First visit to NYC, (didn't want to stay in a busy tourist trap.) This hotel is 2 streets away from a subway on the 1 line. Great location. There is a supermarket on the corner, which also sells food to takeaway. There are many cafes, bars and restaurants scattered around this area, just walk up or down Broadway. Zabars is 3 streets up, a must for bagels and gourmet food.
The staff in this hotel are friendly and helpful. Our room was cleaned everyday. There is a cafe serving good quality teas and coffees in the lobby. Our transport didn't arrive to return us to the airport and the staff were very helpful in ringing (a few times) the company Super Shuttle to arrange collection. When they still didn't arrive the staff immediately called a taxi for us so we wouldn't miss our flight. I would return to this hotel. We asked for a quiet room, but don't think any rooms in Manhattan can block out the noise of sirens.The room was on the small side but think this is normal in New York and we were out most of the time. However, the bed was extremely comfortable. There was a small closet for clothes which housed the safe and a iron and ironing board. The hotel offered laundry and room service. There is also a small gym onsite and a computer room which we used to check in our return flights and print our boarding passes. There is also free wifi throughout the hotel. We used the 79 subway everyday and the ticket lady in 79 street was helpful in getting to places not on the 1 line. The restaurants and cafes in this area are used by locals not tourists so not only is the service good but the food is very good too. We visited Taste, Gigi's cafe, Viand, French Roast and Shake Shack all within a few minutes walk. We also walked from the hotel to Columbus circle a few times. Almost forgot, the hotel is located 5 mins walk from Central Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by an eclectic array of cultural offerings, Hotel Belleclaire combines classic charm with modern conveniences in a landmark building designed by Emery Roth in 1903. Suitable for business and leisure guests, our Upper West Side hotel is ideally located near iconic New York attractions including Beacon Theatre, The American Museum of Natural History, Central Park and Lincoln Center. Additionally, the avenues surrounding the hotel contain some of the most prominent boutiques, restaurants and bars in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Belleclaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belleclaire Hotel New York City
- Hotel Belleclaire New York