My partner and I stayed at the Hotel Belleclaire and we were really impressed. The staff are super polite and the beds and shower were of a great standard. We were a bit nervous about staying here as there had been some mixed reviews and people complaining of noise/slow lifts/ other elements. Breakfast is a pastry and tea/coffee. Good selection of pastries on offer including a toasted bagel and cream cheese- completely fine for a 3* hotel. Good coffee.
We were positioned on the 6th floor at the back so no outside noise at all. No great view to admire but who really cares? We aren't the type to stay in the hotel all day, we were out and about exploring so the view wasn't on our list of priorities. Perhaps request a room with a view to avoid disappointment. The room had a fully working and effective air-con which was welcome as it was quite hot outside. Nice and hot power shower.
The Subway is super close and there's a lovely little street fair on Sundays to wander through. Close proximity to Central Park made for a nice afternoon having a picnic etc and a little morning jog!
My boyfriend proposed while we were there so the complementary red wine and chocolate was a lovely and unexpected touch. Umbrellas were also available to loan on the rainy days which was useful!
We would definitely stay at Hotel Belleclaire again. If you're planning a busy week in New York and need a clean and comfortable to come back to- not extreme luxury- but a clean and comfortable, well located hotel... this is the one for you! We stayed for 5 nights and truly enjoyed our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by an eclectic array of cultural offerings, Hotel Belleclaire combines classic charm with modern conveniences in a landmark building designed by Emery Roth in 1903. Suitable for business and leisure guests, our Upper West Side hotel is ideally located near iconic New York attractions including Beacon Theatre, The American Museum of Natural History, Central Park and Lincoln Center. Additionally, the avenues surrounding the hotel contain some of the most prominent boutiques, restaurants and bars in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Splitty, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Belleclaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belleclaire Hotel New York City
- Hotel Belleclaire New York