The Iroquois New York
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$381
US$364
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$192
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
3,995 results
All reviewstriomphe restaurantsmall luxury hotelnew yorktimes squaremolton brown toiletriesgreat locationhot ciderthe red flame dinerbryant parkquiet streetturn down servicefifth avenuegrand central stationrockefeller centermidtown manhattanhome away from hometwo blocks
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here when we went to NYC for our Anniversary. We booked a king executive room. All of these types of rooms are in the back of the bulding, which doesn't do much for a view, but it does stay a little quieter since you're not right on the street. They do have two room family suites in the front of the bulding, which I understand if you get the right room, you can see the Chrystler Building.

The hotel is in an AMAZING location. NYC is a very walkable city, but where this hotel is located took it beyond that. We were only a couple of blocks away from all the major sights. Times Square was extremely close, 5th avenue was at the end of the street, numerous parks right down the street too. Not to mention a great selection and choice of fine quality, average Joe, and street food establishments. The hotel is also very closely located to all the major subway lines going up and down the island, as well as across the river to Queens.

If subways aren't for you, central park and several of the museums are well within walking distance....it will take you a little while to get there (traffic, people, distance), but we made it from this hotel to central park in about 30-40 minutes.

This should also help for the ladies...the hotel was close enough to the theater district, my wife and I went to see The Lion King, fully dressed (we had a "fancy" dinner before the show) in suit, dresses, and my wife in her high heels. She made the walk with much ease.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Since this is a smaller boutique hotel they get to know their guests. The rooms are nicely furnished and provide an ample resting area for your many adventures you are sure to have in NYC.

My wife and I had a HUGE delay on our way to NYC due to weather, but the staff was ready and willing to help us get situated once we arrived. We didn't get in until almost 10pm and I figured it would be a ghost town, we'd have to beg to get the room we requested, etc. Much to my surprise, they had our room we asked for, a staffed front desk, and a bellhop to help with our luggage. It might as well have been the middle of the day with the service we received.

We were very hungry after our long day of travel and we were able to order some room service right when we got to our room, and it was delivered VERY quickly. I have to say, though, that $80 for some crabcakes and a burger was a little much for my taste, but we were STARVING!!!

The next morning we decided to visit the little cafe in the hotel lobby for breakfast. Again, the food was good, but the price was way too much. This would be the last meal we had in our hotel. One, because of the price, but also because there were so many great places around the hotel to get less expenssive food. I recommend this diner right on the corner by the hotel....I beleive it was called the red flame diner or something like that. It's really good whatever it is called, haha! We had breakfast there every day and you could tell it was alocal place that real New Yorkers went to. The prices were outstanding and you got A LOT of food.

Overall, I think that this hotel provided an excellent place for my wife and I to enjoy our honeymoon and it was the cherry on top of our time in NYC.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Thank you for your detailed review and for choosing us to share in your anniversary celebration. I am very glad to know you enjoyed your time with us and the location we're in. Our room service and daily breakfast are both provided by our highly acclaimed French American restaurant, Triomphe. Triomphe has earned an esteemed "24" Zagat rating which we are extremely proud and they have just welcomed Jason Tilmann as Executive Chef. Chef Tilmann has a reputation for being one of the most talented chefs in New York City, and we are excited for him to be with us. Again, thank you for your reflection on your stay with us. And we hope to welcome you back for a future anniversary. -Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 29 July 2011

The Iroquois was in a great location, a short walk to so many sights such as Central Park, The Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station and Times Square.
Our room was very good, clean, well proportioned and reasonably quiet (no traffic noise).
The staff were very friendly and helpful, in particular Vanessa, the concierge, who even found us a dentist!
We used the diner a few doors down for breakfast which was really good and would highly recommend Virgil's Real BBQ which is only a block away.
Our only minor criticism was that our room "key" seldom worked first time, even although we changed it twice.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel with no traffic noise although the a/c units outside could be heard
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay at the Iroquois NY. I will definitely pass the compliment to Vanessa who is a great asset to our team. I am happy to know you fully used her services while you were with us. I apologize for the trouble with your room key. We are in the process of inspecting and cleaning all our key locks to insure a situation like this won't occur again. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon! -Caroline Lakin, Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I recently stayed at the Iroquois during a business trip to NYC. The location of the hotel is phenomenal. Its located in Midtown, accessible to all the attractions and wonderful shopping that NYC has to offer. Its part of the Small Luxury Hotel group so that is alwasy reassuring!

The week I was in NYC was one of the hottest times ever. Temps reached over 100 and the heat on the street was unbearable. The first night I checked in, the room was extremely hot and the thermostat was off. I called the front desk and they sent someone up to check it out. All they did was move the thermometer to 50 degrees. This did absolutely nothing. I tossed and turned all night and was only able to sleep for 2 hours due to the intense heat. After several complaints, I was told that someone would be up in my room by 8:30am the next morning to correct the problem. Noone appeared until I had to once again call and complain about the situation. This was after my 5th phone call! I was never offered to switch to another room and no additional amenity was sent for my inconvenience. Although they claim to have "fixed" the issue it was still very warm in the room and somewhat uncomfortable throughout my entire stay.

On a positive note, the bellmen were extremely helpful and the concierge was very knowledgable. Its a great cozy property and once again great location if only they can get their AC on the ball... :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We will come back, whenever in NY, it was great.
Lars & Sabine
Sweden

Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed at the Iroquois during the hottest weekend in July. The jar of iced citrus water at the door was the perfect introduction to the guest-focused service that makes this hotel so great. The location of the hotel could not be better, right in the heart of midtown Manhattan.
The staff was very helpful and patiently answered all our questions.