“Bleech!”
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #343 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 13 June 2014

WARNING: Do not go to this hotel if you want to hang your clothes up (no closet, no hangers), be able to walk in your room (no room in your room) or have hot water in your shower (little water, no hot).
It is a superficially renovated dog of an hotel. You are much better off look for a last minute deal. You can do BETTER.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 244Traveler
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I read your review with great regret as we strive to provide nothing but utmost comfort to all our guests; unfortunately with your feedback we fell short of that mark.
I wish we were informed of these shortcomings while you were in residence, so we could've addressed them promptly. Nevertheless, we would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com, so that I may facilitate your reservation and ensure that everything meets your level of expectation.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you want a hotel just metres away from times square in the heart of Manhattan, this is the place for you.

REALLY EASY to access from JFK airport. Get the airtrain ($5 each) to Jamaica station, buy a metrocard, then get the E subway, its about 18 stops and takes about 40mins in total, alot more cost effective than paying the $52 each way in a cab, just takes abit longer. Closest subway stations are either on 42nd port authority bus terminal - then walk up 5 blocks and across 1, or 50th st.

Welcoming staff in reception. We had a slight problem with the water in the shower but this was addressed within minutes, no issues at all.

We didnt go, but there is a bar and restaurant on site, the bar had a dj on the fri or sat night when we were there, people seemed to be enjoying it and dancing so i presume it must've been good.

The only slight negative is the very small and slow lifts, there are only 2 of them, abit of patience is required especially if you're on a high floor like we were (9th)... but dont let this deter you from booking here.

Rooms are what you'd expect in the heart of NY, abit small, but fit for purpose, comfortable bed, flatscreen tv on the wall, small fridge, iron, bose speaker to connect mp3/ipod with the jack wire, etc.

A deli is right next door that sells everything you'll need if you want to take anything upto the room (or not pay mini-bar prices like me) : )

Wi-fi is free in the lobby area next to the beautiful fish tank, but $10 a night if you want to use it in the room, it's also possible to pick up free wi-fi from other providers so keep searching, its worth it.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank seba85
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,
We truly appreciate that you took some extended time to provide us and all future guests with such a wonderful and detailed review of your experience while in residence. Thank you for your patronage, and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Night TSQ

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is the fourth time I come to this hotel the last two years. I get about two weeks each time, and all that time staying in this hotel. I must say that beyond the fact that the location is excellent and the rooms are great, one of the main reasons I go back to the hotel, is the hotel guest services. I was glad to see Dennis Adames again! I'll note again, like the last time, that every problem I have, Dennis try to help me and refers to any broblem I have. The reference of the agent is very important to me when I come to hotel and every time I discover that in this hotel the guest services agent are polite and nice any time of day. I will absolutely be back next time, just for this reason.
Another reason for recommend this hotel is the tourists services / service desk - especially chef concierge Walter Carmona which always nice and helps me adapt and manage in the city.
So the fact that I return again and again to this hotel is your best service! thanks to your people!
I want to thank you again Dannis Adames and Walter Carmona!!, u two definitely make me return to this hotel!! You are estimable and i Hope to see u two next time.
Thank u also Fatema Kabir that given me also good service this time.
shani

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank shani-71
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from all of us at The Night TSQ!

Thank you again for such stellar reviews on Trip Advisor. Your kind appreciation of our associates further motivates us in our constant endeavor of providing hospitality at its very best.

We look forward to your continued patronage in making Night TSQ your "home away from home"

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had to do an overnight trip to NYC and due to timing was a bit constrained on choices - trying to find cost effective and location smart. The Night Hotel won relative to these two factors and due to the short advance notice I had to work with. A nice bed, clean linens, a great TV mounted on the wall and for Times Square access - fantastic location! Sadly, that ends the positives...

