“Great value hotel very near Central Park, lovely historic building.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Belleclaire

Ranked #233 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brighton
“Great value hotel very near Central Park, lovely historic building.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We had a lovely 5 night stay very recently at the Belleclaire. It's a beautiful historic building designed by Emery Roth who also designed the famous St Remo, Eldorado and Beresford apartment blocks along Central Park West. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. Our room had a bit of a draft from one of the windows where there was an air conditioner fitted, but it was not a big problem and we just used some of the cushions to stop the draft. We had access to their media room (which was very useful for printing boarding passes for our return flight) and the gym because of our longer stay. It was a perfect place to stay for our holiday in NYC. The 72nd and 79th Street subway stations were very close and easy to walk to, Central Park is a 10 minute walk away, the famous Zabar's cafe and foodstore and a great Barnes & Noble bookstore are all nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Ana N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Intrepid_brighton,

Very nice! Thank you so much for your great review! We love hearing that you were able to take advantage of our prime location, the value and all amenities that Belleclaire has to offer.

As you kindly mentioned, we are situated in the heart of the Upper West Side; a magnificent, cultural and residential neighborhood that is located steps away from the subway station. Our location offers easy access to various main attractions and locations throughout NYC and steps to some of the best small restaurants and coffee shops in the area.

Again, we truly appreciate the positive review! We hope to see you soon!

Warm Regards,

Anna Nejasmic
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed at the Hotel around Xmas Fall 2012. The lobby bar was still being worked on but everything including the Christmas Tree looked great. The room was small & clean but is what I expected according to all the information I have read about NYC Hotels. The bathroom was tiny but clean.The Location was amazing with a market right around the corner. We walked to Times Square the first day. Also nearby were shopping and food. We were also able to walk to Central Park.
The staff was amazing we had so many questions about the subway and they were more than happy to answer all of our questions each day as we headed out to explore. Hotel was about a block from the Subway station. I did have a Wifi issue with my ipad but I called the support number and they fixed it in an hour. I was able to use the computers (giant new Mac's) in the small lab. I must also say that the charging station in the room was great as well.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Valley Village, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

My daughter is graduating from Teacher's College at Columbia University in May. Finding a hotel room at this late date had been almost impossible until I found the web site for the Hotel Belleclaire. My daughter told me this is a great hotel in a great location. I booked the room on line, but was not able to get a "Columbia Rate". Although my 3 day stay was going to be very costly, it was the best option near the University that I could get. I was willing to splurge since it was such a momentous occasion.

A day later I called the Hotel to ask a question and asked the reservation person if there any rooms available for the Columbia Rate. She asked me to hold while she checked. We were disconnected, but amazingly Brittany (who works at the front desk) called me back. She found a room at the Columbia Rate which was half of what I intended to pay.

The reason for this review is because I am so grateful to Brittany at the Hotel Belleclaire for her willingness to help me in this way. Being able to get this rate with Brittany's help, at this renowned hotel will really enable me to more fully enjoy my stay in NYC with my daughter on this special occasion.

She also connected me to the concierge with my other questions. Wayne, the concierge was also pleasant, informative and helpful. He is going to email me the information I need.

Although I have not even stayed at the Hotel Belleclaire, the first impression that they gave is so welcoming that I cannot wait to be their guest.

I am so appreciative of this first welcoming impression that I wanted everyone who considers Hotel Belleclaire to know about this outstanding guest service.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank PattiK970
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Our room was small but comfortable for sleeping - especially after a day sightseeing. No view, but didn't need one. Clean and tidy with a large shower room en-suite. The bed was really comfy too. Would recommend this hotel. Not sure how bargainous it was but it is New York, so expected it to be expensive!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Excellent location in upper west. Very friendly and efficicient staff. Hotel is clean and well kept.
I loved the hot coffee/tea/chocolate I could have for free every morning before going out, and any time later.
Most reviewers think that the rooms are too small. I would not call them large, but I find the size really adequate, especially in these level of price

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Recently satayed for a 9 day period while attending a short course at Columbia University. Location is excellent, in the upper west side, two blocks away from a subway station (line 1).and close to the west side of the Central Park. Room size is small but enough for one person (difficult to think how to fit more than one piece of luggage into the available wardrobe) but there are many features that make the hotel very attractive: 1) coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available the whole day at the lobby, 2) you can get a daily copy of the New york Times or USA today, 3) there is a media lounge with 3 computers available for free use 4) there is free wifi everywhere at the hotel facilities. Overall, I had a very pleasent stay at this hotel..

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms always helps
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DavidC66
Ana N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear DavidC66,

Thank you for spending 9 days at Hotel Belleclaire!! We really appreciate the time you took telling us about your experience at Hotel Belleclaire. We are very happy with your comments regarding our wonderful location, media lounge and our ammenities. Is true that it’s in an excellent location, just a stone throw away from Central Park and is situated in a friendly neighborhood on the Upper West Side, were there are lots of bars, restaurants, shops and places and which is very appreciated by our guests.

We appreciate your business and we certainly look forward to welcoming you again soon at Belleclaire. If we could be of any assistance in your future plans, please do not hesitate to contact our reservations department directly at reservations@hotelbelleclaire.com or call (877) 468-3522.

Warm Regards,

Anna Nejasmic
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com
Oranjestad, Aruba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Family trip to NYC. Staff is very helpful. Great location. Rooms a little bit small. But I guess it is NYC after all. Subway station just 2 blocks away. Lots of nice places around to walk, eat and shop.

• Stayed March 2013