We stayed at Doubletree Times Sq for 4 nights & we booked it for its central location & that it’s geared towards families. In our party we had 3 ‘seniors’ myself & my new husband (we got married on our trip to NYC) & our son, 21 months old.
We booked 2 suites & we were given 2 rooms next door to each other with an interconnecting door, perfect! Our son thought it was the best thing ever, he was able to run around from one to the other to his heart’s content. We requested a travel cot/crib & that was duly delivered a few minutes after we got into the room.
We heard no noise from Times Sq at all, but we were on the 25th floor, lovely views too
I do like my bed & if you’ve read my other review for our stay in Iceland I said that those beds where comfortable, but these where so comfortable & extremely hard to get out of!
Each suite has a small kitchen area with a sink, fridge (god send with a baby/toddler) & microwave & even kitchen roll (another god send)
The bathrooms were extremely clean & towels, hot water plentiful. The whole décor was excellent & all soft furnishings where in excellent clean condition too.
I cannot comment on the food as we didn’t eat breakfast there, but we eat in gingers restaurant on our first evening & it was good food & good service.
Overall, a fantastic family orientated hotel with free wifi in the lobby! Oh & those warm chocolate cookies at check in, yummy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Hotel New York City