The lobby looks good but pretty basic, a few chairs and that's it. The elevators felt like those pneumatic tubes used at banks in the drive thru - very tiny - and I think they must have mules on the roof with ropes tied to the elevators because they are verrry sloooowwww... The "desk" in the room was essentially a side table and it is essentially useless due to the Bose machine covering about half the surface. There is only the desk chair to sit on - or sit on the bed. Oh and I love that $500/night is insufficient to include wi-fi... I thought robbery was illegal...???

Fast-forward to the morning, shower time, er maybe not... The "stream" from the shower had 'some' pressure but it didn't matter since the shower head was broken. Kinda hard to fix this problem when you are standing naked in the shower in the morning and discover a problem like this. I reported it at checkout and got the usual "I'll pass it on to a manager to contact you" line. Must have had a LOT of problems for the manager - not a peep...

For nearly $500 I expected at least a modicum of quality but got only adequate. NYC may think Times Square is something special and that these rates are justified. I'm just a mid-western boy at heart and think value and reputation are earned, not absorbed due to proximity. The Night Hotel doesn't deserve a quality rating...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank B21956

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. Reviews on our service have been overwhelmingly positive and I am troubled to hear that your experience was not a good one. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back to Night TSQ. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com, so I can personally assist with your arrangements. I know that sincere words of apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit, however, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I found this hotel on Booking.com for a great deal for my husband's and my long weekend away in NYC. For the location and amenities, it was a fabulous deal. The hotel itself is only about a two minute walk from Times Square, maybe a five minute walk to the subway, about a 10-15 minute walk to Rockafeller Center, and very close to the Theatre District and tons of restaurants and stores. If you stay over a Saturday, at least when we were there, there was a street vendor extravaganza going on right outside the front door of the hotel. T-shirts, Jewelry, purses, food, etc! The rooms are on the small side (except for the penthouse from what we heard) even with the Queen room, but we were only planning on sleeping there and being out and about (which is very easy to do at all hours of the day/night). The gothic black and white theme of the hotel is really cool and my husband enjoyed the bar/smoking room downstairs. I can't speak for all of the rooms, but while the view from our room was not stellar (it was of an alley essentially), it was QUIET and for NY, that is okay with me! The staff were always friendly and accommodating. The concierge made some great recommendations and we followed a lot of their advice. The only thing that went kind of sucky was our toilet stopped doing what it was supposed to do our last night there. The front desk was very kind to send up a plunger, though my hubby had to do the work. That put a slight damper on the last night/morning, but everything else was great!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review which pertains to our sister property- Night NY. We are pleased to learn of your overall great experience there, and would also love for you to experience our equally magnificent hotel on your next trip to the big apple.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located only a few feet away from the TKS ticket booth in times square. We stayed here for 4 nights and to be honest i was slightly put off by the negative reviews written by previous customers.First of all (apart from the (excellent location) the reception is lovely. Lots of comfortable chairs and free wifi which was trouble free whenever we used it. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room was small but certainky big enough to walk round the bed (which was really comfortable) and leave a large suitcase open at either side of the bed. The air conditioning was noisy so we had ro turn it iff durung tge night which made thecroom quite qarm overnight. The showerroom was fine, big enough and tge shower was perfectly adequate. There is no coffee in the room but the deli next doir sold if fir $1.75 fir a large tajeaway cup. This was certaunly not as bad as other reviews have suggested.

Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the fantastic feedback. We are all overwhelmed reading your inspirational review.
We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is pleasing to read that our mission was accomplished with your stay. Thank you for your patronage and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Night TSQ
Cheers!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was here with my boyfriend but it's great for friends and families, no noise, great atmosphere, right near the subway and Times Square. Reasonable price. Don't pack a brolly, they give them out when you walk out the door if it's raining! Pretty cool, store nextdoor great for midnight snacks.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Babs L
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing your stay. We go to great lengths in providing our guests the Signature Night experience and such feedback further motivates us in our quest of providing hospitality at its very best.Thank you again, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to NYC and NIGHT TSQ