Six Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Hudson Hotel New York(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Da Vinci Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Moderne Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Dream Midtown(New York City)
Courtyard(New York City)
View Hotel
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
1,164 results
All reviewscolumbus circletime warner centerblue ribbon sushipod roomcentral parkwhole foodsthompson hotelgreat locationlincoln centernew yorkheated floorsking suiteboutique hotelan upgraderooms are smallrooftop barbigger room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Horrible service, no wifi working on all my stay, dirty and old ann bad decoration. no closet enough.The restaurant too noisy anmd took j¡hours for the food to come. No people at the front desk. the looby and the entrance of the hotel full of people drinking or smoking. not a hotel to go!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Marcelo L
Ralph R, General Manager at Six Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Marcelo L

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at 6 Columbus. Unfortunately, for the first time ever, we must disagree with your statement and complaints.
Our utmost intention is for all of our guests to have a comfortable and enjoyable stay, and i assure you that we went above and beyond in order to provide this to you. For your own privacy, we will not disclose details on this platform; however should you wish to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
It is a shame that you are improperly using this platform to make up false issues as Trip Advisor is supposed to be a place where our guests feel comfortable offering their honest feedback and experience so as to benefit others.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I travel to NYC on business at least 2 times a month and have stayed in numerous hotels all over the city. After staying at the Columbus 6 I will no longer stay anywhere else. From the extremely good location (on Columbus Circle with best Subway access in the city and Whole Foods across the street), incredibly large and clean rooms, and almost overly polite staff, there is no better value in the all of Manhattan. Also, the restaurant in the lobby, Blue Ribbon, has arguably the best Sushi in the city.

I recommend this spot to anyone visiting NYC on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms on West side have view of Central Park.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Ralph R, General Manager at Six Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear 64Br_B

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write this review.
I am glad you found a home away from home at 6 Columbus and enjoyed your stay with us.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly in case i can be of any assistance to you.

Kind regards

6 Columbus

Reviewed 6 February 2012

First, you should know that they gave me an upgrade to a king studio (from queen superior), so obviusly we enjoyed the room! The hotel is in a stark 1960s style with great tile bathrooms. The location behind the Time Warner complex provides access to Carnegie, Lincoln Center, Broadway, and to Per Se and Jean Georges (or to the pre theater $30 something special at Nougatine), as well as Central Park. The staff are really special. Coming back to the room with two cups of coffee from next door Starbucks, the doorman follows me to use his key (the elevator requires room key to operate) because my hands were full! At check out as we come down with suitcases, bell captain approachs and asks if we want storage, has it arranged instantly. As we leave, a very pleasant housekeeper immediately straightens up our room after a pleasant greeting. Great place to stay in NYC!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Travelerofworld

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will most certainly pass along your kind words to our staff.

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Please contact me directly in case i can be of assistance to you

Kind regards

6 Columbus

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Let's start with the good:
- I liked the 60's airport theme that is going on inside,
- It's cool that the sushi bar is tied to the hotel from the reception area,
- The hotel is very well located (that is if you're a midtown/uptown sort of a person),
- Prices were reasonable for the location
- Problem-less house-keeping; timely papers in the morning

Moving on to the dark side:
- I had to arrive at 7AM in the morning, and I only got my room by 3PM, the regular check-in time; nothing off the books there, but they could have tried a bit more to accommodate me...
- The 'complimentary upgrades' that are being referred to in all those reviews is either a lot of very lucky guests, or a smell of self-promoting reviews... (I hope that's not the case and that I'm sensing wrong) I would assume so, because I didn't get one, and I had to wait 8 hours for the check-in and it was my birthday, and they knew it from an email exchange.
- The room was cold in appearance and mood (lack of carpeting plays a big role in this)
- It looked right into an old residential building just a few feet away; got no sunshine and I had to keep the curtains covered at all times in order not to be face-to-face with the other building anyways...
- You could hear absolutely everything from the rooms on either sides, as well as any little sound on the corridor
- No complimentary Wi-Fi anywhere in the hotel?! What century is this in?
- There was a permanent smell of manure on the corridor of our floor

Overall, I guess it was OK... Would I stay there again; not if it will replicate the first experience.

Room Tip: Beware of the rooms that look in the back, facing a residential building that is only a few feet away, you get no sunshine and you have to keep the curtains closed unless you want all your moves exposed.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank bayimc
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed in a King suite ( couple with 18 year old son) for a week in early January 2012. We asked for a nice room and we had a great view over to the Time-Warner building, so we could see how the day was shaping up weather wise and just look at all the street life. The room was really quiet.
My son was happy as on the sofa bed in the living room with his own TV.
All the staff were amazingly nice and the concierge got us NFL play-off tickets at short notice which was hugely appreciated.
We love the vibe of small boutique hotels. You feel like you are coming home.
The bar is great and the sushi restaurant is brilliant in the hotel.
The location is fantastic. My husband would go running in Central Park. The subway is 100m away. The Whole Foods shop in the Time Warner is brilliant to have across the road. That whole place is great actually with brilliant restaurants.
The hotel has a great terrace for drinks with fab views.
The only downer is the $15 for wi-fi every day.We all have iPads and computers and to log in all would have been a waste but we love our own devices!
We had loads of luggage because we were travelling with all our snowboard gear and we had plenty of space. We got a great room rate by booking on-line and loved staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: I guess if you want space in this hotel, get a bigger room. Our room overlooking the street was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Ralph R, General Manager at Six Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear Freofan,

Thank you for your feedback! I am very pleased to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay. You need not worry about multiple wi-fi charges as we charge $15 per 24 hours but not per device so you may connect as many devices as you please. Hopefully we will see you all again this Spring (I think Central Park is the most beautiful during this time for running).