“First trip to NYC ***Awesome***”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Ranked #178 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Prattville
“First trip to NYC ***Awesome***”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I rarely rate reviews, but I visited NYC was my birthday gift. I read the reviews on this hotel like a million times. I am SO glad I picked the Doubletree. From the moment the taxi dropped us off at this hotel, I new I made the right decision. We got an earlier flight so we got there early. It wasn't an issue with early checkin. The hotel is literally in the middle of Times Square. Everything I saw on tv with the lights and all the people this hotel is in the center of it. It is very safe as well. You check in on the 3rd floor so once you walk in, there is always hotel security (doorman) and you take the elevator up and then from there you get a another elevator for the suites. The rooms are HUGE. The beds are comfortable. I read a review saying to ask for a top floor room. Well we got the top, 43rd floor. I didn't hear not one taxi cab hunking the horns or anything. Once you look at the window you can see all the night life from your room. The breakfast is DELICIOUS. The best I've ever had a hotel. We got the buffet. Pancakes and omelets were cooked to order. The rooms were very clean and I am VERY particular where I stay. Everything is seriously within walking distance from this hotel. I am visiting NYC again later this year and I've already booked again at this Doubletree!! Oh yeah, they give out hot fresh chocolate cookies at the desk. They are great. My boyfriend was sneaking down in the middle of the night to ask for them :-)

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. I was in room 4309 if that helps and I didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kourtney S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,555)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hampton Georgia
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We booked the Dounletree Guest Suites in Times Square for our long weekend June 10-13, 2011. We flew in early and were dropped off at the DGS by 10:30. We left our stuff with the bellman and hit the ground running. We returned about 3:00 and were given a great corner room - Times Square view - in two directions. It was next to the elevators BUT we never heard a sound from the hallway. House keeping kept it spotless. It was great being in that location - easy to run in and out as we ran from one end of the island to the other. Also it was good because we were traveling with a daughter and she had the living room sofa bed (nicer than a typical sofa bed) and we had a King in "our bedroom". We will probably stay their again - especially if have a child with us.

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade $ for a million dollar view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 4thgraderules
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed here in April and loved the hotel, so we returned at Christmas and were given a room on the 41st floor with brilliant views of the city!!
Amazing hotel, can't fault it!! Hope to stay again soon!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank IHearttNewYorkCity
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is a great location if you are visiting New York for pleasure...it is in the heart of Times Square. The rooms are comfortable (I had a corner suite with a great view of times square). The property is pretty dated and needd a major overhaul (the hall is dim, the rooms are, the furniture and bedding need to be replaced). The hotel has a great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RondaJS
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear RondaJS,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel. I Hope you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m sorry to hear that you were not overly satisfied with our accommodations. We are currently planning to update our rooms in coming years. I would appreciate if you can provide more information on your stay and any suggestions. We deeply value every guest’s opinion as we always continue to improve our service. We sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again next time you come to NYC.

Kind Regards,

Brian Choi
Operations Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This hotel was perfect for our trip to NYC. The suite was large enough to accommodate three of us. We were on a high floor and could not hear a thing despite being in the middle of Times Square - the sound insulation was excellent. The drapes were very heavy, so kept the bright lights out at night as well. The hotel was an oasis from the hustle and bustle of Times Square. We were able to walk to all of the attractions, shows and shops on Fifth Avenue as well as nearby restaurants. Although I travel to NYC frequently on business and we used to live there years ago, this was a rare visit at tourists and this turned out to be an excellent base for our visit. The staff were very courteous and helpful. The breakfast was a bit run of the mill, but then you cannot have everything.

My only issue was that I tried to extend my stay by arriving a day ahead. The room we had booked was a bit more expensive, which I was willing to pay. However, I was told we would have to pay the higher rate for our entire stay, not just for the extra day. That was bizarre. So we ended up keeping our original reservation at the lower rate and spent the extra day elsewhere - that was a bit of an inconvenience but the other hotel was very good as well, so it worked out well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Narasee
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The only suite hotel on Times Square, this is the perfect spot for a group to enjoy a weekend in NY. The Living Room/Bedroom suite combination is great for a family or group of friends, has all the amenities, refrigerator, mini bar, microwave, huge bathroom, and terrific views. Pull out sofa adequate, not the best. Buffet breakfast is excellent, room service, too. Entrance right off Times Square opposite Tkts red steps, great spot to enjoy the noise and crowds and then escape to peace and quiet. Service is good, concierge helpful, and bag check a great idea to stretch out your NY stay. Only complaint - lobby level coffee/bar needs to serve coffee all day long, this is the city that never sleeps!!

Room Tip: Low numbers look straight down on Times Square and Tkts Red steps - 01 or 02s. Odd numbers face Tim...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
nashville
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We stayed there when we were in NYC on our way to India you have to love a hotel that greets you with a chocolate chip cookiee and you go out front door and in Time Square the rooms were comfortable and roomy we had breakfast which was great we truly enjoyed our stay but if you can afford to aleast one night stay here

• Stayed September 2011