“boutiqe style hotel great location,amenities and service”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #37 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 September 2011

ideal location [50 yards away from the famous Sofitel] best linen and towels [Frette], very clean , attentive reception,free water in the lobby all day and coffee in the morning.we were there with 2 more familiy members for 7 nights and had very comfortable suites. this hotel gave our NY exprience a boost. we will be back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

I am so happy to know we were able to give your trip a "boost"! Thank you for sharing your experience. We will look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Iroquois another time. Take care, Caroline Lakin, Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for The Iroquois New York

Reviewed 22 September 2011

A great position, clean rooms with undated bathrooms, professional friendly staff ready to assist.
The Iroquois staff could not be more helpful 'the weekend' NYC shut down (still cannot believe it) when a hurricane was threatening. Staff went out of their way catering for our many needs over this weekend which was way beyond their normal duties. Thank you and well done!

Room Tip: room was very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen G

Thank you for this review and your encouragement. The "hurricane weekend" was certainly an experience to remember, and I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff who stayed in the hotel that weekend for three days straight. I am glad to know despite the obstacles, you still enjoyed your stay. I hope next time you stay with us it will be clear and sunny skies! Thank you again. -Caroline Lakin, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I visited have this hotel on various occasaions and have noted some deterioration over the past 6 years.

Specifically:

1) a rather curt attitude anmmong thr staff (and

I have stayed at this hotel frequently over that past six years and have noticed a regrettable decline in quality during that period!

Specifically:

1) A torrent of rust when I turned on the whirlpool jets in the bathroom resulting in a torrent of rust and a need to drain the bathtub with the resultant shameful waste of water. (and a crack in the bathtub for good measure.)

2) A room service receptionist (telephonist) who chastised us for ordering a pot of coffee at 9 am when there was coffee available in the lobby (she wanted me to cavort naked in the lobby to recharge my coffee addiction??)

3) No room service for breakfast, except for crappy continental??? - sacrilege!! And we were reminded that the kitchen closes at 10:30 am for breakfast when we breezed in at 10:15 am. We knew that.

4) Replace the cushions on the couches....pleeeeeez!!

Still a good hotel.... downgraded one notch to 4 stars from 5.

Room Tip: Smile at the front desk clerks!!
1  Thank John M

Dear nappieb,

First and foremost I want to thank you for your continued loyalty to the Iroquois. We truly value our repeat guests and their feedback. I am saddened to know your last stay did not stand up to the level of service you have come to know and expect from our property. Please be assured we will resolve the issues mentioned in this review. I am honestly very surprised by this review, as our Trip Advisor ranking is higher than it ever was in the last six years and showing more positive reviews from ever before. Please do not hesitate contacting me directly at clakin@iroquoisny.com, and I will make sure your next stay is worthy of your original five star ranking. Thank you again for your feedback. -Caroline Lakin, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 19 September 2011

By New York hotel standards this one is a gem. Very clean rooms, with a professional staff ready to assist you with any requests. Bathrooms are updated and they take the time to orient you to hotel. The reports are correct that the thermostat on the wall really doesn't work like a normal thermostat, and apparently the hotel has heard the critic and make it a point to explain how to adjust the temperature in the room. We were lucky to have a room with a window air conditioner so our experience was fine. Our only regret was that we didn't have enough time to try the restaurant but with so many choices within in walking distance we didn't mind. It is a nice sized boutique hotel you can't go wrong with.

Room Tip: Watch for online specials
1  Thank KCSpike61
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your compliments/ critiques and are sure to take it all into consideration. For next time, I really do urge you to visit our restaurant Triomphe. It is highly acclaimed and we are very proud to have it. I also invite you to our new cocktail salon called Lantern's Keep, which provides a cocktail experience like no other. We'll look forward to welcoming you next time! -Caroline Lakin, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 16 September 2011

First stay at this storied hotel. Rooms are very nice and well kept daily. Some are on the small side, but not much of an issue when in NYC. Wifi worked well. Elevators never seemed to be much of a wait.
Easy walk to Times Square , Bryant Park, Grand Central and other spots in this area. No problems or safety concerns even at late night hours following strolls to Times Square.
As others indicated, the staff goes out of their way to be helpful in all respects. Ideas for a restaurant, locations to see, ways to get there - they'll help. One in house matter came up during our visit; the AC in the room was not working. Immediately sent maintenance up to try to resolve. When that didn't work, immediately set us up in another (cooler) room.
If it was good enough for James Dean, it's good enough for me. Book it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Cigarion,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Iroquois Hotel. I am happy to hear you found our staff helpful and location great. I am disappointed to hear you had a problem with your ac unit but pleased to know our staff resolved the problem immediately. I apologize for any inconvenience.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I am often in NYC and I have stayed at numerous hotels around the city and this is one of my favourites! I find the staff to be friendly and helpful. Also, the location is really great for both shopping, meeting friends and sightseeing. I always recommend this hotel. It is a bit pricey, but I feel like you get what you are paying for, which is not always the case in NYC.

Room Tip: I just book whatever their basic room is and I have always been pleased with it.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Dear Kelly 186338,

Thank you for taking a moment to review the Iroquois Hotel. I am happy to hear you found our staff helpful. Our goal to exceed all guests' expectations and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Our 3 day stay at the Iroquois Hotel was perfect. Concierge Alan went out of his way to remedy a transportation problem we encountered. Alan and Vanessa were always so pleasant and helpful in giving directions and information. We found the hotel to be very clean and tastefully furnished. Complimentary coffee in the lobby was a BIG PLUS. There was never any noise from the street or the hallway. The front desk staff and the doormen were also very friendly and helpful. Great location. We highly recommend the Iroquois and will surely stay there again when we return to NYC,

Dear jmb4534,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Iroquois. I will share your feedback about Alan and Vanessa...our Concierge Team. I am sure they will be happy to hear your kind words!

We look forward to your return to the Iroquois!