“Don't stay here! Horrible and unclean, there was pubic hair on bathroom floor. Wall unit air conditioner is loud.”
Review of Park Savoy

Park Savoy
Ranked #437 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was the worst experience I've had staying anywhere, even in the ghetto in a foreign country. This place is so gross. Couldn't sleep at all and couldn't get refund. There are so many noises, due to their crappy wall unit air conditioner from the 1950s. It's an old, smelly and disgusting place to stay. Nothing was clean and I hope you don't make the mistake of coming here.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Sls2400

Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you are looking for a simple place to sleep as you explore New York City this is it. You are going to be hard pressed to find a better deal AND be on the south side of the city. As many of the reviews have already indicated, the room is very small. But for just the two of us, we made it work. And, the room was clean!

The free breakfast being offered appeared to simply be bagels and were provided at the neighboring pizza shop. We skipped the breakfast as the shop wasn't opened as we ventured out in early in the morning.

Would we stay at Park Savoy again? Assuming we get a similar price of about $150 / night, absolutely!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DSpeckleback
Reviewed 1 June 2014

When I write a review it's always with consideration to the price I paid. For $145 a night including breakfast in Central Park South I can't imagine one could do better than the Park Savoy. I think the bad reviews for this hotel come from people with unrealistic expectations or those completely unfamiliar with what New York City costs.

I stayed there for three nights over Memorial Day weekend and I have no complaints at all.

Staff was good, not overly friendly, but professional. I was able to check my bag on the morning I arrived and come back at check-in time to get my room. The cleaning staff was always willing to provide anything I asked for. On my last day I booked a fixed rate taxi to the airport in the early morning and it was there as promised at 5:30am. I have no complaints at all about the staff, they did their job. That's it.

Room was clean and small with no view. It had a double bed, small desk and small bathroom. That's it. It was a little tired and yes, it needs new carpet but everything was squeaky clean so I didn't mind. I just needed a place to shower and sleep. That's it.

I slept fairly well. Sure, there were occasional noises, it's the heart of the city, it's to be expected. If you are very sensitive to noise, you may need ear plugs. That's it.

The location is perfect, one block from Central Park, a few blocks from the Broadway shows and close to the subway and many wonderful places to eat. If you want an amazing location with a good price...that's it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank designerd0212
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I spent 2 nights recently at the Park Savoy and had a very good experience. Rooms are tired and basic but for $150 a night in the middle of Manhattan an absolute bargain. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room clean and quiet. As a lone female traveller I felt very safe and will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank lLittleMsWanderer
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked a room on 5/14/14 and received a cancellation notice via email 4 hours later. After calling the hotel and waiting 20 mins for someone to pick up I was told "no rooms available" and hung up on.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisR7122IH
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here May 7-10 with a friend for the NFL Draft. Most of what my fellow travelers wrote is true. The rooms are very small, the elevator is slow(we were on the 7th floor), the place isn't brand new and the construction in the area is loud early mornings. If a $500/night room is more to your liking Marriott Essex House is across the street. But for no frills, great location, a clean room, friendly staff and a great price by Manhattan standards, this place more than fits the bill. Some of us can't always afford the bigger more expensive places and I prefer to spend my money on doing things in NYC. This is by no means a rat trap or a roach motel, its basic lodging for $120/night. Some hotels at that price dont have private bathrooms. Read the other reviews too and take it all with an open mind. Dont expect champagne taste on a beer budget and this place should do fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank foot5841
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at the Park Savoy Hotel 2 - 4 May 2014. Room 414. Room was small but we expected that. The bed was comfortable but had some noisy springs. The shower takes quite a long time to get hot but it does get hot. Bathroom was clean. TV was a small flat screen but it worked well. The carpet is old. We did have a good size closet for such a small room. Staff was friendly. There is nothing else at this hotel other than the room. There is a bar on one side of the hotel and a pizza take out place on the other side. Right down the block is a pretty good size liquor store.
So the most important thing is location. This hotel is one block from central park, just a couple blocks from times square, carnegie hall, 5th avenue, subways, and dozens of great restaurants. Based on the very low price for a hotel in midtown Manhattan, the Park Savoy is a very good hotel if you a just looking for a place to shower and sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple