“In the heart of Times Square”
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #333 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Western Ireland, Ireland
“In the heart of Times Square”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights from 4th to 11th of May. Times Square is right on the door step(,Red Steps two minutes from door) it's location is excellent. Rooms are on the small side but has everything you need, and very clean we only used ours for sleeping as there is sooooo much to do. All staff were helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Just be aware that building work is being carried out near and around the hotel and most of Time Square so expect some noise early in the morning. (not hotels fault) as sirens and traffic noise is just as bad (New Yorkers love to blow their car/lorry horns) Lovely little 24hr deli next door for all your needs with reasonable prices. If you want a hotel that's in the heart of Times Square that is clean, has pleasant staff, and a bit of noise doesn't annoy you, this hotel is perfect. would book again.

Room Tip: Best to ask for a room furthest away from building work when booking if some noise bothers you.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience in detail on Trip Advisor.We look forward to having you stay with us during all your future visits to NYC
Gautam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I am not that hard to please. I regularly stay in NYC for business at boutique hotels that range in the ballpark of 250-350/night. Most of the hotels in that range are pleasant, clean and filled with kind staff. But I had QUITE the opposite experience at the Night Hotel on 47th (not to be confused with the one on 45th which could be different, who knows). First, my mother's antique Gucci watch disappeared from my hotel room. Then the restaurant was shut down because the kitchen was undergoing maintenance. The only thing available was tepid, bitter coffee. No apologies were ever offered for this inconvenience. Then, I was literally stalked by their night bellman, who followed me into a nearby market, hit on me several times, and made me incredibly uncomfortable whenever he was present in the lobby by staring at me. Their day bellman wasn't much better. He regularly tried to "push" services like an expensive car to the airport on me, and when I finally rebuffed all of those offers, he abruptly stopped being so nice. Their elevators are slower and even more cramped than most NY elevators. And last but not least, the rooms themselves are awful. Remember the scene in "Big" when Tom Hanks cries at night in the horrible NY fleabag motel? That was my experience upon entering the room for the first time. Tiny, ugly rooms with old carpet, dirty walls and bad light. I will never, ever stay there again. Ever. Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank Kelly M
Anna S, Front Office Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello Kelly: I'm sorry to hear that you were less than comfortable during your time in residence. I would love the opportunity to discuss your experience directly please contact me at asobiech@nighthoteltsq.com.

Kind regards,

Anna Sobiech
Front Office Manager
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 May 2014

- Rooms are tiny and mine had two tiny windows that faced a brick wall and let in zero light
- There were gnat-like bugs in the shower
- Dirty towels
- No coffee maker in the room
- No room service available
- A/C unit in the ceiling started to leak on the floor, right in front of the bathroom door and in front of the only floor-length mirror, making it impossible to get ready in the morning without being dripped on. Also the sound of the dripping kept me up at night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank amy b
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your recent experience at Night TSQ. I certainly regret that we didn’t meet your expectations and missed the opportunity to address your concerns while in residence. Please accept my sincere apologies for the same. I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I can personally make the arrangements and ensure you have a memorable stay.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

After reading some reviews about the service and quality of this hotel I was a little nervous before I arrived. I e-mailed ahead and requested a high room in the corner of the hotel as I heard that these were the most comfortable and quiet rooms. I e-mailed Gautam directly (I found the email on a previous review), stating that It was a birthday/anniversary and I received a response very quickly.

When I arrived I was told that all of my requests had been made, and there was a lovely bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us ! The queen room was perfect (810) and suffered from no noise from the outside.

The location of the hotel is ideal, you literally turn right out of the reception area and you are in times square. There is shop/deli next door which sells food and items you usually buy abroad. I have read a few complaints from people, especially regarding the lifts, yes they are slow, but does it really matter?

The concierge was a useful service, and we booked tickets to the airport via a shuttle service which collects you from outside, as well as tickets the Woodbury Commons.

All in all the experience was fantastic, and I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms high up are quieter Rooms in the corners of the building are larger
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Danyal I
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recognition and your gracious comments. We look forward to having you stay with us during all your future visits to NYC
Best Wishes,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for three nights in May. Good points are - location, as it is steps away from Times Square and the Theatre District. The bed is comfortable and sheets are changed daily.
Unfortunately the room is so small that our two suitcases, once open took up the majority of the floor space. The bathroom is so small the bathmat takes up all of the floor space and the shower does not drain quickly enough leaving you standing in inches of water by the end of the shower - most unhygienic.
Although the bed is comfortable, I suggest you bring ear plugs as the air conditioning and bar fridge are so noisy, it is like being on a 747.The concierge has limited hours 9am to 5pm which is a bit odd as you are generally looking for restaurants and tours outside of these hours - maybe a cost saving measure. Personally I will be looking for another hotel next time I stay in Manhattan.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Night TSQ for your time in NYC, and my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while in residence.Our goal is to provide total guest satisfaction and we attempt to do so daily. I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I can personally make the arrangements and ensure you have a memorable stay.