“Rude Service”

Ranked #333 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Rude Service”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My flight landed in NYC in the middle of a snow storm, and non of the hotels around JFK had a room available. I was able to book a room with Night Hotel through Hotel.com around 10:30pm. Got to the hotel at 11pm, the front desk receptionist said he doesn't have my reservation. We figured that it might just take some time for the confirmation to come in. After another 20 min, they still haven't received anything. The front desk manager said she would call Hotel.com to find out. I waited another 15 min and decided to call Hotel.com myself. The rep from Hotel.com said everything was confirmed and he would refax the confirmation to the hotel. I went back to the front desk to let the receptionist know. Another 10 minutes went by. I asked the receptionist what's going on. He said the manager is "entering" my reservation. I waited another 10 minutes and went up to the receptionist again. I told him leaving a customer waiting for 55 minutes without any updates is not good service practice. He said it's not his fault and I don't have to stay in this hotel. Well, if I didn't already paid for the hotel room, if it wasn't 11:55pm, and if I didn't just had a 14 hour flight, I would've walked out. I will never go back to this hotel. It's not a bargain, and there's nothing special about the room or location. There are many other hotels close by if you are looking to be near Time Square or Midtown, and I had good experiences there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank chafrei2001
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Hello chafrei2001 : Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience and would like to profusely apologize for the same. We focus considerable effort on training our staff to ensure high levels of service, and shall further strengthen our initiatives in this direction based on your feedback. We greatly appreciate your patronage, and we look forward to the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Gautam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Well what a location , literally one minute walk to times square, we could even see the neon from our bedroom window!
The rooms are quite small but fine very clean and very well equipped. Lifts were slow but fine.staff very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay there again. The room we had was very quiet and we heard no traffic at all, the hotel is on quite a quiet road.

Room Tip: We were in room 719 , and very queit
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the great feedback, Gaynor321! We look forward to your return.
Cheers!
Wales
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights to celebrate a special birthday and although a great location realized after the first night what a bad choice we'd made. Room was small, dark and depressing with a very drafty window which we had to stuff with towels during the night to stop the cold.The noise from the air con was unbearable as was the flashing smoke alarm just above the bed but what made sleep almost impossible was the noise from the disco on the 1st floor which went on until the small hours. On our last night - 21st Dec there was some sort of row which went on until 4:30 am which consequently meant our last day in New York was spent in a hazy tired state. We did complain but got a very insincere apology.
The hotel had 3 days of our stay taken over by private parties in the foyer and bar which made it impossible to get a drink or even sit down after a busy sightseeing day.
The hotel does not provide a welcome pack of information such as wifi/internet availability, taxis, transportation to the airport and more importantly concierge operating times - this would have aved invaluable time rather than asking.Of the two lifts,one was consistently out of order.
Would NOT stay here again or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Hello Nythfa: Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am truly disappointed that you were less than comfortable during your special getaway. I value your descriptive and constructive feedback and thank you for taking the time to provide us with the details of your experience. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to improve the standards of our hotel. In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back to Night. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com, so that I can personally assist with your arrangements. I know that sincere words of apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit, however, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I was in NYC on business, so I needed to book a room near our office in Times Square. My room was very adorable, but a little on the small side which is to be expected in Manhattan. On the plus, the room was extremely affordable, within a block from all the Times Square madness and right down the street from the subway. The Logo also looks like the Detroit Tigers, so you can't miss it. ;)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear LindaDesigner: Thank you for the fantastic review. It was a true pleasure to have you as our guest, & we look forward to your return.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Fantastic location, one hop and you are right in the centre of Times Square. I think if you chose to be that close to the action then you have to expect small rooms and a compact shower room for a reasonable price. Otherwise pay more and go for real luxury. It suited us, we were up and out. Didn't try the breakfast but we did have an odd cocktail that was not a margarita!! All staff were friendly, helpful. We weren't disturbed by party revellers in the bar, in fact room was quiet and we stayed for 4 nights. I loved the decor and atmosphere - it is different!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words, Annix2013! We loved having you here and cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.
Cheers!
Paris, France
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We arrived at the Night Hotel at 12:30pm and had to wait until 3pm to get a room. Not to mention this reservation was made months ago. The room we were given was a shoe box! When I asked for a different room I was hoping to see something more like on their website, forget it! I never felt more deceived. Receptionist lady was nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Do not get mislead by pix on their website.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello ElifFiedler : Thank you for your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. I would like to address some of your concerns- our check in time is 3pm. An early check in subject to availability of rooms. We try our utmost to arrange courtesy early check in’s for our guests as they arrive. Our photos are all very real, and our rooms are not the largest but far from the smallest in NYC; if room size was or is a concern we do have larger rooms that can be booked. Rooms provided are based on the price point and actual room size reserved. We would love for you to experience one of our larger rooms on your next trip to the big apple. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I may personally facilitate your reservation and ensure you have a memorable time in residence.
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Small, clean rooms. A big downside for us was the bar downstairs turning into some sort of very loud club at night, and you could hear it by the elevators all the way up on the fourth floor. You can also hear everything in the hallway and rooms around you as the doors in this hotel are not good for keeping sound out, and if we had been less exhausted it might have prevented us from sleeping. Room did not have a hair dryer in it. Stand shower only. Very good location! Staff was good enough. The elevators are tiny and excruciatingly slow!

Room Tip: If you get a second floor room, you'll definitely hear the bar's night club atmosphere in yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Hello Lostgirl28: I value your descriptive and constructive feedback and thank you for taking the time to provide us with the details of your experience. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to improve the standards of our hotel. In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back to Night TSQ. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com, so that I can personally assist with your arrangements.