“Great location, central but not crazy.”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #37 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Great location, central but not crazy.”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

This boutique hotel is a great choice for a holiday in New York. It's central location makes it easy to walk to so many landmarks and places of interest, including shopping! (Fifth Avenue is at the end of the street.) The subway is close by, and this is a reliable way to travel if you don't want to walk or you are travelling a bit further, say to Battery Park or even Brooklyn or Harlem.
The hotel itself is very comfortable and clean, a welcome base at the end of a long day sightseeing. It's surprisingly quiet considering that Times Square is only a couple of blocks away. Don't forget to speak to Vanessa, the head concierge, who is endlessly helpful and friendly. And look out for the charming doorman, a young guy with a bald head, who always has a big smile and a greeting.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Dear AustralianWilltravel,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Iroquois Hotel. I am glad to hear you found our location perfect and our rooms quiet. We have taken several steps to make our rooms as comfortable as possible for our guests; one of which was the installation of soundproof glass. I will share your kind words with Vanessa, we are truly grateful to have her on our team!

Robert Holmes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed at the Iroquois September 3rd - 6th, 2011. We were smart and joined the Gold Club and I think they gave us a deluxe room upgrade. The room is large compared to other New York hotels and modern even though it is a historic hotel. The bathroom shower was so great, perfect water pressure. The linens were comfy, bed a little firm for my taste, but my friend liked it. The staff was wonderful! The concierge that was there helped us tremendously. I would totally stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dear smileDoc7,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you took part in our Gold Guest Program. This is a great way to get early access to specials, redeem reward points for upgrades, free stays etc. I will certainly share your kind words to our concierge team.

We look forward to your return to the Iroquois!
General Manger
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Great hotel, lovely staff, rooms were beautiful and the loation couldn't be better!

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Goalie2011,

Thank you for sharing your kind words about your recent stay at the Iroquois Hotel. I will share your kind words with our staff here. It is always a pleasure to hear!

We look forward to your return visit to the Iroquois Hotel.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Enjoyed everything about the stay but the staff make it. Excellent concierges, bellman, receptionist.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear ckp59,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Iroquois Hotel. Glad to hear of your overall impressions of our staff. We strive to exceed all guests' expectations and I am truly pleased to hear of your experience!

We look forward to your return visit to the Iroquois Hotel.

Havertown, PA
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Really enjoyed it here. Just steps from Madison Avenue. Quiet street but close to action. Rooms are small, but so are most rooms in Manhattan, but probably typical of NYC rooms. Found it quiet, clean, and very pretty. Got a great rate in January (I think around $200/night). Would love to come back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Amt71,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Iroquois Hotel. Great to hear you found our location great and a good value. We do have the best of both worlds here...quiet side street and walking distance to Times Square.

Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to your return visit!
Dartmouth,N.S.
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We just came back from a 5 day/4 night stay st The Iroquois. We loved it! The suite we stayed in was lovely.;plenty large for my husband,myself and our two," twenty-something" daughters. It was just perfect for all of us. The concierge was very helpful and all the staff were helpful and pleasant. My only negative comment is regarding the restaurant, Triomphe. Specifically, parts of the beef tenderloin I ordered were so tough that I couldn't cut through them! For the first time in my life, I complained and was surprised that there was no effort at all to address my complaint- disappointing for such a highly acclaimed restaurant!
Nevertheless we enjoyed our stay at The Iroquois greatly and will stay there again if we have the opportunity.

Room Tip: suite was wonderful for 4 people
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Toronto
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I chose this hotel for its proximity to Times square and Broadway and I am happy that I made the right decision as it turned out to be one of the nicest hotels in that area. My wife, her sister and our two kids stayed there for three nights and they enjoyed the room, the service and the proximity very much. As per my wife the concierge (Alan) did everything in his power and knowledge to help them around the city. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all others seeking a good hotel in the best area of NY.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Toronto_traveller88

thank you for sharing your experience at the Iroquois hotel! I am truly pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and will share your kind words with Alan. We are quite grateful to have him as part of our team!

We look forward to your return,