“Great location, very clean rooms and friendly staff!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
Ranked #186 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel from the 11th -16th January. We booked a queen bed standard suite, when we arrived we were upgraded to two double bed suite situated on the 38th floor which had amazing views of Times Square.
The rooms were large for a city centre hotel. They were cleaned everyday and the rooms were quiet considering the location.
The chocolate chip cookie on arrival was very kind. We used the free wi-fi in the hotel lobby everyday.
The staff were very friendly and helped recommend places to visit/eat when we asked.
I would definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (8,415)

Reviewed 21 January 2011

I am back in New York City at the Doubletree Guest Suites in Times Square. I love New York and its great to be back. I have stayed here many times and will continue to return.

This place is all about location. Its right in Times Square. If you are a subway person the entrance is right next to the hotel front door. If you are a taxi person there is plenty around here.

The rooms are large for NYC and quiet. Once again everything is clean, working and nothing to complain about.

The TKTS discount theatre office is directly across the street. Carmine’s restaurant and Virgil’s barbeque are less than 5 minute walk.

This time I found the gym and its small but well equipped. Apparently they don’t have a pool here. I never use these as I always walk a lot when in NYC.

I also found the restaurant for the breakfast buffet. It was fine, but pricey. They don’t have an executive lounge at this hotel.

What I like:
Location, rooms, fast check in, video check out, helpful staff

What I don’t like:
There is only one concierge and they close early.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2011

This hotel has one of the best locations at Times Square. I just love it. We've stayed there for two years in a row and will stay there again and again. The parking garage is right around the corner. The service is great specially Daniel. He is at the front desk and one of the reasons we returned and will return to this hotel. He always receives us with a warm welcome & warm cookies. Knows the are so well that you can ask him for hints. Room is in excelent conditions and clean, the door man very helpfull & great personality. Is a beautiful hotel. The tickets for broadway are sold right in front. I traveled with my husband and daughter (she is a teen) and she loves it. They have the M&M store, Forvever 21, Hersheys everything near. For couples couldn't be best is very romantic.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2011

We travel to NYC, a couple of times a year. My husband and I usually take a group of friends or family which might consist of ten people. We plan the trips at least six months in advance and receive great savings this way (since it can be extremely expensive). After staying at a very old hotel on Eighth street with unbelievable small and uncomfortable bedrooms, we didn't know if we would ever visit NYC again. When we found the Doubletree Guest Hotel website we knew our search was over; the hotel was beyond our wildest expectations. The rooms are large and tastefully decorated and comfortable - all rooms are suites, consisting of a living room and a bedroom. Televisions in both rooms, large windows to watch the city go by and the (very clean) bathrooms appear to be as large as some hotel rooms in NYC. When you enter the beautiful lobby the aroma of Chocolate chip cookies hits you right in the nose. Yes, you're given scrumptous chocolate chip cookies! The hotel personnel has always been helpful and traveling with ten people there is always someone needing help, information, etc. But I don't think I would want to stay here during the parades because of the crowding at the street level. It would be impossible to get in or out of this particular hotel. Yet it is the most perfect vantage point to see a parade from these enormous hotel windows. I suppose I could stay in my room and eat chocolate chip cookies and watch balloon floats at eye level!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2011

When you go to NYC you go to see NYC not to enjoy the hotel. This hotel has an amazing location. The hotel is all updated since I stayed here a few years ago.
The staff is in the backgroung and not a big part of a NYC vacation. We used the conciere. We got our Spiderman tickets the day we arrived. First quoted $390 for each seat. When we decided not to purchase at such a high price we got a new price of $240 ea.
I dont know if the conciere was in on this or not -it did not appear that they were. But the Spiderman show was amazing. And we expected to pay more since we waited till the last minute for tickets. The highlight of our trip.
If you want a clean no hassle great location stay here. If you are looking to be waited on NYC hotels are probably not what you are looking for.
The room is huge with separate bedroom. Large bathroom with extra sink and counter in main room. We had 5 girls in the same room. Plenty of room.
Clean, good maid service. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Just a big kudos to the hotel - wonderful staff and location!! I recently have been traveling to the area and am certainly happy I joined the Hilton Family of brands- Doubletree Rocks!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2011

It's a shame that some good people in the hotel staff are overshadowed by quite a number of rude and insolent ones. I have stayed in hotels all over the world and lived in NYC for a few years so I believe I know the minimum courtesy to expect from front desk ,concierge and bell staff. The (bad) people here do not even meet this minimum standard and they almost give the impression they came off the street in Times Square and are out to scam you.

To top it all, when I tried to complain to the manager about a suspicious item that "mysteriously" appeared on my bill, there was nobody to talk to since "all the managers were in a meeting for most of the day." If you want to stay in Times Square area, there are a lot of other better and SAFER choices where you won't get hustled. This hotel seems to have changed ownership recently and there has been a sequence of general managers. It is possible all this transitioning has produced a bad culture and some bad apples in the staff.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jasturias
etandtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2011

Dear jasturias,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. Our management and staff always put guests first and have always strived to provide a perfect “10” experience for all our guests. I’m very sad to hear that you did not experience this during your stay especially with regards to our front desk, concierge, and bell staff.

I would love the opportunity to discuss your issues in more detail so that we can address the staff concerned and improve our service in the future. While I know you have many choices for hotels in NYC, I sincerely hope you will consider us again in the future. We can and will, definitely do better. We would love the opportunity to prove that to you.

Earl Tanmantiong