“Midtown Manhattan - Mid Comfort - Mid Satisfaction”

6 Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel
Ranked #329 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We booked this hotel as we had an additional night to spend in NY on our way back to Europe. The check in clerk was friendly and efficient
The overall deco is a bit bleak and dark
The Pod room we were allocated was very small and dingy
The bathroom was clean and ok stocked
The price we paid was ca. £170 for one night incl. tax
Location is good within easy reach to the Metro Station and Columbus Circle

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Ralph R, General Manager at 6 Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear plane_cowboy

thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you have not completely enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me know the next time you need a room and i am more than happy to assist you in making reservations for a larger accomodation.

Should you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Loved my stay at 6 Columbus and hope to stay there anytime I am in New York. Staff was nice, room was clean. Loved the bathroom design - using same subway tiles in my bathroom upgrade. Bar in attached restaurant on first floor is great too. Can't say enough about location, obviously.

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear Kstearns

Thank you for your kind words. we very much appreciate your loyalty to 6 Columbus and we are very much looking forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here one night (intended to stay longer but checked out because of experience.)
The location was perfect, Columbus Circle, really close to Central Park.

We were told that we got a "standard" room. However, our room was incredibly tiny, overlooked a brick wall (less that a foot from the window), had a bed that most people would be hard pressed to call a twin.
In fact, we were laughed at by the cleaning lady when she saw the bed and realized that it had been assigned to a couple. She showed us a few other rooms on the same floor which looked significantly bigger.

The bathroom itself was bigger than our room and very modern. The front desk service was spotty with some of them being way nicer than others.

Given NYC's usual hotel room sizes, I wasn't expecting a huge bedroom. This can be a good hotel provided you get the right room.However, the size of our room was simply unforgivable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SunshineGi
Ralph R, General Manager at 6 Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Sunculpah

I appreciate your feedback. I am somewhat surprised about your remark in regards to the room size. We are very transparent and are not tricking our guest in any way. The room size and bed configurations of all our rooms are indicated on our website for everybody to see. If the room you reserved was too small for you please feel free to contact me directly and i can give you a tour of the hotel and show you a variety of our different room categories to make sure we'll book the appropriate room for you the next time.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I've now stayed at 6 Columbus several times on business trips to NYC and its quickly become a favorite. The location is great, the hotel has everything you need and the staff are very focused on catering to your needs. If you like stylish boutique this is a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Sbroumand_Nomad

Thank you very much for your kind words. We very much appreciate your loyalty.
We cant wait to welcome you back to 6 Columbus.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

As a business and leisure traveler who spends 100-130 nights a year in hotels, I've come to really appreciate certain things---cleanliness, location, amenities, and warm service. This hotel delivers!

First, cleanliness--this is my BIGGEST concern when I travel. I cannot stand anything that feels like it might be unclean. At 6 Columbus, my room was absolutely spotless! It was also apparent, by design, that they avoided "dirt traps" like carpet, bedspreads, etc. that don't get cleaned regularly, by nature. My room was decorated and designed beautifully with hardwood floors--a REAL treat for cleanliness snobs and germophobes! I wish all hotels had hardwood floors like this one, rather than the dirt-masking darkly patterned carpets most hotels use. This floor gets an A+++ with me at 6 Columbus!

The bathroom was also spotless--and tiled floor to ceiling with a gorgeous contemporary feel. I love the black, gray and white contemporary feel of my room with touches of wood to add warmth.

The bed was quite comfortable and I loved the freshly washed duvets and nice sheets.

I was exceptionally surprised by windows on BOTH opposite sides of my room! Views on two opposite sides? That RARELY happens! What a treat! I could overlook Columbus Circle from my wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling window and peek at Central Park from my office chair... neat! I also had a nice little balcony, complete with chair and coffee table. I've NEVER been to a NY hotel with a balcony like that. Superb!

For ladies---you will LOVE the high-end brand, Kiehl's amino acid shampoo and conditioner at this hotel. FINALLY a hotel that gives you ample shampoo and a conditioner that ACTUALLY CONDITIONS your hair! (Instead of that goop that rinses out leaving your hair no less conditioned than before you started.) It was WONDERFUL...to the point I want to go online and see how to purchase more!

The service at this hotel was superb. Always friendly, helpful, and they memorized my name within minutes of checking in---and people greeted me by name throughout my 4-night stay. Brandon, one of the doormen, was especially courteous and helpful. They made me feel right at home.

A nice, large flat screen TV and a full snack and mini-bar that was stocked well-beyond-mini status was a nice treat when tired feet and long work days extinguished some of my energy for getting to the nearby drugstore for a beverage or snack. The prices at the mini-bar weren't bargains, but weren't total rip-offs, either, given the convenience.

For a business traveler, internet connectivity is always important---and I notice at a lot of hotels these days, the bandwidth is severely lacking given the multitude of devices and data-heavy use put upon them in the evening hours. At some points during recent stays, I've literally had to go without internet or tether from my phone as the hotel-provided internet (even for a fee), couldn't support the user demand. At 6 Columbus, the internet, though a bit pricey ($15/day), was rock-solid the entire time. Additionally, they offered ample outlets for charging my multiple devices.

I've been a loyal member of the Hilton chain of hotels for years (Diamond level), but I chose 6 Columbus hotel for it's location to business on this particular trip, and it's price (a little less than other nearby hotels), plus other reviews I read about its quality. For me, not staying at a Hilton chain is a deviation from loyalty that I rarely make. That said, whenever I shall return to NYC again, I'm definitely going to consider the 6 Columbus. It's been a true pleasure from start to end to stay here. Thank you, Thompson Hotels, for the excellent service and experience at 6 Columbus. I will definitely consider you again next time I am in NY or another city that has a Thompson hotel. It was wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank psycchic12

Dear psycchic12

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write this detailed review of 6 Columbus.
I agree with you, having a clean room is of the utmost importance and we strive every day to provide our guests with everything they deserve: a clean and comfortable room, great customer service and high end amenities.
I have to say, i am very proud of our staff you provide a genuine service with a smile on a daily basis.

I am glad we were able to provide you with a memorable stay and are very much looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

we had the best time at this hotel from the moment we checked in, to moment we left! The front desk was very pleasant and very helpful, the doormen were great, the bar and restaurant were fantastic... the restaurant suggestions were spot on and the rooms were immaculate!. room service was prompt and reasonable... we would definately go back

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david g

Dear david g

Thank you for your kind review. It is extremely important to us to provide our guests with a memorable experience and i am glad we were able to meet all yor expectations.
Please feel free to contact me anytime in case i can be of any assistante to you in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was my first stay at 6 Columbus and the price was incredibly fair considering it's a Thompson Hotel. I originally booked the Pod room (which I knew would be small, but I was traveling alone on business and not worried) and they were kind enough to upgrade me to a larger room at check-in.

The bed and bathroom were heavenly (they are always my primary concern), the staff was incredibly friendly, and the location was great (with Columbus Circle and Central Park just steps away).

Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Greg Y

Welcome to the 6 Columbus family!
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your first stay with us. Thank you for your knd words and we are very much looking forward to seeing you more often.

Please dont hesitate to contact me anytime in case i can be of any assistance to you