Hotel 17
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$224
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$334
US$298
Agoda.com
1,357 results
All reviewsshared bathroomunion squareeast villagenew yorkgramercy parkdouble bedstay there againrooms are smallplace to sleepfew blockslower east sidesubway stationthe empire state buildingtimes squaresinkmanhattanfloor
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have just had a weeks holiday staying in this hotel and it was absolutely fantastic. The room we were in (616) was perfect. The only thing that was missing were some hanging hooks and perhaps some shelving in the wash area would have been good. This is the Only down comment.Everything else was fantastic. I would certainly recommend to anyone. The shared bathrooms/toilets were never a problem and always spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank m10lps
Reviewed 17 September 2013

It's a very good hotel for its price. Their wood decoration looks very good for me and creates atmosphere of comfort. A single-bed room was small but comfortable having an air conditioner and a safe. Hotel is located close to Manhattan's center several blocks from the subway making traveling across Manhattan fast.

Minor disadvantage is a shared bathroom. But this makes price cheaper and during my 3-night stay at least one of bathrooms was always vacant.

Another disadvantage is look from window. Everything you see are walls. But it wasn't a big disadvantage for me, since I spent most of my time in the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at Hotel 17 for 6 nights at the start of September, and enjoyed my stay. The location is very convenient, with a subway stop a few minutes away, coffee and breakfast places nearby, and walking distance to Union Square and the East Village. My room was cozy and clean, and the staff were helpful. It's great to be steps away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but it's also great that the hotel itself is on a quiet leafy street so that you can relax at the end of a day of exploring NYC!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SPTDot
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. Great value for a place in NYC for a week. Has a cool retro kinda vibe and I liked the fact that it's 5 mins walk from Union Square which makes getting around the city on the underground very easy. Room was slightly small but for me it did just fine, after all I was there to see the city more than the hotel. Shared bathroom which may not be to some people's tastes but it was kept clean.

I would definitely stay here again next time i come to NYC.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We've been to Hotel 17 three times now. First for our 20th Anniversary. Second for Christmas Eve. This time, we decided to return for our 23rd Anniversary, and had the best stay yet.

The room was much bigger and at the same price as the tiny one we got last time, and that was a pleasant surprise. Wonderful old detailing on the ceiling. Sure the carpet was a little old, and the wallpaper had a slight tear here and there, but the bed was comfortable, and everything was very clean. The shared bathrooms were again no problem. Once, I discovered they were occupied. I simply walked to the other half of the floor, and found two open ones that were always clean.

The staff isn't the most chatty in the world, but so what? I was fine with them, and I am sure they get slammed with people from all over the world with indecipherable requests. I never heard anyone else on our floor. The rooms have solid walls and high ceilings.

The one thing I would have to say is the one elevator is usually being used and is super slow. Luckily, we had small bags to carry and were on the third floor.

The TV is a small flat screen, we had to windows with views of 17th street. We actually enjoyed hanging out in the room, as we savored our coffee and bagels from Joe Juniors Diner around the corner. Gramercy Cafe is also right across the street for Diner food.

One of the best things about the area is simply LOCATION. 3rd and 14th is the L train, which gets you to Bedford Ave in Williamsburg in 2 quick stops. You also have Union Square Station which takes you just about anywhere else you want to go.

A ton of great bars and restaurants in the East Village. You can't run out of things to do.

WIFI was working very well. This used to be an issue for them a few years ago, but not anymore. Not for us at least.

Fall is the most expensive time of the year. Still, we got our room for $156 a night, and between the size of the room, quality of the area (check out next door Stuyvesant Square Park) and the general ease of getting around. It's the best bargain for someone who doesn't want to stay in a dump. It actually has a nice old world touch of class to it. If you don't care about shared bathrooms and continental breakfast... your partner likely won't either.

Thanks Hotel 17. We had yet another great time. We will be back for a 4th visit, I'm certain.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple