Lovely hotel in a comparatively quiet area of New York.
As expected the room was small but clean and nicely decorated. I would have liked is a rug/carpet in the room (after a long day's walking something soft would have been lovely! )
Secondly, a cold draft came through what could only be described as the air conditioning unit (which formed the lower part of the window) This was, however, easily rectified by putting the blinds down. Also, the radiator was either stone cold or burning hot. The weather was mild for December, but it could have been worse had it been sub-zero temperatures.
Having said that, the staff were helpful and accommodating, and the hotel served its purpose well enough. As a bonus, the complimentary umbrellas were fantastic, as was the urn of ice tea and water in the lobby.
Overall a pleasant stay :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by an eclectic array of cultural offerings, Hotel Belleclaire combines classic charm with modern conveniences in a landmark building designed by Emery Roth in 1903. Suitable for business and leisure guests, our Upper West Side hotel is ideally located near iconic New York attractions including Beacon Theatre, The American Museum of Natural History, Central Park and Lincoln Center. Additionally, the avenues surrounding the hotel contain some of the most prominent boutiques, restaurants and bars in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Belleclaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belleclaire Hotel New York City
- Hotel Belleclaire New York