“Everything was Perfect!”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #43 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This was my second stay at The Iroquois and, as with my first visit, everything was perfect! I stayed for three nights over the recent Columbus Day weekend.
The location couldn't be better. It's convenient to everything and right off Times Square.
The bed is one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in.
The room and bathroom were spotless! They give you Molton Brown toiletries - shampoo, lotion, etc. - which are an added bonus, because those products are wonderful. And there were nice, comfy bathrobes as well. Also an added bonus: the in-room safe, which was really easy to use.
Every single staff member that I had contact with over those three days couldn't have been nicer. From the desk staff to the bellmen, everyone was super nice and very professional.
The room was small, but they're all small in NYC and I've been in smaller. Plus the room was laid out very well and there was plenty of room in the bathroom.
The only reason I don't stay here more often is that it is often a bit pricey and you can't have more than two people in a room. So if you're going with a family, this would be out unless you book two rooms.
This time, everything was overpriced for Columbus Day weekend and I happened to get a special price through the travel site I booked with and I jumped at it.
I highly recommend The Iroquois.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jetsfan001
Write a ReviewReviews (3,844)

Reviewed 19 October 2011

Spent three nights at The Iroquois. The stay was great. Our room had NO view, but it was oh so quiet.

Two elevators made getting out easier. The in-room safe was easy to use and made me feel more secure leaving my valuables.

The location was so convenient. Right off Fifth Avenue, near Times Square, walking distance to Central Park. We used the Times Square subway to get around.

The concierge helped our party navigate the city and scored hard-to-get tickets.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My mum and I were staying at the hotel for two nights in October. I was told ahead of time, that hotel rooms in NY are generally small so I did not expect too much at arrival. The rooms are small but very nicely furnished. The linen is so comfy, the towels and bathrobe extremely fluffy and all in all the room very clean and comfortable. Most people are in the room to sleep only anyway, so no need for a huge room. The shower gel etc. are from MoltonBrown so very good quality and they smell great. The little bar serves nice cocktails in the evening and they also have a business center where you can use the internet free of charge. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and always quick to offer help, if you looked like you need something. The Concierge was a great help as well. I had tried to get tickets for the new World Trade Center memorial prior to our trip but it was fully booked. The lady at the concierge desk got me tickets. She also explained very well everything else we needed to know.
The hotel itself is in an excellent location, walking distance to Time Square, Rockefeller Center, Broadway, Fifth Ave, ...
Would certainly recommend this place to anybody interested going to NY.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bellalinchen
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Due to never ending delays during the day, we arrived in NY hours after we were supposed to, just after midnight. We didn't arrive at the Iroquois until 1:30am, and i was very suprised to be greeted by a doorman and such early morning hours. He helped us retrieve our bags from the cab, and insisted on taking them inside for us and up to our room. We then met Alex at the front desk, and his level of courtesy and professionalism was unlike anything I had ever experienced in a Hotel before. He not only checked us in quickly, but made us comfortable in knowing that if we needed anything he would do everything to get it for us. We went to our room, incredibly tired and got to fall on one of the most comfortable king size beds I have slept in for years. The bathroom was spacious, clean, and it was obvious the staff there pays very close attention to detail. Overall, one of the best hotel stays imaginable. Would definitely go back and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin C
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear Kevin C,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Iroquois Hotel. I was truly glad to hear of your impressions of Alex and our door attendant on duty. Our staff is always here to exceed our guests’ expectations. I will share your kind words with Alex.
We look forward to your return visit to the Iroquois!

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Perhaps I've been spoilt on my previous trips to the US, but I picked this as a boutique hotel thinking it might have more charm etc than one of the big ones.

The location was great, but I have to say for the money the room was so tiny, litterally room for the bed and the bathroom was dated.

Staff were very pleasant, but wouldn't say they went the extra mile.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear MOnika81,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Iroquois Hotel. I was happy to hear you found our staff to be very pleasant, but do apologize that you found your guestroom to be small in size. We do have several different room categories available that offer more spacious layouts if your travel plans have you visiting NYC in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally so I can assist with your travel requirements, and I would be happy to show you the different rooms we have available. I am confident we can exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

First: there was no doorman, although there are stairs to reach the door. Normally this isn't an issue, but I was coming from a conference and had a box of materials, a large suitcase, and two bags, so I could've used some customer service as I stumbled up the stairs slowly. At first I just thought the doorman had stepped away at that moment and it was poor timing, but I didn't see anyone there all night.

Second: I plugged in my laptop, walked away, when I came back I realized the outlet at the desk is bad and my computer was dead dead. I checked everywhere and the only outlet that works in the room is in the bathroom, so my laptop sat on top of the toilet for a couple hours.

Third: The space is already very tight, to be expected for a NYC hotel, but the minibar is absolutely gigantic. It's obviously there strictly for profit, and not for concern for me. If that piece of furniture were gone, I would not lose value, and the space would be lovely.

Fourth: They have satellite, so although the rain outside isn't that bad I am currently without tv.

Fifth: The fire escape is right next to my window. As a woman, I don't feel entirely secure with this setup.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lagreenwell

Dear Lagreenwell,

I wanted to take a moment and respond to your recent review of the Iroquois Hotel. We do pride ourselves on being a great choice for business travelers and have tailored several of our amenities to meet and exceed our business travelers’ needs, so I was disappointed to hear of your overall experience and can assure you that this is not an accurate representation of our hotel. We do have two door/bell attendants on duty to assist with guest arrival and departures, and they also facilitate guest requests. With regards to the laptop power we have checked all rooms to ensure this has been corrected. Contrary to popular belief, our minibars are provided as a convenience to hotel guests and they are not in place as a revenue stream.
I am happy to report that as of the end of October, we will be switching to Time Warner Cable that is provided via a fiber connection in replacement of our current Direct TV satellite service. This will provide an additional 40 channels of HD programming to all guestrooms. To respond to your comment about the fire escape, some of our rooms to face a mandatory fire escape but we do have several other room locations available for our hotel guests.
I welcome the opportunity to discuss this situation further, so please contact me at your convenience. Thank you for sharing your experience and as I stated earlier, this is not an accurate representation of the level of service and quality of the Iroquois Hotel.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

I took my daughter here for her !6th Birthday. We loved the location. It was easy to get around. the staff was great. A special thank you to Alan for his dinner recommendation. The room was small but the beds were very comfortable after a long day sightseeing. They accommodated our request for a late checkout and secured a ride back to the airport. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends