8,838 results
All reviews times square double tree warm cookies great location new york living room tkts booth wet bar pull out sofa third floor corner suite large bathroom street level concierge desk can't beat the location room key central park
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I travel frequently for business and stay at many different hotel chains. I had recently begun to shy away from Hilton properties to see what other Hotels had to offer. However, I will be back to Hilton properties as my go-to hotel chain after my excellent stay in New York in January.

Although the lobby construction was not the most convenient, the location was great for the cost and the staff was above and beyond excellent during my stay. When we arrived in our room we even had a complimentary bottle of champagne waiting for my girlfriend and I for our anniversary! When you take service to that next level and add that finishing touch like this, it really sets the trip off right.

And because of going that extra mile, I will continue to use Hilton properties for business and personal travel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JRS30
rshafidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear JRS30,

Thank you so much for choosing us on your last visit to Manhattan! We are delighted that we (Hilton) convinced you back to our bands! Our mission is to entice all of our guests! When we find out about happenings in our guest's lives we try to make it as memorable as possible. We are proud with your success! Please do pardon our upgrades, which are due to end soon! Please come back for your next event as we would like to make memorable! :). Thank you for sharing your experience and thank you for your 5 star rating!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

You can't beat this location. We also loved staying in a suite and having the convenience of a living room. That way one of us could watch TV in the other room without waking up the other person. What a nice touch to give out chocolate chip cookies! They are incredible!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Denise L,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your previous visit to Times Square! We are so happy that you were happy with your stay and convenience! Yes, the cookies are incredible! Please do come back! The cookies awaits you! Thank you for your review and your 4 star rating!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is in a great location, and is good for both families and business travellers. Breakfast is served in the hotel restaurant, and there is a good selection of continental through to cooked breakfasts and made to order pancakes and waffles etc. The rooms are all comfortably furnished, and general amenities are provided with fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc. The location is central, in times square. You get a nice view from all floors. Overall a nice hotel. Be aware renovations are going on that can give public areas a temporary feel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor away from the elevators. A room facing south faces onto times square.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Scott B,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your last trip to Manhattan! We are so happy that you had an overall great stay with us! Thank you for your detailed review! Please do pardon us for the renovations! While this is temporary, it is necessary to enhance our guests' experience! We do so hope that you come back soon to experience our new lobby first hand! Thank you for your 4 star rating!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Other than the lobby construction and elevator problems from the ground to the lobby, this hotel was an excellent value and location for a few days in NYC. Our room, up on 38, had spectacular views of Times Square--and the M & M video billboard with Ms. Green making googley eyes up at my husband and everything! The room was enormous with plenty of space for a family with a microwave and mini fridge for quick meals and snacks. Self parking was a breeze once we figured out where it was. We did decide to drop our car and drag our bags the block to the hotel because the traffic--aided by the lack of snow removal--was a nightmare. It was easier upon checkout when my husband could get the car and then come get me and the bags without going around the block. Dragging the bags was worth the $15 a day savings over valet. Since we are Hhonors gold members, breakfast was included. The buffet was lovely with omelets to order and a nice selection of other breakfast foods. Because of the construction, there wasn't much to see in the lobby so I look forward to our next visit when it is completed. The location of the hotel is terrific. Lots to walk around and see in Times Square, a quick subway trip from anywhere and of course cabs are plentiful. This is my new go to hotel in NYC whenever we visit!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel R,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your last visit to Manhattan! We are so delighted that you had a great stay! Thank you for your nice comments! We hope to see you soon! Our lobby would be amazing! Thank you for your 4 star rating!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

When checking into hotel we were told we had comp breakfast but were charged 100 bucks. $25 per child that ate nothing. If I am going to eat breakfast there (a basic smorgasbord of bad food) I would have at least ordered my children's food off of the kids menu not an adult buffet at $25.

Then the front desk didn't enter our credit card info (expiration date) correctly and treated me like a common criminal by locking me out of my room. The 2 excuses were that the card expiration date wasnt entered correctly and it didn't swipe correctly???? Wouldn't this be a red flag right away???at check in? Who does this?.

Then after all my haggling I ask to speak with a manager and out came David Berliner. He came to with as a trained to be --- I ask his name he said "David, I'm sitting right next to you don't you see me" . Nice answer, I'm sure they teach that at the best management schools. He just didn't realize I recorded him and will post it on YouTube to represent his conduct.

I think this corporation has spent more money on how to sqeeze a buck out of people than to really be hospitable or focus on training to be. I will spend and tip graciously when credit is due.

I have his managers name and his managers mangers managers managers name and tripadvisor to share this very unfortunate but real story.

Otherwise, I love coming to New York, but would not reccomend this hotel. It's got construction going on and staff is showing signs that they are not happy withnn their work environment .

Room Tip: Check for hidden cost. They try to get you to buy a condo time share at another property and promise a gift?
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Patricia S,

Thank you for being our guest on your last stay in Times Square! We are truly so sorry about your experience with us! Our manager on duty is always available to assist in the best way that we can possibly. It seems that some things fell through the cracks. We want you to know that we care. Please pardon us as we make upgrades to enhance and entice our guests’ experience! We ask that you give us another chance to show you our real service! Please make contact with us at rshafi@dtnyc.com. Thank you again for being our guest and thank you for your feedback!