“Just keep coming back”

6 Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel
Ranked #342 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 30 August 2014

When you are in a big city isn't it great to find somewhere that just makes you feel at home. Every time I come back here the front door staff and the front desk are fantastic. They remember you and the welcome is really special. The Blue Ribbon restaurant is one of the best sushi places in town. Superb upgrade this time to a fantastic penthouse. Thank you everyone at 6 Columbus once again - real home from home

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank iain_anderson
Kristine_Richards, General Manager at 6 Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Iain,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! We are absolutely thrilled to hear that our team makes you feel so at home while traveling in NYC. Our front office staff are really one of a kind & they always go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a memorable experience-- and I'm so happy that you appreciate this!

Thank you again for the kudos-- please let us know next time you're looking to return and our team will take great care of you.

krichards@sixtyhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is the primary hotel I stay at when I'm in NYC! I stay at least once a month and I have never been disappointed. The staff is accommodating helpful and friendly. I couldn't ask for a more well rounded experience in a great location. I truly do not stay anywhere else unless they are sold out and even then I ask to be out on a wait list. It's like home away from home to me!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Alexandria H

Dear Alexandria,

We are elated that you loved our hotel so much! Thank you for staying with us again and again, and thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review. Please reach out to me directly when you are looking to come "home" again and I will ensure our team takes great care of you.

krichards@sixtyhotels.com

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great hotel and staff. Modern and clean and well appointed. The rooms are small and although they range by size so does the cost. I stayed in a queen and even that was small by any account. Very convenient to anything in midtown. Close to Central Park, Lincoln Center, subways etc

Room Tip: Need to get at least a queen size
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LC B

Dear LC,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Having Central Park right across the street from us is definitely one of the most convenient things about our location, you're absolutely right. Our staff is looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very close to Central Park. You pay $45 for 24h parking which is a good value for your money. The service us good. Staff are very courteous and accommodating. Starbucks is just beside this building as well as CVS. Room is clean with a classy style. Will definitely go back if ever I will be in NY again.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank pibi1998
Kristine_Richards, General Manager at 6 Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear pibi1998,

Thank you for writing such a great review about us! We really appreciate your kind words. Our team works very hard to deliver the excellent service you experienced-- so thank you for the kudos. Please let us know when you are looking to stay with us again and we would be more than happy to assist with your reservation.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Maybe I just had high hopes, but this hotel didn't quite meet my expectations. The hotel was nice and service good, however the hotel was very dark and the rooms were dim with no way to light them up well. Additionally the key card to open then door often didn't work and required many tries.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shadowshadi

Dear Shadowshadi,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad that the hotel and our amazing team met your expectiations-- but I do want to apologize for the rest of your stay falling short. I can assure you we do have many 'bright' rooms (and even extra lamps for guests who really want to brighten up their existing setup) and I wish you could have let us know about this during your stay-- we always love to fix guests' issues before they leave us, whenever possible. Thank you, again, for your feedback-- we would love the chance to have you stay with us again when you return to NYC next time, as I'm confident we can really change your mind about us!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

6 Columbus is in the most spectacular location! From the windows of the hotel you can see one of the busiest subway stops in the world, but you won't hear a thing as people scramble every which way in hordes. The room was quiet, and the curtains solid enough to black out all the hubbub. You could enjoy a spacious and elegant room in peace for a while--even take a nap at evening rush hour. Then, when things quiet down, you could stroll out onto 59th street and be in easy walking distance of literally hundreds of restaurants, not to mention the theaters of Times Square and Lincoln Center, and the running paths of Central Park. Quiet, busy and completely safe neighborhood, even for the less than confident traveler. Or, for the more confident, hop on the 1 and go anywhere in Manhattan within 20 minutes. Then, retire to the bar in the Sushi restaurant downstairs to enjoy a nightcap, before going to sleep to start a day of exploring all over again! Staff is not only ostensibly personable, but actually recognize you and ask you friendly questions about your adventures, or offer gentle suggestions for fun to be had. Service requests were handled quickly and with a smile. Great deal for the price--especially for the King suite where we comfortably accommodated 2 couples. We'll be coming back.

Room Tip: The King suite is a great way to accommodate a family of four or two couples. Roomy and private.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CurliQute
Kristine_Richards, General Manager at 6 Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear CurliQute,

Thank you for your amazing review! We are absolutely delighted that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us-- and expressed it so eloquently! Our team truly loves delivering an excellent stay, and we are so happy you all enjoyed your time here. You've really highlighted our favorite things about our hotel and our location.

Please let me know when you are looking to return and I will have our team assist you with your next reservation!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My impression of this hotel is that it is trying to cultivate a nightclub atmosphere and you really need to be a part of that scene to like this hotel very much. The decor is very dark and the rooms are dimly lit with no option of improving the lighting so it isn't everyone's taste. It is a very masculine decor but our room was fine or mostly fine except for plumbing issues.The problem we encountered was with one particular desk clerk who had absolutely no customer service skills. She was very attractive and I'm sure fits in nicely with the nightclub atmosphere so they may want to think of moving her to the bar area after they train her and coach her to smile a bit. We were charged an upgrade fee when I asked if they could give us two beds, or a queen with cot or a King. Most hotels in NYC try to accommodate and don't charge. Now it is annoying to be charged extra but we were myself, husband and daughter and we were given a room with a King bed. The room itself was ok but the toilet wasn't working properly and the sink wasn't draining. They should never put people in a room that isn't ready for guests. Upon reading further reviews I don't think the plumbing issue was the first of it's kind here. My husband spoke to the clerk and asked for another room but she ignored that and said she would send a maintenance guy up. My husband said well that is fine but we want another room, we were anxious to rest a bit after a long drive. The clerk sent the guy to fix the toilet, he was very nice and just went to work as we had to sit through the repairs. My husband called the desk again and asked for the room he had asked for, she was very rude and said she had nothing but a suite and she'd have to charge even more. My husband asked for a manager to call, 20 minutes later he called again to the desk and ended up getting some guy who said he was the manager ( we aren't sure if this was true) and he told him that he wasn't told he needed to call a guest. My husband expressed we weren't happy with this but were basically told that there was nothing they could do. He removed half of the charge from the upgrade fee but it was more about the lack of customer service and how much this annoyance took away from our experience. I notice that the manager seems to respond to the positive reviews only......this is never a good sign. Overall, the hotel was clean and most of the staff were nice, the bellhop, maintenance guy and other desk clerks were very friendly and more in keeping with what we have grown to expect from a nicer hotel in NYC. One more positive note, the shower was great....water pressure is wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for a room which has the toilet and sink, and shower working properly. No guest wan...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen_SB6344FF

Dear Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us fell short of your expectations. I'd like to apologize on behalf of our team for any inconvenience you encountered-- you are absolutely right that you should expect more from us in that regard. I have addressed your room issue with our engineering team and can assure you that this has since been resolved. Thank you for letting the team know.

As for your concern with the room you stayed in; we do have a variety of rooms and suites throughout the hotel. Unfortunately when you're booking, as you did, through a third party website (not through us directly) they don't always allow you the option to select your room type preferences prior to arrival. We absolutely will do our best to accommodate your requests upon arrival-- but it is based on our availability, which is often very limited when you reserve last minute. I always recommend reaching out to our front desk team to reserve directly-- this way we can ensure that your needs are met even prior to your arrival.

Please let me know when you are planning to return to New York City next, and I will ensure we find a room type that suits your family perfectly. We'd love the chance to welcome you back!