“A Diamond in the Rough!”
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #336 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were not sure what to expect for our $200 a night after taxes and fees. Overnight valet parking was $35 and very convenient. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in to check-in. A small, "understated" but sleek and clean lobby area with pockets of seating areas to just hang out. A restaurant/bar/music area is located on the other side of the hotel. Check-in was easy so we headed to the elevators which were very small. Rooms are also limited in space, but clean and inviting. The 40" (approx) TV was not HD, but we didn't mind. Mini-bar was also provided. Bathrooms were VERY small but served it's purpose. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the few moments of your time in giving us your valued feedback which will go a long way in our constant endeavor to provide hospitality at its very best. My team and I are delighted to note that you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Night Times Square

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed there for 10 days. The price is very good for the position and for the rating. It's in the heart of manhattan, and you can go everywhere by foot or by metro (near a lot of station).
Every day they change towel and clean the room.
Room is very clean, but only a little bit small (queen size).
Reception and services are very good.
I suggest it for a vacation in new york!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great feedback. My team and I are delighted to note that you had a comfortable stay and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Pros of the hotel are convenient location, comfortable bed and pillows.

Cons are poor water pressure in shower and basin, hot water not hot, walls paper thin, slamming doors from corridor very loud in room, elevators extremely slow, room very small and bathroom so small as to be barely usable.

My wife and I checked out Friday morning @ 5am. I asked the concierge (who was slouched over the counter listening to his iPod) to get us a yellow cab to JFK airport. He went outside, came back in a minute later and said he would organise transport as there were no cabs to be hailed outside. Five minutes later, a guy in a van pulled up to the hotel. He motioned us to get in, which we did. I asked the concierge before we exited the hotel was this still a $52 fare, and he said yes. The driver then went into the hotel and disappeared for a few minutes, before reappearing and beginning our journey. Once at JFK, we got out, and he told me the fare to JFK is $70 plus tolls plus tip. I was outraged, and told him I knew the flat rate was $52, and that was all I was going to pay. I gave him $70 in total and left. I was angry, and the driver was also angry.

In summation, either the concierge was scamming us by getting a friend of his to take us to the airport at an inflated rate, or the concierge is totally incompetent.

Either way, he deserves to lose his job, and this hotel need to take a close look at how it defines quality customer service.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Anthony L

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Night TSQ!
I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. Reviews on our service have been overwhelmingly positive and I am troubled to hear that your experience was not a good one. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and re-assure you of our best attention and timely resolution at all times. Please contact me at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com . I know that sincere words of apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit, However, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We rent 2 rooms in March. The location is good but the rooms average, the window looks to the wall, cold in the bathroom and rooms are really tiny. In the mini bar instead the whiskey bottles was filled by water but it's a fall of the guests.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from you recent stay with us.We appreciate all feedback here, good or bad, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you encountered. We’d love for you to experience one of our larger rooms on your next visit . Please mail me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com so I may personally facilitate your reservation and ensure you have a memorable stay.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

WARNING: Do not go to this hotel if you want to hang your clothes up (no closet, no hangers), be able to walk in your room (no room in your room) or have hot water in your shower (little water, no hot).
It is a superficially renovated dog of an hotel. You are much better off look for a last minute deal. You can do BETTER.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 244Traveler

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I read your review with great regret as we strive to provide nothing but utmost comfort to all our guests; unfortunately with your feedback we fell short of that mark.
I wish we were informed of these shortcomings while you were in residence, so we could've addressed them promptly. Nevertheless, we would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Please contact me directly at gkhanna@nighthoteltsq.com, so that I may facilitate your reservation and ensure that everything meets your level of expectation.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you want a hotel just metres away from times square in the heart of Manhattan, this is the place for you.

REALLY EASY to access from JFK airport. Get the airtrain ($5 each) to Jamaica station, buy a metrocard, then get the E subway, its about 18 stops and takes about 40mins in total, alot more cost effective than paying the $52 each way in a cab, just takes abit longer. Closest subway stations are either on 42nd port authority bus terminal - then walk up 5 blocks and across 1, or 50th st.

Welcoming staff in reception. We had a slight problem with the water in the shower but this was addressed within minutes, no issues at all.

We didnt go, but there is a bar and restaurant on site, the bar had a dj on the fri or sat night when we were there, people seemed to be enjoying it and dancing so i presume it must've been good.

The only slight negative is the very small and slow lifts, there are only 2 of them, abit of patience is required especially if you're on a high floor like we were (9th)... but dont let this deter you from booking here.

Rooms are what you'd expect in the heart of NY, abit small, but fit for purpose, comfortable bed, flatscreen tv on the wall, small fridge, iron, bose speaker to connect mp3/ipod with the jack wire, etc.

A deli is right next door that sells everything you'll need if you want to take anything upto the room (or not pay mini-bar prices like me) : )

Wi-fi is free in the lobby area next to the beautiful fish tank, but $10 a night if you want to use it in the room, it's also possible to pick up free wi-fi from other providers so keep searching, its worth it.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank seba85
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,
We truly appreciate that you took some extended time to provide us and all future guests with such a wonderful and detailed review of your experience while in residence. Thank you for your patronage, and I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Night TSQ

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is the fourth time I come to this hotel the last two years. I get about two weeks each time, and all that time staying in this hotel. I must say that beyond the fact that the location is excellent and the rooms are great, one of the main reasons I go back to the hotel, is the hotel guest services. I was glad to see Dennis Adames again! I'll note again, like the last time, that every problem I have, Dennis try to help me and refers to any broblem I have. The reference of the agent is very important to me when I come to hotel and every time I discover that in this hotel the guest services agent are polite and nice any time of day. I will absolutely be back next time, just for this reason.
Another reason for recommend this hotel is the tourists services / service desk - especially chef concierge Walter Carmona which always nice and helps me adapt and manage in the city.
So the fact that I return again and again to this hotel is your best service! thanks to your people!
I want to thank you again Dannis Adames and Walter Carmona!!, u two definitely make me return to this hotel!! You are estimable and i Hope to see u two next time.
Thank u also Fatema Kabir that given me also good service this time.
shani

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank shani-71
Gautam K, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Warmest greetings from all of us at The Night TSQ!

Thank you again for such stellar reviews on Trip Advisor. Your kind appreciation of our associates further motivates us in our constant endeavor of providing hospitality at its very best.

We look forward to your continued patronage in making Night TSQ your "home away from home"