotel was smack dab in the middle of Times Square but you couldn't here a peep of outside noise in the room. The hotel is right next to everything... shows, restaurants, shopping, and few blocks from the Rockefeller Center (STAY AWAY from the disgusting TGIFriday's in Times Square). Everyone in the hotel was really nice. Lady at Concierge desk needs another job, but we ignored her attitude, everyone else was really nice. Also felt safe here as lobby is not at street level and the Doormen and Security asked for room keys upon entering hotel. Looking forward to going back in April!

Room Tip: 1 bdrm suite is spacious
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear sagen,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our SALT survey. I’m really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. However, I’m concerned that your interaction with our concierge staff was not pleasant. We always strive to provide the perfect service to our guests. I would really appreciate if you can provide more information on your stay, so we can address the issue and continue to improve our service. We look forward to welcoming you back at DoubleTree Times Square!

Kind Regards,

Brian Choi
Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I stayed here based on reviews of this hotel because this was my first trip to NY. The location was excellent (in the heart of Times Square) and so close to many of the attractions we wanted to see. The room was good size, very clean (and I am very picky) and the staff was excellent. I loved this place so much that we are planning our second trip to NY in a couple of months and have already booked our room here. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: I would choose a room with a Times Square view. It was worth the extra money. Plus you are so high u...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple