“Not good.”

Ranked #234 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not good.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This will be my first negative review for trip advisor. I stayed here in February of 2013, so maybe things have improved.

The price was fantastic. The location was residential with a subway stop just a block over. Not much going on in this part of town, but I walk a lot and knew my way around the city. I was looking for a great price!

My fist room looked great! Then, I started looking. There was toothpaste on my faucet from the previous tenant. The toothpaste was also on the wall and mirror around the sink. There was hair in the tub and spots of who knows what on the bathroom floor. The dust was so thick in the bedroom area it was ridiculous. I moved a lamp and it left a mark on the table from the dust. The desk chair had food on it. Actual food on it. The floor was disgusting. I paid extra for a view room. I asked if it was worth it and they told me YeS! The view was of the corner of the street where they were doing very loud construction all day. No view......I went downstairs and they moved me to another room.......

Of course I started looking around as soon as I got in. The bathroom was just as disgusting as the previous one. There was BLOOD on the shower curtain! BLOOD! The bathrooms are all tiled. Tiled walls, tile everywhere. Tile with toothpaste, urine, and who knows what else. The floor in the bedroom was dusty, visible dust balls. Again dust all over the tables, lamps, everything.

The manager came to the room and confirmed all that I saw. They sent up housekeeping to clean the room, bathroom, and change the shower curtain. Unfortunately, I still could not stay there. I was too grossed out and the room was incredibly loud! I mean behind normal street noise loud.

They moved me to another room and all was quiet and clean.........why didn't I get this room to begin with?

Elevator is tiny. Don't bring large suitcase.

Upon checkout, they had the nerve to charge me for the view room. Which I didn't have in the end, and especially after all my problems. I was flabbergasted they were argue over the charge, he ended up taking it off.

Overall, horrible experience. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Teresa W
Anna N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Teresa W,

Thank you for writing a review about the Hotel Belleclaire. Your feedback is essential to our success! I apologize for the negative experiences that you encountered during your visit in 2013 and that there were a few elements of your stay that you found needed improvement. This certainly will be addressed and we will take proactive measures to avoid this issue in the future for a more pleasant, restful visit. Please be kindly advised, in addition to our newly renovated and pristine lobby, we have renovated over half of our guest room bathrooms in the last year. All bathrooms will feature newly renovated and modern floor to ceiling glass enclosed showers, tasteful espresso vanities, and a splash of white stonewash tiles. Between our location and our recent renovations, we are confident that we will have a successful product.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Always there to help, Left my cell phone on the table and staff saved it until I got back to retrieve it. Save my day and trip!! Front desk, bellmen, and staff go out of their way to make sure everything is OK.

Dear Dave H,

Thank you for the very positive review. I’m delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services, and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sherman
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Horrible experience all around. Air unit is not inclosed so the window was open all night Room 900 avoid. Staff would not return calls when something was left in the room. Lot of money for a bad hotel

Thank Howard F. D
Dear Howard F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the Hotel Belleclaire. Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have alerted our staff and will take proactive measures to avoid this issue in the future. We have brought this matter to the attention of our General Manager, Mr. Scott Geres. In case you would personally want to discuss with Mr. Geres, please feel free to contact him directly by calling (212) 706-4469 or email: sgeres@hotelbelleclaire.com. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Beautiful building, well-maintained and clean. Great location for walking around and exploring. Service was meh....not terrible or extraordinary. Concierge provided a lousy restaurant recommendation. X

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chachajul,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the Hotel Belleclaire. As you kindly mentioned about the great location, it is true, Hotel Belleclaire is situated in the heart of the Upper West Side; a magnificent, cultural and residential neighborhood that is located steps away from the subway station. Our location offers easy access to various main attractions and locations throughout NYC. Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We have alerted our staff and will take proactive measures to avoid this issue in the future, for a more pleasant and restful visit.

Fort Worth
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel had a European feel. I like the smaller hotels due to the level of attention that could be afforded should I need.
As a hopeless romantic, the history of the hotel and those who had previously stayed there helped me draw an affinity for the hotel.

Dear Bob A,

Thank you for your great review! The exceptional quality of personal service and amenities are the hotel’s signature approach. As you kindly mentioned, Hotel Belleclaire is a charming hotel, rich in history! If we could be of any assistance in your future plans, please do not hesitate to contact our reservations department at 1-877-468-3522 or reservations@hotelbelleclaire.com. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Made a reservation as part of a room block for a conference, which was two days. I only was there for a day and made my reservation for a night. They assumed since I was I the block that I would be there both nights. They chastised me upon check in for "missing" a night and then refused to refund me, despite me having been across the country.

All staff have a chip in their shoulder.

Cafe area was filthy. Tables unbussed.

Ac didn't work.

Mold on shower.

1 Thank TNTo
Anna N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear TNTo,

Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. However, our staff managers were in touch with you to resolve the situation, despite having to follow our hotel cancellation policy. According to our records, one night room and tax has been refunded to you, prior to this review. We have brought this matter to the attention of our General Manager, Mr. Scott Geres. In case you would personally want to discuss with Mr. Geres, please feel free to contact him directly by calling (212) 706-4469 or email: sgeres@hotelbelleclaire.com. We hope to welcome you again in the future for a more pleasant, restful visit.

Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is NYC so your expectations have to match the destination. Yes, the room was small, but had everything we needed, including a mini-fridge. We were on the go all day so really only needed a bed and a shower. On the few occasions we interacted with the staff, they were very eager to make our stay special. Check in was very quick and there is complimentary tea and water in the lobby. That is nice because there isn't a restaurant or snack bar on site. The location is great - very close to many dining/shopping options and only two blocks to the subway. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nixmomntx
Dear nixmomntx,

We truly appreciate the very kind and positive review of your stay at the Hotel Belleclaire! The exceptional quality of personal service and amenities are the hotel’s signature approach. I’m pleased to read your appraisal of our team, the value, services, and the very kind remarks and recognition of our staff’s efforts. It’s great to hear you took advantage of the prime location in the heart of the Upper West and as you already kindly mention, Hotel Belleclaire is located two blocks away from the subway train station and steps to some of the best small restaurants and coffee shops. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.