“Small hotel with class”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #45 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The small hotel has not compromised on class. The staff are friendly and very helpful. In the front of the lobby, looking out on 44th street is "the library" - truly a place to sit and read or access the Internet with printer.
You can park yourself at a garage across the street or use the valet service for $10 more. The location is two blocks from Times Square and most theatres. The Algonqin is a few doors away.
The bed was extremely comfortable.
A restaurant is available through the lobby and an intimate bar with approximately a dozen tables for post theatre drinks.
A comfortable place where you can feel safe and secure

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Upon arrival we where warmly greeted by staff, no issue with valet parking and check in was a breeze
The room was smaller than we are used to, however after a few munities we adapted to the extremely clean and comfortable setting. The location is excellent and close to Grand Central and the park.
A return visit is sure to come.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Although our room was small, it was very clean and very comfy. The staff were very nice, friendly and very helpful. I still remember one of staff members, Alex, he was very helpful. he took the time to explain everything to us. that made me feel very welcome. I am planning to go back there again soon.
the hotel is really in the heart of everything. We were able to walk to most of our activities.
you should visit this hotel. front desk staff like Alex and the door men will make you feel at home and very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This was my second stay at The Iroquois and, as with my first visit, everything was perfect! I stayed for three nights over the recent Columbus Day weekend.
The location couldn't be better. It's convenient to everything and right off Times Square.
The bed is one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in.
The room and bathroom were spotless! They give you Molton Brown toiletries - shampoo, lotion, etc. - which are an added bonus, because those products are wonderful. And there were nice, comfy bathrobes as well. Also an added bonus: the in-room safe, which was really easy to use.
Every single staff member that I had contact with over those three days couldn't have been nicer. From the desk staff to the bellmen, everyone was super nice and very professional.
The room was small, but they're all small in NYC and I've been in smaller. Plus the room was laid out very well and there was plenty of room in the bathroom.
The only reason I don't stay here more often is that it is often a bit pricey and you can't have more than two people in a room. So if you're going with a family, this would be out unless you book two rooms.
This time, everything was overpriced for Columbus Day weekend and I happened to get a special price through the travel site I booked with and I jumped at it.
I highly recommend The Iroquois.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jetsfan001
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Spent three nights at The Iroquois. The stay was great. Our room had NO view, but it was oh so quiet.

Two elevators made getting out easier. The in-room safe was easy to use and made me feel more secure leaving my valuables.

The location was so convenient. Right off Fifth Avenue, near Times Square, walking distance to Central Park. We used the Times Square subway to get around.

The concierge helped our party navigate the city and scored hard-to-get tickets.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My mum and I were staying at the hotel for two nights in October. I was told ahead of time, that hotel rooms in NY are generally small so I did not expect too much at arrival. The rooms are small but very nicely furnished. The linen is so comfy, the towels and bathrobe extremely fluffy and all in all the room very clean and comfortable. Most people are in the room to sleep only anyway, so no need for a huge room. The shower gel etc. are from MoltonBrown so very good quality and they smell great. The little bar serves nice cocktails in the evening and they also have a business center where you can use the internet free of charge. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and always quick to offer help, if you looked like you need something. The Concierge was a great help as well. I had tried to get tickets for the new World Trade Center memorial prior to our trip but it was fully booked. The lady at the concierge desk got me tickets. She also explained very well everything else we needed to know.
The hotel itself is in an excellent location, walking distance to Time Square, Rockefeller Center, Broadway, Fifth Ave, ...
Would certainly recommend this place to anybody interested going to NY.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank bellalinchen
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Due to never ending delays during the day, we arrived in NY hours after we were supposed to, just after midnight. We didn't arrive at the Iroquois until 1:30am, and i was very suprised to be greeted by a doorman and such early morning hours. He helped us retrieve our bags from the cab, and insisted on taking them inside for us and up to our room. We then met Alex at the front desk, and his level of courtesy and professionalism was unlike anything I had ever experienced in a Hotel before. He not only checked us in quickly, but made us comfortable in knowing that if we needed anything he would do everything to get it for us. We went to our room, incredibly tired and got to fall on one of the most comfortable king size beds I have slept in for years. The bathroom was spacious, clean, and it was obvious the staff there pays very close attention to detail. Overall, one of the best hotel stays imaginable. Would definitely go back and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin C
IroquoisHotel, General Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear Kevin C,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Iroquois Hotel. I was truly glad to hear of your impressions of Alex and our door attendant on duty. Our staff is always here to exceed our guests’ expectations. I will share your kind words with Alex.
We look forward to your return visit to the Iroquois!
Robert Holmes