This hotel was perfect for our trip to NYC. The suite was large enough to accommodate three of us. We were on a high floor and could not hear a thing despite being in the middle of Times Square - the sound insulation was excellent. The drapes were very heavy, so kept the bright lights out at night as well. The hotel was an oasis from the hustle and bustle of Times Square. We were able to walk to all of the attractions, shows and shops on Fifth Avenue as well as nearby restaurants. Although I travel to NYC frequently on business and we used to live there years ago, this was a rare visit at tourists and this turned out to be an excellent base for our visit. The staff were very courteous and helpful. The breakfast was a bit run of the mill, but then you cannot have everything.
My only issue was that I tried to extend my stay by arriving a day ahead. The room we had booked was a bit more expensive, which I was willing to pay. However, I was told we would have to pay the higher rate for our entire stay, not just for the extra day. That was bizarre. So we ended up keeping our original reservation at the lower rate and spent the extra day elsewhere - that was a bit of an inconvenience but the other hotel was very good as well, so it worked out well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Hotel New York City