This will be my first negative review for trip advisor. I stayed here in February of 2013, so maybe things have improved.
The price was fantastic. The location was residential with a subway stop just a block over. Not much going on in this part of town, but I walk a lot and knew my way around the city. I was looking for a great price!
My fist room looked great! Then, I started looking. There was toothpaste on my faucet from the previous tenant. The toothpaste was also on the wall and mirror around the sink. There was hair in the tub and spots of who knows what on the bathroom floor. The dust was so thick in the bedroom area it was ridiculous. I moved a lamp and it left a mark on the table from the dust. The desk chair had food on it. Actual food on it. The floor was disgusting. I paid extra for a view room. I asked if it was worth it and they told me YeS! The view was of the corner of the street where they were doing very loud construction all day. No view......I went downstairs and they moved me to another room.......
Of course I started looking around as soon as I got in. The bathroom was just as disgusting as the previous one. There was BLOOD on the shower curtain! BLOOD! The bathrooms are all tiled. Tiled walls, tile everywhere. Tile with toothpaste, urine, and who knows what else. The floor in the bedroom was dusty, visible dust balls. Again dust all over the tables, lamps, everything.
The manager came to the room and confirmed all that I saw. They sent up housekeeping to clean the room, bathroom, and change the shower curtain. Unfortunately, I still could not stay there. I was too grossed out and the room was incredibly loud! I mean behind normal street noise loud.
They moved me to another room and all was quiet and clean.........why didn't I get this room to begin with?
Elevator is tiny. Don't bring large suitcase.
Upon checkout, they had the nerve to charge me for the view room. Which I didn't have in the end, and especially after all my problems. I was flabbergasted they were argue over the charge, he ended up taking it off.
Overall, horrible experience. Will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by an eclectic array of cultural offerings, Hotel Belleclaire combines classic charm with modern conveniences in a landmark building designed by Emery Roth in 1903. Suitable for business and leisure guests, our Upper West Side hotel is ideally located near iconic New York attractions including Beacon Theatre, The American Museum of Natural History, Central Park and Lincoln Center. Additionally, the avenues surrounding the hotel contain some of the most prominent boutiques, restaurants and bars in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Belleclaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belleclaire Hotel New York City
- Hotel Belleclaire New York