8,847 results
All reviews times square double tree warm cookies great location new york living room tkts booth wet bar pull out sofa third floor corner suite large bathroom street level concierge desk can't beat the location room key central park
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is in a great location, and is good for both families and business travellers. Breakfast is served in the hotel restaurant, and there is a good selection of continental through to cooked breakfasts and made to order pancakes and waffles etc. The rooms are all comfortably furnished, and general amenities are provided with fridge, microwave, coffee maker etc. The location is central, in times square. You get a nice view from all floors. Overall a nice hotel. Be aware renovations are going on that can give public areas a temporary feel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor away from the elevators. A room facing south faces onto times square.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
rshafidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Scott B,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your last trip to Manhattan! We are so happy that you had an overall great stay with us! Thank you for your detailed review! Please do pardon us for the renovations! While this is temporary, it is necessary to enhance our guests' experience! We do so hope that you come back soon to experience our new lobby first hand! Thank you for your 4 star rating!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Other than the lobby construction and elevator problems from the ground to the lobby, this hotel was an excellent value and location for a few days in NYC. Our room, up on 38, had spectacular views of Times Square--and the M & M video billboard with Ms. Green making googley eyes up at my husband and everything! The room was enormous with plenty of space for a family with a microwave and mini fridge for quick meals and snacks. Self parking was a breeze once we figured out where it was. We did decide to drop our car and drag our bags the block to the hotel because the traffic--aided by the lack of snow removal--was a nightmare. It was easier upon checkout when my husband could get the car and then come get me and the bags without going around the block. Dragging the bags was worth the $15 a day savings over valet. Since we are Hhonors gold members, breakfast was included. The buffet was lovely with omelets to order and a nice selection of other breakfast foods. Because of the construction, there wasn't much to see in the lobby so I look forward to our next visit when it is completed. The location of the hotel is terrific. Lots to walk around and see in Times Square, a quick subway trip from anywhere and of course cabs are plentiful. This is my new go to hotel in NYC whenever we visit!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel R,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your last visit to Manhattan! We are so delighted that you had a great stay! Thank you for your nice comments! We hope to see you soon! Our lobby would be amazing! Thank you for your 4 star rating!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

When checking into hotel we were told we had comp breakfast but were charged 100 bucks. $25 per child that ate nothing. If I am going to eat breakfast there (a basic smorgasbord of bad food) I would have at least ordered my children's food off of the kids menu not an adult buffet at $25.

Then the front desk didn't enter our credit card info (expiration date) correctly and treated me like a common criminal by locking me out of my room. The 2 excuses were that the card expiration date wasnt entered correctly and it didn't swipe correctly???? Wouldn't this be a red flag right away???at check in? Who does this?.

Then after all my haggling I ask to speak with a manager and out came David Berliner. He came to with as a trained to be --- I ask his name he said "David, I'm sitting right next to you don't you see me" . Nice answer, I'm sure they teach that at the best management schools. He just didn't realize I recorded him and will post it on YouTube to represent his conduct.

I think this corporation has spent more money on how to sqeeze a buck out of people than to really be hospitable or focus on training to be. I will spend and tip graciously when credit is due.

I have his managers name and his managers mangers managers managers name and tripadvisor to share this very unfortunate but real story.

Otherwise, I love coming to New York, but would not reccomend this hotel. It's got construction going on and staff is showing signs that they are not happy withnn their work environment .

Room Tip: Check for hidden cost. They try to get you to buy a condo time share at another property and promise a gift?

Dear Patricia S,

Thank you for being our guest on your last stay in Times Square! We are truly so sorry about your experience with us! Our manager on duty is always available to assist in the best way that we can possibly. It seems that some things fell through the cracks. We want you to know that we care. Please pardon us as we make upgrades to enhance and entice our guests’ experience! We ask that you give us another chance to show you our real service! Please make contact with us at rshafi@dtnyc.com. Thank you again for being our guest and thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here for almost a week and even though work was being carried out inside it didn't interfere with our stay. Subway next door. Suite was lovely and Lucas who looked after our room was great, she should be promoted! Breakfast good. Only downside was Super Bowl was on Sunday night and drunks were in rooms next door and came in shouting and swearing at 4 a.m. I was surprised the night staff let them in as they were so drunk, they must have noticed the state they were in. Would stay here again at the right price.

Room Tip: Stayed on 28th floor, would ask for that again as Lucas was so helpful and friendly.

Dear ChrisM2117,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your last trip to Times Square! We are so happy that you had a good stay! Sorry about the Super, Super Bowl Fans! We are so happy about Lucas being prompt! We hope to see you again soon! Our lobby should be done shortly! Thank you for your review and your 4 star rating!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Location, Location, Location - This place is amazing centre to Times Square anything you want to do this is the place to stay walk out the front door and you are starring at discounted tickets for broadway shows MM world to your right and broadway theatres to your left.
This is a perfect place to stay if you plan shopping on Times Square - The rooms were a little outdated and Need some work and would be nice if there was free WIFi in room like other Doubletrees but this Hotel still did not disappoint - Thank you

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Adam_Merritt,

Thank you for staying with us on your last stay with us on your last stay in New York City! Thank you for your detailed review!!! We are so happy that everything is centrally located. We will be refreshing our rooms. Our upgrades should be completed soon in the lobby! Please come back! Thank you for your 4 star rating!!!