Six Columbus - A SIXTY Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$269
Great 4.5/5
US$480
US$401
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$261
US$431
US$397
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$219
US$516
US$416
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$227
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$207
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Breakfast included
1,164 results
All reviewscolumbus circletime warner centerblue ribbon sushipod roomcentral parkwhole foodsthompson hotelgreat locationlincoln centernew yorkheated floorsking suiteboutique hotelan upgraderooms are smallrooftop barbigger room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I just stayed at this hotel with a colleague, and I'm not sure I'd return. Pros were: comfy bed, roomy bathroom with heated floor, great location, friendly & helpful staff, very clean, decent price considering the location and season. Cons: Paper-thin doors with a large gap around the perimeter, which meant that the noisy family staying in the rooms adjacent to mine, who were ordering everything under the sun from room service and the bell hop, and arguing, could be heard all night long. No business center, but the staff printed some things for me. No desk, so it was difficult to work. No place to store luggage--I ended up putting my suitcases in the window, which had a view of nothing. Rooms were small (but that's New York), but the extremely dark decor made them seem even smaller--my friend remarked that it seemed like a ship cabin. For a place that prides itself on being high-end down to the last detail, I was surprised at how they skimped on toiletries--no lotion, and only one bar of soap, which meant I had to use the same bar for showering and washing my hands. A small annoyance, but when you're paying that much at a so-called high-end place, you would expect more.

I switched to The Pod half-way through, which cost a third of 6 Columbus, and even though the room was smaller (I guess that's possible!), I felt more comfortable there because it was very light. The Pod also had ample toiletries, a desk, a great shower (I opted for an in-room bathroom) and FREE wi-fi (whereas it cost $10/day at 6 Columbus). And it was every bit as hip and clean, and only 2 blocks from the metro.

Bottom line--6 Columbus is not good for a business trip, and I probably wouldn't stay there for a personal trip either, especially if I were with my spouse--we would be on top of each other and there wouldn't be enough room to store our belongings--there was barely enough room for just me. If it's hipness you're after, I would stay at the Pod instead, and have several hundred extra dollars in your pocket for fun. 6 Columbus' biggest asset is its location--literally steps from Columbus Circle and Central Park.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Sara D
Reviewed 7 December 2009

We were in town to see South Pacific at Lincoln Center. I chose this hotel because it was within walking distance to Lincoln Center and right across from the Time-Warner Building where we were having dinner (at The Porterhouse). When I called to make the reservation and asked for early check-in, I was told they would do their best. Well, I have to say that they did let us have the room at around 11AM. That was the good part. Now the bad: the room cost us $485 for ONE NIGHT and it was the size of a postage stamp. We quite literally could could barely walk around the bed. There was no room for our one suitcase. We had to store it on top of the very small closet in the room. Also, for some reason there was no top sheet on the bed; just a bottom sheet and a comforter on top. We will not be going back there ever.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annamazing
Reviewed 29 November 2009

Stayed here for my 40th B-Day. Got Studio King Suite for great rate. Very nice and big room, hardwood floors and balcony. Comfortable bed and great shower pressure. 2 elevators in hotel, one was big and the other was barely enough for 2 people with luggage. Bellman and Front desk staff were great and helpfull. Food, Starbucks, train, Whole Foods, Central Park all within steps of hotel. Overall this is great hotel and plan on staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We stayed one night to celebrate a special birthday. We were surprised by an upgrade to a penthouse suite due to a cancellation! The suite was amazing! Clean, very spacious, nice amentities. Everything we could need and if not, the staff was always willing to help with anything you would want or need. The location was awesome, across the street from Central Park and Time Warner Bldg.
The staff at 6 Columbus was young, attentive, courteous, friendly,more than helpful, and very professional. The staff at the hotel made our visit better than expected and we will definately return.
We didn't try the hotel restaurant but did have room service-continental breakfast and it was on time, and very satisfying. Great place to start and end your visit in NYC.
There is a store right at the corner if you forgot anything or want cold drinks/snacks/etc.

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed 1 November 2009

i stayed here for one night. we haggled the price for the room and he put it down by about 60$ . the hotel room is lovely. we got a king room.really clean and big.. loads of room. big bathroom with bath. very comfortable bed. tv ipod dock wardrobe. would recommend this hotel. nice and quiet. reception wer really nice. its a small hotel but conteporary design! but great room.
we had breakfast the next morning in the restaurant and was really nice.
great location