Pod 51 Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$217
US$198
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
US$168
US$138
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$255
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$386
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
5,146 results
All reviewsshared bathroombunk bed roompickwick armsprivate bathrooms are smallnew yorkess a bagelroof terracebudget hotelaround the cornertimes squareplace to sleepsmall desksubway stationcentral parkflat screen tvlocation is great
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This is the second time i stay in this hotel. Location is very convenient to subway. Price is resaonable. Room design with style and is clean. Only things is that the room is quite small, don't really have a spot to stand when my luggage is open.

1  Thank Alice C
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We spent the night in NY before my daughter left out of JFK for 3 weeks in Europe and wanted a place that was reasonable in price and great on location. We found the POD on 51st and even though I have never stayed in a place without a bathroom I gave it a try. Check in was quick and easy and they give you a ticket for a free drink in the bar/restaurant next door at check in. We also made reservations with the bellman for a shuttle to JFK before we even left the lobby. Our room was at the end of the hall and upon entering I was a little surprised. There are bunk beds (of course I called the bottom bunk) which are a very nice size. Each area comes with a light and tv so it works well for those who want to get to sleep earlier than their roommate. Our small window did not look out onto anything but the shutters kept out anyone looking in. There is a small desk in the room and a sink with glasses provided. In looking back I am glad we were down the hall and away from the bathrooms because when I had to make a visit at 3am I was worried that I was making too much noise for those rooms right across. Might be convenient for them but I think the closing of the doors all night would keep my awake. The bathrooms were always available when we needed them - they were clean, showers appeared clean but after using the bathroom right after someone showered I have to say they were very humid and muggy. Size of rooms in NYC are very small and this is certainly no exception but it is functional and the beds were comfortable so no complaints from me. There is a small area in the lobby where you can purchase breakfast - a little pricey but again very convenient. This is not the usual area where we stay when visiting NYC as we usually like the mid town area but for the price I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the bathrooms unless you are one who needs to go frequently just for the noise factor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kk1152
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here for a Saturday night. While most hotels in Manhattan were $400+, this one was a great deal for just over $200. The room was small, but every hotel I've stayed in in Manhattan has small rooms. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean, looked a little like an airplane bathroom, but that went with the kitchy, modern theme of the hotel. The decor was very trendy everywhere. They had a cafe with outside deck where you could get a sit-down breakfast. There was a bar and restaurant attached to the lobby. There was a roof deck but I never made it up there. The service was great for the time we were there. They upgraded our room and gave us 2 free drinks for the bar. The location was also great. Short walk to Times Square and Central Park. Only a block from the subway. Lots of restaurants and bars right around the corner. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There was a cheaper option for shared bathrooms, but it was worth it to have the in-room bathroom. If you don't want the hallway bathroom, make sure you double check your booking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Niki L
Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We got a serious surprise when we opened the door to our room at Pod51 in New York and realized that Americans are hobbits.
The bed was 120 cm long and 190 wide.
Bedside tables and lamps for reading were placed correctly. But the bed was short.

Yes we realized that the staff turned the bed because it could not fit in any other position due to the size of this double (????) room.
So we winded up sleeping along the wall rather than from the wall. However the bed was not long enough so my head or feet winded up outside.

Nevertheless the place is good.
The breakfast is of good quality and depending on day, you get excellent service.
The wi-fi is working good in the lobby and if you are in the hallways near to the elevators.
If you are in the rooms - good luck.

The location is excellent if focus is midtown and excursions to north (Harlem) and south (Chelsea).

The service in terms of storage of bags and guidance for activities is handled by skilled persons. Plus very friendly as well.

I can absolutely recommend this hotel to all persons who are not as tall as I am and are prepared for sleeping very close in a 45 degrees off position.

Room Tip: Before booking - ask the sizes in cm of the beds. We booked a double room and got a bed of 120 cm. We expected 180. (That was the lenght we got)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple