Like that stylish glass gem shining in the jewelry counter at Walmart, it's the 'nicest thing in the case"...but you're at Walmart.
The Econolodge is a nice budget hotel. That means it isn't awful because you expect a nyc budget hotel to be terrible. It is clean. Everything works. The bed is comfortable. The internet was good enough to stream some TV (better late at night). The bathroom was free of scary things. The door locked. The maids cleaned. It was cheap...even cheaper with points which is how I paid.
If a friend put you up here you would 'unfriend them' tomorrow. It is the kind of place that you book for yourself...rather sell to yourself by saying things like "how much time will I spend in the room?" or "I do want to be close to Times Square". But really, there is NOTHING about the hotel that you would brag about and you won't be sharing photos of your "gem of a room" with your coworkers back home.
As Joan Rivers once said "the room was so small that when I put my key in the door, I broke the window". The desk is for a child, the toilet is for a child and the closet is for a doll. You can sit at the desk and reach back and remove things from the closet. You can rest your foot on the bed while you type on your laptop at the desk. You have to close the door to use the sink in the bathroom. Get the picture? You can't 'walk around the bed' as it is all but wedged into the room.
So, the hotel is safe and clean but you may want to cover your face as you leave so nobody gets a picture of you there. Get it?
Lastly, if you're a couple than it's better to be newlyweds. That way one person can sleep on top while the other gets the bottom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Econo Lodge Times Square Hotel in New York CityThe Econo Lodge® Times Square hotel is ideally located at 47th Street and 8th Avenue in the heart of New York City's Times Square. Imagine staying close to everything you want to do and see when visiting NYC! As our guest, you will have easy access to the city's most famous attractions, including the Broadway Theater District, Radio City Music Hall, Empire State Building, Central Park and esteemed Restaurant Row. You will be within walking distance of Rockefeller Center, Madison Square Garden, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center (Javits Center), Fifth Avenue shopping and more. Our location is unbeatable! Hotel features include free wireless high-speed Internet access and free continental breakfast. All of our guest rooms include flat-screen televisions with satellite programming including premium channels, safes, hair dryers and iPod docks. Take a look at our room types and choose the one that best suits your needs. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Econo Lodge Times Square hotel in New York City provides superior accommodations and affordable rates to everyone visiting the area. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econo Lodge Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Times Square Hotel New York City
- Econo Lodge New York City
- Econolodge Times Square
- New York City Econo Lodge
- Econolodge New York City
- Econo Lodge Time Square