“Good hotel good location very clean but......”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Ranked #179 of 466 Hotels in New York City
“Good hotel good location very clean but......”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the doubletree suites very clean nice hotel very friendly staff only negative thing about the trip was getting my food processor stolen out my room. Now I don't know if the maids mistaken the bag for trash which I highly doubt but when I return to my room on my last night stay the processor was gone otherwise good hotel

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Leannisastar
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Leannisastar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm really sorry to hear that your food processor was missing from your room. I would really appreciate if you can provide more information on your stay, so we can investigate and address the issue. Thank you for staying with us. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,553)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
nj
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice over the past few years. I must say each time we had wonderful service and a wonderful room. The staff is wonderful and caring and even the guy selling time shares was nice to chat with. He didn't push us into anything, just had a great conversation with him while I was waiting for my husband. We had a TS room with a view that couldn't be beat. Can't wait to go again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
new orleans
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Woken up this morning by the melody of jackmammers resounding throughout my room. Was asked by management:
" You were not informed"?
Well, no, I was not. Would I have stayed at this
expensive Times Square hotel if I had?? No, I would have stayed in a different expensive Times Square hotel
that was jackhammer free. Management did inform me that they "thought that some renovation was going on on the sixth floor".I am on the 8th.
Buyer beware. Alas, I have another morning to endure.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank msreuscher
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear msreuscher,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay and lack of communication. Our 6th floor meeting rooms are currently under renovation, the level of noise you have experience will not be heard throughout the renovation period.

We deeply appreciate your business with us, and we want to restore your confidence. We sincerely hope you will consider staying with us next time you come to NYC.

Prattville
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I rarely rate reviews, but I visited NYC was my birthday gift. I read the reviews on this hotel like a million times. I am SO glad I picked the Doubletree. From the moment the taxi dropped us off at this hotel, I new I made the right decision. We got an earlier flight so we got there early. It wasn't an issue with early checkin. The hotel is literally in the middle of Times Square. Everything I saw on tv with the lights and all the people this hotel is in the center of it. It is very safe as well. You check in on the 3rd floor so once you walk in, there is always hotel security (doorman) and you take the elevator up and then from there you get a another elevator for the suites. The rooms are HUGE. The beds are comfortable. I read a review saying to ask for a top floor room. Well we got the top, 43rd floor. I didn't hear not one taxi cab hunking the horns or anything. Once you look at the window you can see all the night life from your room. The breakfast is DELICIOUS. The best I've ever had a hotel. We got the buffet. Pancakes and omelets were cooked to order. The rooms were very clean and I am VERY particular where I stay. Everything is seriously within walking distance from this hotel. I am visiting NYC again later this year and I've already booked again at this Doubletree!! Oh yeah, they give out hot fresh chocolate cookies at the desk. They are great. My boyfriend was sneaking down in the middle of the night to ask for them :-)

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. I was in room 4309 if that helps and I didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kourtney S
Hampton Georgia
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We booked the Dounletree Guest Suites in Times Square for our long weekend June 10-13, 2011. We flew in early and were dropped off at the DGS by 10:30. We left our stuff with the bellman and hit the ground running. We returned about 3:00 and were given a great corner room - Times Square view - in two directions. It was next to the elevators BUT we never heard a sound from the hallway. House keeping kept it spotless. It was great being in that location - easy to run in and out as we ran from one end of the island to the other. Also it was good because we were traveling with a daughter and she had the living room sofa bed (nicer than a typical sofa bed) and we had a King in "our bedroom". We will probably stay their again - especially if have a child with us.

Room Tip: Worth the upgrade $ for a million dollar view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 4thgraderules
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed here in April and loved the hotel, so we returned at Christmas and were given a room on the 41st floor with brilliant views of the city!!
Amazing hotel, can't fault it!! Hope to stay again soon!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank IHearttNewYorkCity
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

This is a great location if you are visiting New York for pleasure...it is in the heart of Times Square. The rooms are comfortable (I had a corner suite with a great view of times square). The property is pretty dated and needd a major overhaul (the hall is dim, the rooms are, the furniture and bedding need to be replaced). The hotel has a great breakfast buffet.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RondaJS
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear RondaJS,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel. I Hope you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m sorry to hear that you were not overly satisfied with our accommodations. We are currently planning to update our rooms in coming years. I would appreciate if you can provide more information on your stay and any suggestions. We deeply value every guest’s opinion as we always continue to improve our service. We sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again next time you come to NYC.