Double Tree Guest Suites, Times Square, New York
The Double Tree Guest Suites is a great hotel if you can stand living in the center of the melting tourist pot Times Square. It's no joke, Times Square can sometimes be so crowded that you feel like you're at a Justin Bieber concert. Since they've closed Broadway for cars on Times Square, it attracks even more people. The Double Tree Guest Suites is situated on the other side of the Times Square clock, and the be more presise I think this end is called Duffy Square.
Be aware that the neon lights are so powerful that solid curtains are needed, if your room face Times Square. The neon lights never rests, but you need some from now and then, becauses the impressions of this great city will wear you out.
The Double Tree Guest Suites is a clean hotel, it's an "only suites" hotel, meaning you probably have good space even if you travel as a family of 4. All the rooms are spacious.
The hallway has a lot of dead space, so I guess you can ad a singlebed in the hallway if needed. The room door is well secured, not that I think this is needed. The room har has 3 locks, but in general I think the hotel seems safe without all the locks.
New York has become very tourist friendly and safety has been an prioritized issue. New York, Manhattan is by my opinion far more safe then lots of European cities, including Oslo, Norway.
The wardrobe/closet is separated with a door. Inside it you'll find a huge safe. It's huge, almost like a small refridgerator, or like the refridgerators you can store wine in. The size is great, you can fit all your valuables in here and then some at the same time, this including photo gear with big lenses (500mm), jewelry, laptops, yes I think everything fits in the safe.
The livingroom has good space too. It contains a sofa and coffee table, a desk, a drawer, big flat LG screen (42") with the most common HD channels for free.
The bedroom has a comfy bed, we had a queen size. There are a drawer on each side of the bed and there is a bigger drawer in the front of the bed against the wall with another 42" flatscreen tv.
The bathroom is also huge. It has everything including a bath tub.
The only negative thing about this hotel is the lack of free Wi-Fi at your room. To access the free Wi-Fi, you must drag yourself down to the lobby and connect there for free. In 2012 I feel the need to leave the room to connect to free Wi-Fi for un-practical.
This was my second time at this hotel. But you should review the needs for a Times Square view. Previously I've had view facing Central Park, and without the blending Neon lights, I think this is a good choice to select. If you want a great view, visit "the Rock" or "the Empire State Building".
- Shopping: Century 21 is the best place to do bargins. By my opinion, it beats Woodbury's Premium Outlets (which also would cost per person about USD 42 in bus tickets).
- Shopping: Macy's. Never wrong to pay this place a visit. It's more expensive then Century 21. But the selection is huge!
- Eating: Quality Meats. The restaurant close to 7th avenue and 58 street is a bit expensive restaurant. But the service is unique and the food is very good.
- Eating: The burger joint on Le Meridien Parker Hotel. Behind some hideous curtains in the hotel lobby, you'll find The Burger Joint. This place is ultra hip! Try the "works".
- Sights: Central Park is a must!
- When to travel: Avoid the summer months! It's too hot! In March/April when spring sets in, then the time is perfect. Less tourists and blooming trees are spectacular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. The hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Hotel New York City