Hotel Deauville
Ranked #354 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 December 2013

we have just returned from this hotel its very warming the staff are extremely helpful in every way don't worry about breakfast there is a 24hr 7 days a week bread and butter place right opposite hotel its food is cooked fresh in front of you seating upstairs or around side of building / the hotel is central to anywhere you want to in new york if you ask the man behind desk for any directions he will give you exactly what your looking for with a smile they are superb people from the lift guy to cleaning lady you won't go wrong in choosing this hotel / if you haven't booked a ride back to airport they will book you a taxi a lot cheaper than of the street also you might be lucky and get the ride we had a big blacked out windows car the driver drives the stars around new york example daniel ratclffe jude law robert deniro and many others too treats you like a super star yourself very helpful reinerio his name good bloke

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 1baggieboy

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The hotel is very clean and organized and has a beautiful vintage style, the elevator is just a must see. It is very well located close to everything and just a block away from the subway. The staff are very kind and are always ready to help. The hotel does not include breakfast, but that is not a problem since there is a very good bakery across the street.
I'm certainly staying here next time I come to New York.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed in a suite that was amazingly roomy for NYC It had a microwave, coffeepot and fridge. The big comfy couch opened into a queen bed. The decor of the whole place is probably best described as sort of art deco - not modern but not dated either - it was fun. I waited less time for the elevator - operated by a real person like days of old - than I usually do at a big hotel for the big fancy elevator and it was a really nice quaint touch. They were so helpful when I was in desperate need of something ie. a corkscrew and had one to me in a jiffy. The bed was comfortable and the shower nice and hot. The location of the hotel was really good - not too far off the beaten path but close enough to everything. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it for others looking for a change from the big chain hotels. They have some room with shared baths and I don't know if that would be for me but for the bargain price I might be convinced. It's a bit of a hike to Times Square but very close to Macy's and the Empire State Building. It's close to subway and buses and easy enough to grab a cab too. The were great about holding luggage till I was ready to catch my train too so I didn't have to drag it around the city all day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It was my first trip to New York, so I wanted to find a not very expensive hotel, from which we could easily walk to the city center. I've chosen this hotel. The hotel is located next to the subway. You can also easily walk to the city center. The room was of average size. The windows looked out on the wall of a neighboring building. At night it was noisy. A feeling that was blown heating pipes . At the time of arrival, the manager made ​​a copy of my credit card, and after 2-3 days all the money was stolen =/ The money I eventually returned, but it was a very bad moment in my journey.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Andrey B
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I have stayed here once a year for several years and will continue to return. I usually get one of the "European-style" rooms (bathroom/shower down the hallway, small sink in room) to save money. Rooms are clean, simple--nothing plush, some "amusing" decor. The beds are quite comfortable. Rooms facing 29th St. have a lot of traffic noise, other rooms have no view but are quieter. (I enjoy the street noise.) Free cable and wifi. Excellent staff, front desk always helpful and friendly. No ice machine, but you can get ice across the street in the little grocery. Lots of good restaurants nearby. Very short walk to bus and subway (28th St. #6 train), short walk to Madison Square and Union Square, safe neighborhood. This is a great home base

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have read the other reviews on this hotel but our experience was not good. The good points: location is superb and staff are very helpful and friendly. The bad: the rooms are not clean and have dust and a musty smell. The décor is horrendous and needs a complete refurbishment. The worst part of all were the bites on our bodies which we encountered after the first nights stay - not co-incidental I am sure !! If you choose to stay you can make up your own minds but we will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen V
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Excellent hotel to stay, small, clean, friendly . Great location,. Stayed here for 7 days , excellent base for sight seeing the city. Staff very helpfull and friendly. Handy store just on opposite corner as hotel has no kitchen faclity. but then in new york who stays in the hotel to eat when you have the whole city at your disposal!!!!! Fab quirky old fashion lift, hand op

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lower East Side
Blue Moon Hotel
Blue Moon Hotel
#414 of 470 in New York City

Been to Hotel Deauville? Share your experiences!