Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
The Milburn Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
The Amsterdam Inn(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Beacon(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Riverside Tower Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Inn New York City(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Excelsior Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Olcott(New York City)
  • Room Service
3,915 results
All reviewsupper west sidecentral parkgreat locationfamily suitenew yorkmuseum of natural historytwo blocksshared bathroomhardwood floorslincoln centeraround the cornerstreet noisehudson riversubway stoptimes squaremini fridgeflat screen tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first real visit to NYC, and this hotel and location were just about perfect. It's close to Broadway and Amsterdam dining options as well as a couple subway stops. The room was small, but clean and quieter than most hotels I've been to. The price was also reasonable, at least by New York standards.

There was a problem with our reservation but the staff member who handled it did so quickly and courteously. What little interaction I had with the rest of the staff was also positive. The only complaint I have is the mini-bar, which had ridiculously high prices.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brennon C
Anna N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Atarukun,

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us here at Hotel Belleclaire. Thank you for your great review and your comments about our value, cleanliness, and the service from our staff; I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. Thank you for letting us know that there was an element of your stay that you found needed improvement (mini bar). I notice as well your mention about the convenient location of our Hotel Belleclaire. Is true that it’s in a perfect location, just a stone throw away from Central Park and is situated in a friendly neighborhood on the Upper West Side, where there are lots of restaurants, bars, shops and places and which is very appreciated by our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at the Hotel Belleclaire!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a week and this was my first time to New York. I found the location perfect as it was close to Central Park, easy to get around walking or by subway and also didn't feel to loud or busy. The price was reasonable. Free wifi. No restaurant but the coffee cart downstairs made good coffee, there are plenty of restaurants near by and there is free tea available in the lobby when the coffee cart isn't open. My only complaint is our room was too hot, even with the heat turned off and window open the room was uncomfortably hot at times especially at night. I would stay here again next time

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank amyfreddo

Dear Amyfreddo,

Thank you for your great review! The exceptional quality of personal service and amenities are the hotel’s signature approach. As you kindly mention, we provide complimentary high speed wi-fi access. I love hearing that you were able to take advantage of Hotel Belleclaire, conveniently located near Central Park and just two blocks away from the subway train station and steps to some of the best small restaurants and coffee shops. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay . This certainly will be addressed and we will take proactive measures to avoid this issue in the future for a more pleasant, restful visit. If we could be of any assistance in your future plans, please do not hesitate to contact our reservations department at 1-877-468-3522 or reservations@hotelbelleclaire.com. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I've been at the Belleclaire for the first (and I guess the last) time for six nights. Room's price was inviting, but as you all know everything comes at a price and this time it was an old micro-bathroom and a total absence of sound proofing of the room. We booked a Brodway king that actually was a nice, spacious room, but as I wrote before, the noise was unbelievable. At night it seemed tha cars, taxi, police and every kind of transportations vehicle was in our room (and we were at eight floor!!). Our room had four windows and none of those had a decent closing, so we enjoyed a very efficient ventilation system. Let's say that fresh air was never a problem. But the real nightmare was the bathroom: old and microbic (way smaller than Hudson hotel small bathroom) honestly was unacceptable. On the other hand staff was kind, but let's say this is not the kind of place you want to spend time in. Lobby design was nice, but nothing special. I don't think I'll go at this hotel next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carlo_Milan_Italy

Dear Carlo Milan Italy,

I am sorry that you had a less than exceptional experience and that there were a few elements of your stay that you found needed improvement. We have brought this matter to the attention of our General Manager, Mr. Scott Geres. In case you would personally want to discuss with Mr. Geres, please feel free to contact him directly by calling (212) 706-4469 or email: sgeres@hotelbelleclaire.com. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great location and staff was very friendly. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Can't wait to stay here again. Very roomy for New York City standards. Close walking to many attractions and restaurants. Love love........

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lisa E,

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing the positive review! I’m pleased to read your appraisal of our team, the comfort, cleanliness, services, and the very kind remarks and recognition of our staff’s efforts. It’s great to hear you took advantage of the prime location in the heart of the Upper West. Again, we truly appreciate the positive review! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a very convenient hotel in Uptown New York. The staff were friendly and the necessary upgrade my Mum and I needed was given freely. We both loved the vicinity and the beds were comfortable. The room was larger than we expected and the bathroom was modern and clean.
On the whole the hotel was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Drnklawyer

Dear Drnklawyer,

Very nice! Thank you so much for your great review! We love hearing that you were able to take advantage of our prime location, the appraisal of our team, the value, comfort, cleanliness, and all amenities that Hotel Belleclaire has to offer. We really appreciate your business, and hope to welcome you back soon. If we could be of any assistance in your future plans, please do not hesitate to contact our reservations department at 1-877-468-3522 or reservations@hotelbelleclaire.com.

Best Regards,