“Good value but....”
Review of Hotel Deauville

Hotel Deauville
Ranked #340 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I spent a complete week in that hotel. Price for a double bed was around 150$. Really good location. No breakfeast but dozens of places close to the hotel where you can have one. Good pizzeria close as well (Vezzo on Lexington). People from the hotel are nice. Rooms have good space even if the whole hotel looks a little bit old but it's clean. The only downside: when I did the reservation I asked for a king in the back of the hotel to avoid the noise of the street. When we arrived, we have just been informed that the room we had selected is not available anymore and that we will have a double bed room in the front of the hotel and that this is the only room left....This can become a nightmare for some people as you have noise the whole night. So yes, I would recommend this hotel but only if you can get a room far away from the street

Room Tip: Not close to the street
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Deauville

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is my first time staying in a hotel in Manhattan. The place is near is all attractions. The hotel room is neat and comfortable thought bathroom is a little congested. The service is quick and all the staff are very courteous

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I give it 4 stars because great value, location and customer service. It's not a fancy hotel by any means but for a cheap one night stay in NYC it's perfect. It's walking distance to the Empire State Building and it's very easily accessible to the subway. There are plenty of places nearby to get a drink, a bite to eat or a coffee.

The staff was very attentive and polite, helped us find the hotel and parking. Our room was a small yet cozy with a queen sized bed and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the bed was extremely comfortable. I got a really good night of sleep and that's something that had no price tag.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was a bit trepidatious about staying here, but could not afford the normal prices. I was very pleased with the hotel! Very clean, amazingly helpful staff, very comfortable, charming old hotel. We gave up a couple of luxuries, but it made for a great vacation! We were able to afford the trip without counting our pennies because of an overpriced hotel! Do not hesitate to stay here!

Room Tip: We had a "shared bath" and stayed three nights. We only had to wait one time to use the b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Climbingmomma
Reviewed 22 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My first night here was spent in a room on the third floor next to a noisy generator outside. I went down in the middle of the night to see if they could switch it off but I was told the generator was actually on the adjacent building and there was nothing they could do about it.

So the next day I asked to switch rooms and was put on the ground floor...next to the hotel's old gated elevator! It makes a hell of a noise, particularly as you have to slam shut the gates of the elevator before going up and down.

Luckily I wasn't staying here too long but I was really disappointed by the noise level considering other reviewers said they found it quiet. I recommend asking for a room on a higher floor away from the elevator shaft if staying here.

Also, the Wi-Fi was really poor so if you need speedy internet access whilst in NYC this probably isn't the best hotel for you.

Despite this, the hotel is in a great location and extremely close to the subway too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business